Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I wouldn't trade Price, Weber or Pacioretty for pretty much any of the deals I've seen on this website so far. That is all... for now. 

2 hours ago, nihilz said:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Lindgren 1st 2018

Draisatl Puljujarvi

You gotta be kidding - lose the chance to draft Dahlin??

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You gotta be kidding - lose the chance to draft Dahlin??

Two things:

First, Oilers reject that, quickly

Second, Montreal isn't finishing last.. even now they're playing awful and are 5th or 6th. You have to figure the worst they do is 9th or 10th. Very very very little chance they get Dahlin

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

5th or 6th? They're in 14th place in the east 

5th or 6th worst 

(they are 5th worst in the league as of now)

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

5th or 6th worst 

(they are 5th worst in the league as of now)

Yeah, draft runs off the NHL standings.. I'm saying they're 5th worst now, won't finish below 9th or 10th, even with a fire sale. 

I think that with schelemko's and Lehkonen's return the CH will have to make a trade instead of waiving a defenseman . Specially if they try to keep Hemsky (which I doubt)

By Christmas this team should look better; but they will still be out of a playoff spot. I think they will ride this like when we drafted Chucky

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think that with schelemko's and Lehkonen's return the CH will have to make a trade instead of waiving a defenseman . Specially if they try to keep Hemsky (which I doubt)

By Christmas this team should look better; but they will still be out of a playoff spot. I think they will ride this like when we drafted Chucky

With Mitchell gone, one spot has already been opened. 

Don't be surprised if Mete goes back to juniors on the back end. 

A guy like Deslauriers can be sent back to minors. 

If things don't turn, expect UFAs like Plekanec gone.  Hemsky too. 

So while there will be moves.  I wouldn't be sure that they are more than nibbling at the edges unless someone overpays for a guy like Pacioretty. 

We could see a lot more movement come summer. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

With Mitchell gone, one spot has already been opened. 

Don't be surprised if Mete goes back to juniors on the back end. 

A guy like Deslauriers can be sent back to minors. 

If things don't turn, expect UFAs like Plekanec gone.  Hemsky too. 

So while there will be moves.  I wouldn't be sure that they are more than nibbling at the edges unless someone overpays for a guy like Pacioretty. 

We could see a lot more movement come summer. 

I think Deslaurier replaced Mitchell and bings what King should have brought

and yes, Mete is going to the world junior's

Guest Stogey24

Well this team's first rounder is looking to be in the top 10. So I'd be pretty skeptical moving it for a player who is 30 years old in a month.

Giroux has been a left wing all year too  

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I do not want that contract on a declining player.  Scott gomez part 2.

Agreed. Giroux would help this year but that's a scary contract. (4 years left at 8.2)

I'd still target Edmonton.. if there's a GM who will trade a great player for spare parts, its Chiarelli(sp?) !!

Nuge is playing well this year, go get him. 

What part of 1.12 points per game is declining? Or how about being a +8 on a team that is -8 overall in goal differential as a last place team? The guy wasn't up to his standards last season. Other than that I don't see what the problem is. I agree that his contract could be problematic in a few years, but why worry about that at this point? Most successful teams don't.

It's easy to complain that this team doesn't have a center or impact forward and vilify the GM for it. But if there's a deal out there to get one, nobody wants to pay what it would cost. I suppose let's wait around for another decade and hope that a young superstar emerges from the prospect pool...

48 minutes ago, illWill said:

What part of 1.12 points per game is declining? Or how about being a +8 on a team that is -8 overall in goal differential as a last place team? The guy wasn't up to his standards last season. Other than that I don't see what the problem is. I agree that his contract could be problematic in a few years, but why worry about that at this point? Most successful teams don't.

It's easy to complain that this team doesn't have a center or impact forward and vilify the GM for it. But if there's a deal out there to get one, nobody wants to pay what it would cost. I suppose let's wait around for another decade and hope that a young superstar emerges from the prospect pool...

If we're going to dish out for that kind of contract, then we should have f**king signed RADULOV on an overpay without surrendering assets. For God's sake. If they make a trade for Giroulx after not re-signing a superior player in Radu, it will be the rancid cherry on top of the gigantic turd sundae that is Bergevin's legacy of mismanagement.

38 minutes ago, illWill said:

He's had a good 20 games this year (playing LW). 

In his last four years

86 pts to 73 points to 67 points to 58 points

You say its a one season thing.  Its not.  Its a four year trend of a player in decline, and a good quarter of a season doesn't change that for me. Especially given that he's about to hit 30 years old, and that this short term spike is no longer at centre, the position we would want him to play. 

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If we're going to dish out for that kind of contract, then we should have f**king signed RADULOV on an overpay without surrendering assets. For God's sake. If they make a trade for Giroulx after not re-signing a superior player in Radu, it will be the rancid cherry on top of the gigantic turd sundae that is Bergevin's legacy of mismanagement.

I don't share your level of disgust toward MB. But I agree on your view of Giroux vs Radulov: good point!

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You make a good point bringing up Radulov but I see those as different situations. For one, it's a center vs a winger. Two, there's nothing that I've read to suggest Radulov came back to MB and said he was going to sign in Dallas, so the offer must increase. Should MB have just threw out an offer of 7+ just to ensure he stays? I thought it was a fair offer and Radulov chose the tax breaks and sunny winters. There's also a chance that in any potential deal for Giroux that Philly retains some salary. 

56 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's had a good 20 games this year (playing LW). 

In his last four years

86 pts to 73 points to 67 points to 58 points

You say its a one season thing.  Its not.  Its a four year trend of a player in decline, and a good quarter of a season doesn't change that for me. Especially given that he's about to hit 30 years old, and that this short term spike is no longer at centre, the position we would want him to play. 

Yes, 86 to 73 to 67 to 58 is a decline, but he'd still be our #1a/b center. Just because a player is in decline doesn't mean he isnt' still impactful. It's like saying well Gretzky went from 215 to 183 to 149, so we don't want him. Giroux couldn't carry Gretzky's jock, but the point remains the same. This team needs offense and we aren't in a position to be picky about where it comes from. Unless we just want to blow the whole thing up and rebuild

Giroux is on pace for 92 points this year, so it's safe to say his downward trend will be finished. Maybe he is better at the wing, I don't know, I don't watch Philly games. A third of the season through is a decent sample size for a former Hart nominee to show he can still play.