Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Is it?  I would think most GMs wouldn't rush to buy high on a player with less than ten games of NHL experience.  He hasn't played enough to really show his long-term potential (is he a future #1, a 1B type of goalie, a high-end backup, an average backup, etc).  If he can sustain a level of play somewhat close to this over another 20-30 NHL starts, then his value may start to go up (similar to Cam Talbot, Martin Jones, guys like that).  Right now, he's a non-established guy on a two-week hot streak and no smart general manager is going to automatically assume that based on that, Lindgren is a high-end piece worth trading someone with well-established value for.

Once price comes back he wont play. Thats why we picked up niemi. PHX is playing really bad could be looking to blow the team up. If some how MB can pull off a trade for Larsson and Strome I hope he does it.

5 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

Once price comes back he wont play. Thats why we picked up niemi. PHX is playing really bad could be looking to blow the team up. If some how MB can pull off a trade for Larsson and Strome I hope he does it.

OEL? Sure why not, but I would prefer to trade for Crosby and Malkin package or maybe Toews & Kane.

1 hour ago, habsFan1986 said:

And therein lies the challenge in getting value for Lindgren right now.  It may take another year or two for him to get those 20-30 NHL starts (much like Talbot and Jones, actually; it took multiple years for them to really show themselves to be capable goalies on a consistent basis).  Teams are going to want that little bit of a track record before committing a valuable asset to trade for him and unless Price is out longer-term, that track record is going to take a while to establish.

As for Ekman-Larsson, wasn't it Brian Lawton (a former GM who has basically been exiled from the game since getting fired) who started the 'rumour' of him being available?  (Not much credibility there...)  Arizona's GM has stated publicly a bunch of times now that they have no intention of moving him.  A more realistic timetable for him to go is this coming summer if he's not willing to commit to a long-term extension at that time.  I don't think they'd entirely be against moving Strome but given the lofty draft status, they'd want a top-flight prospect in return and Lindgren just isn't at that stage even though he has played extremely well so far.

If we're doing a retool this season...

Montoya (when he's healthy) for Kari Lehtonen, Remi Elie, and a 2nd round pick. Dallas gets a better backup now and next season, but pays a price for getting significant cap relief for trade deadline acquisitions. 

Plekanec (at 50% retained salary) to Winnipeg for a 2nd round pick. They look like a team that could use a defensive 3rd line center... also Pleks is prepared for Winnipeg winters with his collection of turtlenecks. 

Then whatever assortment of 6th and 7th round picks you can get for Davidson, Mitchell, and Hemsky. 

I'd also loan Mete to the World Juniors in December, then send him back down to his junior team right after. No need to taint the kid further with this mentally fragile locker room.

Call up Jerabek, but look to flip him at the deadline for whatever value he performs to.

Finally, not sure what the value is on Pacioretty, but if you want to get a message across to the team that the locker room atmosphere needs a change, you deal the captain. I'd look to San Jose, L.A, Nashville, and Dallas (hey, check out all that cap space!) for the best offers. Maybe Carolina as well. 

#FallinforDahlin

#SignTavares

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If we're doing a retool this season...

Trizzak , Pleks, Mete, Jerabek, Davidson, Hemsky, Mitchell. It is hard not to agree on those. I would throw in Morrow and Petry  as other possible moves. 

I would strip the C from Patches to send a message. I would give it to Gallagher, but I would keep the rest of the team and I would let them struggle through the year. If we tank, might as well tank with them. 

I do not think MB can improve the team with the assets we have to give

If we are talking about restructuring the team in order to actually contend for the Cup, that will not happen by trading spare parts and mid-range guys on the decline like Pleks. The only guy who is over (say) 26 and who will bring back a franchise-altering return is Pacioretty. We also do need to face the fact that he *is* a defining player for this team, and what he defines - through no fault of his own - is failure. He should never have been made C.

I would listen to offers on Price and Weber for the same reason - the hope of a major infusion of young talent - but there are two problems with trading those guys: one is that their contracts will scare away other teams; the other is that if you trade them you risk destroying the foundation-stones that give the Habs any hope of being competitive as you 'retool,' and risk creating an Edmonton Oilers-like rebuild with zero veteran leadership. It may not be practical to move them.

31 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If we are talking about restructuring the team in order to actually contend for the Cup, that will not happen by trading spare parts and mid-range guys on the decline like Pleks. The only guy who is over (say) 26 and who will bring back a franchise-altering return is Pacioretty. We also do need to face the fact that he *is* a defining player for this team, and what he defines - through no fault of his own - is failure. He should never have been made C.

I would listen to offers on Price and Weber for the same reason - the hope of a major infusion of young talent - but there are two problems with trading those guys: one is that their contracts will scare away other teams; the other is that if you trade them you risk destroying the foundation-stones that give the Habs any hope of being competitive as you 'retool,' and risk creating an Edmonton Oilers-like rebuild with zero veteran leadership. It may not be practical to move them.

I agree with this.

IMO you move anyone over 26 not named Price and Weber. You keep those two around because not only are they our best players but they should be held onto to tutor the young guys especially in Weber’s case. We will still need veteran presence.

Patches time here as captain is just about up and it’s not that I don’t like the guy but the team needs a new direction and management is the reason for this not Max.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Wait... am I being traded too?

Guys, come on, I'm trying hard out here, I'm just in a bit of a rough patch. Put me on a line with DON and The Chicoutimi Cucumber and I swear my posts will improve.

We had an offer from a blue jackets board of three top poster prospects and a first round pick.  Sorry bud.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I wouldn’t just be listening for offers for Weber and price, is would be actively creating an auction for both - along with Pacioretty.  Have a discussion  with Price by starting with a simple asking question, do you want to stay for a long rebuild (he is the biggest chip we have, so can’t see us truly rebuilding by trading just Weber and Pacioretty), or win a cup in your career?

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We had an offer from a blue jackets board of three top poster prospects and a first round pick.  Sorry bud.

:lol:

Come on, Trizzak isn't the problem - it's the MODERATOR! dlbalr has gotta go!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Wait... am I being traded too?

Guys, come on, I'm trying hard out here, I'm just in a bit of a rough patch. Put me on a line with DON and The Chicoutimi Cucumber and I swear my posts will improve.

Only if we get more than a third pair defensan for you. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way :/

Edited by alfredoh2009
Trying to be less mean

If there are trades coming, I hope they build around Drouin.. bring in nobody over the age of 25

Potential targets

Anaheim - Lindholm or Fowler

Arizona - Duclair (you're not getting OEL)

Calgary - Bennett

Carolina - Hanifin

Dallas - rights to Nichuskin (something I hope MB is hard after), Oleksiak, Ritchie

Edmonton - Nurse, Yammoto (would you do Nurse and Yams for Pacs???)

LA - Iafallo

Minnesota - Dumba

Nashville - Fiala

New Jersey - Zacha

NY Islanders - Beauvillier, Pulock

NY Rangers - Skjei (might be the most difficult to acquire on this list), Vesey, Buchnevich

Philly - Morin. Sanheim

Pitts - Guentzel (again, tough trade)

San Jose - Demelo, Hertl

St. Louis -  Barbashev, Dunn

Vancouver - Burmistrov

Vegas - Theodore, Tuch

Winnipeg - Trouba, Dano

Obviously there's tons of better talent under 25, I'm just thinking of people who could actually be acquired.

As bad as the team has been, there are tradeable pieces that could land us 5 or 6 players on the list. A "rebuild" could occur pretty quickly and set the team up for several years.

With solid pieces like Lehks, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Danault, and Mete.. there's a good chance to get young and grow.

On 19/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:lol:

Come on, Trizzak isn't the problem - it's the MODERATOR! dlbalr has gotta go!!!

We don't want Brian making the trades.... but that doesn't mean that we should turn down an overpayment for Trizzak. 

On Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 7:17 PM, habsFan1986 said:

Max was traded the second they made the trade for Drouin. The fact the team is bad makes it an easier decision  for them. Drouin will be the new poster boy for this team just because he is the home town boy.

I really think it'll be Galchenyuk going first.

I wonder about that Gudbranson rumour. Jake Vrtanen has shown some improvement but is still on the bubble...I could just see Bergevin moving Galy plus some junk for those guys. They're plodders, just the kind of players he covets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I really think it'll be Galchenyuk going first.

I wonder about that Gudbranson rumour. Jake Vrtanen has shown some improvement but is still on the bubble...I could just see Bergevin moving Galy plus some junk for those guys. They're plodders, just the kind of players he covets.

That would rival the worst trades in team history.  Both Gudbranson and Virtanen are shit. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

That would rival the worst trades in team history.  Both Gudbranson and Virtanen are shit. 

I agree, and hopefully it's just paranoia on my part to imagine it. But those Gudbranson rumours are out there, and if I'm Vancouver, I look to pry Galchenyuk away. Van isn't in a stupendous position, but has enough veteran and young assets to be able to put together some sort of package that might tempt our benighted GM.

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

How about tsns idea of Weber  with some retained salary to the leafs for Nylander or Marner?

Holy Toronto would become a powerhouse with Weber next to Rielly.

I would consider it with Nylander not sure about Marner though.