Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I was at the LA at Edmonton game on January 2..  Doughty is a beast.

I've seen lots of NHL defencemen play - Subban, Karlsson, Burns... and I've never seen one look as good as Doughty did.. even in the warmups he had a swagger to him.. 

Anways,  he's not getting dealt to Montreal but another guy that was noticeable at the game was Lucic. Terrible contract, but he gives it all every shift.. even when the game was obviously over he was still skating hard, being a pest. 

Does Edmonton regret the signing? Freeing up space might allow them to sign Maroon or add more depth at forward.

Could we do Pleks + a draft pick for Lucic with salary retained. If Edmonton retains 25% you would get him for 4.5 which is decent for a 2nd/3rd liner. 

Maybe "sweeten" the pot with a prospect who is going nowhere?

I wonder how a prospect who is going nowhere could "sweaten" the pot????

33 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I wonder how a prospect who is going nowhere could "sweaten" the pot????

Somebody who it seems like MB has given up on that others might give a chance to - ala McCaron or Scerbek

21 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Somebody who it seems like MB has given up on that others might give a chance to - ala McCaron or Scerbek

Lol the only GM that will take a prospect that's going no where is probably Bergevin.

22 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Turned 22 two weeks ago and is one of the top PPG players in the AHL.  We've given up on Scherbak?

Pittsburgh is looking for a 3rd line C and has been all season. 

Would take some moving of money from their side to work, but i wouldn't mind getting their second rounder and a prospect for Pleks... could be a top 45 pick if they miss the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Would take some moving of money from their side to work, but i wouldn't mind getting their second rounder and a prospect for Pleks... could be a top 45 pick if they miss the playoffs. 

That sounds like a trade that I hope they make 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Islanders also need a 3C...

Could even create a bidding war between the two since they're both fighting for a wildcard spot. 

• Like 2

With none of the desired roster assets going to arrive to MTL via Trade we have no choice but to trade for picks or sloppy seconds or lets just sat risky players

So if its very --very unlikely to get a top roster player then what could MB more realistically do or (Allah forbid he really does)

What candidates do you FEAR MB will end up trading for?

Im thinking Kris Letang will end up being one posibility 

4 minutes ago, CoRvInA said:

With none of the desired roster assets going to arrive to MTL via Trade we have no choice but to trade for picks or sloppy seconds or lets just sat risky players

So if its very --very unlikely to get a top roster player then what could MB more realistically do or (Allah forbid he really does)

What candidates do you FEAR MB will end up trading for?

Im thinking Kris Letang will end up being one posibility 

I’d have a heart attack if MB moved galchenyuk for Letang that has been suggested.

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d have a heart attack if MB moved galchenyuk for Letang that has been suggested.

Good grief .....would he cost more than a player?  Letang is arguably at his lowest value ever... Given How Pitsburg is tight on cap wouldnt Letang go for less then a Galchenyuk?

Any interest in Brock Nelson, reportedly available from the Islanders. 

They want a defenceman and have him as expendable with Barzal breaking out. 

Maybe, Schlemko for Nelson? 

Could be a buy low, second line centre with decent size.  Sorry he's not right-handed, we can't get everything at once. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Any interest in Brock Nelson, reportedly available from the Islanders. 

They want a defenceman and have him as expendable with Barzal breaking out. 

Maybe, Schlemko for Nelson? 

Could be a buy low, second line centre with decent size.  Sorry he's not right-handed, we can't get everything at once. 

I dunno...is he an upgrade on Jacob De La Rose? :bonk:

10 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I for one love the idea of Bergevin in mid January acquiring an RFA centre.

I'm fine with grabbing an RFA.... no issues there.  His Q.O. is 2.5 million and Brock Nelson is not a guy who is going to get an unmatchable offer sheet. 

There are some center prospects around the league such as Thomas is St. Louis, and Lias Andersen in New York.  That would be ideal for our retooling. 

These are the types of players MB should be looking at.  And both St. Louis and NYR are probably looking to add at the deadline.  

Dangle a little Pacioretty and see what you can get.  At this point we all know that Patches is worth more in a trade than in the lineup.   Find the best deal possible and get it done.   He will never be worth more than right now before the deadline. 

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'm fine with grabbing an RFA.... no issues there.  His Q.O. is 2.5 million and Brock Nelson is not a guy who is going to get an unmatchable offer sheet. 

Just what the club needs. More middle sixers without high end talent to clog up the cap being above average at best.

You like Shaw so it's no surprise you'd be fine with it.

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Just what the club needs. More middle sixers without high end talent to clog up the cap being above average at best.

You like Shaw so it's no surprise you'd be fine with it.

Ok, the club doesn't need a 26 year old with three 20 goal seasons already to his name to play centre.  And one of those was 26

We'll just keep putting Byron and De La Rose out there as our top 2 centres. 

That will work. 

God forbid we have a 2nd line centre who could score 20-25 goals. 

You still think McCarron will be a top 6 centre, so no surprise you don't want to clog things up to keep him from reaching his potential. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CoRvInA said:

Good grief .....would he cost more than a player?  Letang is arguably at his lowest value ever... Given How Pitsburg is tight on cap wouldnt Letang go for less then a Galchenyuk?

Letang? A 30 yr old with seizure history for a highly skilled 23yr old, not with ten foot pole would I touch Letang.

2 hours ago, Davehab said:

There are some center prospects around the league such as Thomas is St. Louis, and Lias Andersen in New York.  That would be ideal for our retooling. 

These are the types of players MB should be looking at.  And both St. Louis and NYR are probably looking to add at the deadline.  

Dangle a little Pacioretty and see what you can get.  At this point we all know that Patches is worth more in a trade than in the lineup.   Find the best deal possible and get it done.   He will never be worth more than right now before the deadline. 

Why trade Pacioretty now? Makes little sense, when should wait till late post season when all teams are available to deal you picks-prospects, with no post season to worry about, or post July 1st when UFAs are off teams payrolls. Same as a deal for Galchenyuk, simply should get better deal in June-July.

Rangers sound like they want to be sellers not buyers. 

But yes, we need a Thomas, or a Steel, or another high end centre prospect (plus a first, and probably at least one more prospect) before I even think of moving Max now. 

Look what the Sabres want for Kane. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Rangers sound like they want to be sellers not buyers. 

But yes, we need a Thomas, or a Steel, or another high end centre prospect (plus a first, and probably at least one more prospect) before I even think of moving Max now. 

Look what the Sabres want for Kane. 

what do thye want?

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Why trade Pacioretty now? Makes little sense, when should wait till late post season when all teams are available to deal you picks-prospects, with no post season to worry about, or post July 1st when UFAs are off teams payrolls. Same as a deal for Galchenyuk, simply should get better deal in June-July.

I'm not an NHL GM, but I'd wager that you'd get more assets out of 5 teams vying for Pacioretty for 2 playoffs rather than 10 teams vying for Pacioretty for 1 playoff.

• Upvote 1