Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

While I’d do a price for Tavares trade without blinking, what’s the chances of Tavares resigning given the number of holes we have.  The only selling point we have is Price, without him we are the Phoenix coyotes - with a management team that is just as incompetent.

Yeah, that seems fair enough.

No, wait, we have Weber - The Greatest Leader in Hockey, as the team's performance since acquiring him amply attests. Also Shaw, a Cup-ring-studded Leader par excellence. And, and, and we have...we have...wait, it'll come to me...:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, that seems fair enough.

No, wait, we have Weber - The Greatest Leader in Hockey, as the team's performance since acquiring him amply attests. Also Shaw, a Cup-ring-studded Leader par excellence. And, and, and we have...we have...wait, it'll come to me...:rolleyes:

You’re forgetting the cup winning elmor fudd coach

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You’re forgetting the cup winning elmor fudd coach

You hate Julien too? Have you ever liked a habs coach? I think Julien has had the team playing well for the most part. He didn't pick the terrible defense and he can't score. And he can't stop the puck. 

8 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Yeah, and we're going to just automatically get Craig Anderson? 

I wasnt specifically saying Craig Anderson. Just a goalie of his caliber and pay. And yes. You can automatically get them. Every year mid level goalies move around the league and cost eff all

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

You hate Julien too? Have you ever liked a habs coach? I think Julien has had the team playing well for the most part. He didn't pick the terrible defense and he can't score. And he can't stop the puck. 

Galchenyuk on he 4th line in the friggIn playoffs.   Why would I like any coach dumb enough do so that.  Given how he handled Kessel, sequin and Hamilton, I was uncomfortable with his hiring.

The last habs habs coach Iiked was Demers and the last GM savard.

Holy crap. That's pretty awesome. I fagree on galchenyuk. In fact, if you look back to cj being hired, I stated it as one of my fears. But I can't grade a coach on the treatment of one guy. Chucky has his issues away from the puck. No doubt. Neither therrien or cj have given him enough of a leash. I do not like his treatment of Chucky, but I do like the overall structure of the team's play. I think if prices was even mediocre this year, and not a tire fire, we would be heaping praise on old Bill for his system. 

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I wasnt specifically saying Craig Anderson. Just a goalie of his caliber and pay. And yes. You can automatically get them. Every year mid level goalies move around the league and cost eff all

I don't really consider Craig Anderson a mid level goalie and if he is, they aren't available every year for nothing. 

The goalies who are available are the Pavelecs, Elliotts, Masons and Ryan Millers. Some would be fine backups but nothing compared to what Price can bring as a starter. How much have the islanders won with Tavares as their #1 and Halak in net? 

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There was no craig anderson level goalie available last offseason... or the one before... or the one before that.

What, Ben Scrivens wasn't good enough for you:1gohabs:

Now would be a good time to start dealing Plekanek.

First because teams like Anaheim per exemple have injured players players and they need to fill these spots with NHLERS to stay on top of a very competitive division.

Second to prevent habs coaches to use him. And waste the kids offensive potential with a shutdown center. 

Not deal him now but start to listen to best offers.

3 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Now would be a good time to start dealing Plekanek.

First because teams like Anaheim per exemple have injured players players and they need to fill these spots with NHLERS to stay on top of a very competitive division.

Second to prevent habs coaches to use him. And waste the kids offensive potential with a shutdown center. 

Not deal him now but start to listen to best offers.

Pleks seems like a deadline deal to me. Some dumbass GM desperate for 'veteran leadership' and a '200 foot game' will overpay, thinking Pleks can be that 'extra piece' for a long Cup run.

17 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You say that as if Weber isn't a top 10 defenseman in the league and a potential hall of famer.  As if his leadership is actually the only attribute he brings to the table. The guy is a stud plain and simple.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Commandant said:

A team with 5 of their top 6 forwards 25 and under (exception Max) and with Carey Price signed for 9 years is not rebuilding. 

The same team who just signed price 4 months ago, is highly unlikely to trade him. 

He also has a 15 team NTC in his current deal and all teams next year. 

It wouldn't be the first time they signed a star to a long term deal and then traded him. 

I'm curious what teams are currently on his NTC

3 hours ago, illWill said:

It wouldn't be the first time they signed a star to a long term deal and then traded him. 

I'm curious what teams are currently on his NTC

The last ome happened 2 years into his contract... not before the contract began.

And you burn a guy for the second time on an ntc issue?  Bergevin is going to have to overpay to get anyone in free agency... even more than normal.  He will lose players and agents trust.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

The last ome happened 2 years into his contract... not before the contract began.

And you burn a guy for the second time on an ntc issue?  Bergevin is going to have to overpay to get anyone in free agency... even more than normal.  He will lose players and agents trust.

True, but the last time he traded a star that was locked up long term, he did so right before the NTC clause kicked in...just like Price's is about to. 

And I don't think Bergevin cares about losing trust with agents if he gets fired. He has his back against the wall as it is and will be throwing haymakers sometime soon to preserve his job if things don't get better. 

15 minutes ago, illWill said:

True, but the last time he traded a star that was locked up long term, he did so right before the NTC clause kicked in...just like Price's is about to. 

And I don't think Bergevin cares about losing trust with agents if he gets fired. He has his back against the wall as it is and will be throwing haymakers sometime soon to preserve his job if things don't get better. 

If his job is in as much jeopardy as you think, Geoff Molson will not let him trade his most popular player. 

You don't authorize a GM on thin ice to make such a deal. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

If his job is in as much jeopardy as you think, Geoff Molson will not let him trade his most popular player. 

You don't authorize a GM on thin ice to make such a deal. 

I think he probably has more rope left from Molson than what most people believe. But you have to think he personally is feeling the heat and wants results, anything short of a playoff appearance should be considered a failure. 

Edit: The guys on after 40 minutes said that when Price resigned, it changed his current contract to a full no movement clause

Trade Idea (I'm sure most will hate it)

Oilers send Nugent-Hopkins and Strome to Montreal

Canadiens send Galchenyuk and Pleks (2 million retained) to Edmonton 

we get a Center we need, they get a scoring winger and help on the PK

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, with Lindgren being essential to our success I can’t see it happening. Also we are giving up too much depth so either Gally or Lehkonen needs to come out for me to like this deal. Not so sure Arizona would take it though 

7 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Right now, with Lindgren being essential to our success I can’t see it happening. Also we are giving up too much depth so either Gally or Lehkonen needs to come out for me to like this deal. Not so sure Arizona would take it though 

I am just thinking along the lines of sell high. Lindgren value is high now. With this trade phx gets young talent back and we get a puck moving Dman that we can put with weber and a true number one center.

We are pushing for a long playoff run so that first wont mean much. But PHX 2nd round pick would be high.

40 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

I think this trade could workout for both teams 

To habs

Strome + Larsson +2nd round pick 

To phx 

Galchenyuk + lindgren + lehkonen +1st round pick

Jeeeez.   I thought  you meant  Ryan Strome and Adam Larsson  from Edmonton !!!!   I felt we were overpaying a lot !   :D

40 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

I am just thinking along the lines of sell high. Lindgren value is high now. With this trade phx gets young talent back and we get a puck moving Dman that we can put with weber and a true number one center.

Is it?  I would think most GMs wouldn't rush to buy high on a player with less than ten games of NHL experience.  He hasn't played enough to really show his long-term potential (is he a future #1, a 1B type of goalie, a high-end backup, an average backup, etc).  If he can sustain a level of play somewhat close to this over another 20-30 NHL starts, then his value may start to go up (similar to Cam Talbot, Martin Jones, guys like that).  Right now, he's a non-established guy on a two-week hot streak and no smart general manager is going to automatically assume that based on that, Lindgren is a high-end piece worth trading someone with well-established value for.