Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
31 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Still, these trades happen. Panarin for Saad.

Still? This team is a fringe playoff team that has a glaring weakness at centre. Why would you trade one of your top assets for a redundancy 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Still? This team is a fringe playoff team that has a glaring weakness at centre. Why would you trade one of your top assets for a redundancy 

Because he's beyond the point of getting him for a top six centre, which I think was possible in 2015 but not so much today. Add a first and a prospect and I still have my doubts. Might as well go in a different direction, trade him for a left winger some may feel is just on a hot streak but also has a decent contract, but would at least change the team dynamic of not having a peeled potato as captain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Because he's beyond the point of getting him for a top six centre, which I think was possible in 2015 but not so much today. Add a first and a prospect and I still have my doubts. Might as well go in a different direction, trade him for a left winger some may feel is just on a hot streak but also has a decent contract, but would at least change the team dynamic of not having a peeled potato as captain.

Amen!  There are 103 NHL players with more goals than Casperetty at this moment. 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Amen!  There are 103 NHL players with more goals than Casperetty at this moment. 

I think it's by design this year. He knows that no defenseman will spring him with an outlet pass and there is no Radulov to toy with  defenders waiting for a scoring chance, so he is trying to do more in the offensive zone on his own. That wasn't really his game. 

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I think it's by design this year. He knows that no defenseman will spring him with an outlet pass and there is no Radulov to toy with  defenders waiting for a scoring chance, so he is trying to do more in the offensive zone on his own. That wasn't really his game. 

Trying to do too much? Most nights he's a floater, looks uninterested. If he had half the heart that Gally or even Shaw display on a nightly basis, he'd have way more points. 

I'd trade him just to show his effort won't be tolerated, especially from the guy wearing the C. 

Get Nugent-Hopkins from Edmonton, at least he tries. 

• Like 1

I'm hearing Kris Letang rumours out of Pittsburgh so let's get silly.

To Pittsburgh

- Shea Weber

- Andrew Shaw

To Montreal

- Kris Letang

- Carl Hagelin

For Pittsburgh: they get gritty and move Hagelin, who has been missing Bonino and looks lost these days. He's become the new Kunitz. Weber can hide a bit better in Pittsburgh under the shadow of Crosby/Malkin/Kessel. Shaw would be appealing as a guy who can slot in anywhere and has centres that would make him look better than he is.

For Montreal: The idea of Subban for Weber for Letang is a bit easier to swallow. Letang would be a superstar in Montreal all his own. Hagelin has seen better days and is a bit overpaid but that doesn't hurt Montreal as much as it hurts Pittsburgh. Plus he's done in two years compared to Shaw's five.

If the Habs were to consider moving Weber (and I don't think they would, especially for a struggling and injury prone Letang), they'd likely want to wait until they're off the hook for cap recapture (and that's not until the end of the 19-20 season).

There is no way at this point that Letang is anywhere near as capable as Weber is to hold down the fort as a top D-man for over 25min a night. Weber is simply a better defenceman, has been for years and still is. We don't need to trade a general on the backend for a broke down version of karlsson.

That would be a loss for us quite easily, then you factor in the injury prone nature of Letang and the loss becomes even greater.

And after that type of trade, imagine the fury from those who think this team is too soft already. You essentially trade the 2 guys who play with the most grit on the team for 2 softies.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Weber for a pre negotiated Karlsson

Ottawa gets a franchise Dman signed long term at a comparably good rate. We get a puck moving dman that Ottawa can't afford to resign.

I do wonder if he is damaged goods and his foot/ankle is worse than he lets on.

I suspect Weber will be fine, and I love the idea of the trade, but doubt Ottawa will be stupid enough to do it. Anyway, MB probably thinks Weber is better than Karlsson. :bonk:

• Upvote 1

On 02/01/2018 at 9:18 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I suspect Weber will be fine, and I love the idea of the trade, but doubt Ottawa will be stupid enough to do it. Anyway, MB probably thinks Weber is better than Karlsson. :bonk:

To be honest, I'm not really sure which one is a better Dman.  Very often, Karlsson looks really bad out there in his own zone and gets fooled a lot by speedy forwards with great hands.

On the other hand,  I might be tempted to trade for Karlsson and make him our #1 C...  :D

Anthony Duclair has requested a trade out of Arizona, he could be a decent fit with Drouin.  22 years old, has a 20-goal season under his belt, might be available for one of the three 2nd rounders for the draft, and a player (eg, McCarron, Hudon, de la Rose, maybe even Fucale)

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather keep Hudon

I don't rate Duclair that highly

If you think Hudon is going to be a top 6 player in the NHL you need to take your habs blinders off. He is at best a 3rd line center.

3 minutes ago, Metallica said:

If you think Hudon is going to be a top 6 player in the NHL you need to take your habs blinders off. He is at best a 3rd line center.

1) He's not a centre, so who is watching him with blinders on.  He's played 2 games at centre all season and 0 games at centre last season (AHL included).  So yeah, when you call him a centre, you show just how little you actually know about Hudon. 

2) I think Hudon is already, right now, a very good third line winger.  Duclair had an excellent rookie season, but has had some bad years since then.  I'm not sure he's better than a third liner either. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Im personally just shocked hudon hadnt scored more. Regularly impressed by his play. Same with Lehkonen... but my eyes could be bad as I regularly think Small Paul is the best hab on the ice :))

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, RobRock said:

Anthony Duclair has requested a trade out of Arizona, he could be a decent fit with Drouin.  22 years old, has a 20-goal season under his belt, might be available for one of the three 2nd rounders for the draft, and a player (eg, McCarron, Hudon, de la Rose, maybe even Fucale)

Duclair isn't worth anywhere near that much.  He would be a terrible fit in Montreal.  He has been called out by his coach in Arizona for wildly inconsistent efforts and a stubborn refusal to play the system.  Tocchet also said recently he doesn't want to play him in the bottom six regularly as he'd be too much of a liability if he's not in a scoring role and as a result, he has been a healthy scratch (on a team much worse than Montreal) on multiple occasions already.  He'd be in the doghouse with the Habs within a week.  He's also just not that good; this isn't the rookie-year player you'd be getting.

By the way, while the report of the trade request only came out yesterday, the actual request came back in November.  Clearly, there isn't much of a market for him.

• Like 1