Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Or if you do a good enough job scouting, you can get a C and LD based on the prospects you bring back out of a Pacioretty trade. You know, kind of like how the Habs got a LD and LW out of trading Rivet.

Sure, that would be great. Is our current pro scouting good enough for that? 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

We need guys who can put the puck in the net. 

If you have Playmakers on your team they open the ice up for guys to score.

16 minutes ago, Link67 said:

What kind of analysis is this?

Our offense is defunct for multiple reasons, playmakers being the least of our concerns. What is more troublesome are how skewed we are, positionally, up front, we got Wingers trying to be Centers, Centers trying to be Wingers. We lack a legitimate 1C, probably even a 2C but lets worry about one issue at a time up there. Then we have a D core that is carried by 2 guys, both playing from the same side, also happen to be the only 2 capable of producing points on any kind of regular basis. We have no one on the Left side capable of eating minutes while driving some offense on a consistent basis for the forwards.

Those are the real issues plaguing this offense, you have to be properly setup at the forward and defense position before you can even get into what style of players you need to compliment each other better and further upgrade that offense. You need a real 1C, you need a real top 6 with maybe only 1 guy out of the 6 being a bubble guy, the rest have to be hands down top 6 guys. You need at least 3 of your 6 Dmen to be very good all around players who are capable of playing big minutes, solid in their own zone, while contributing to team offense, whether on the PP or 5 on 5.

We are obviously not there yet, and need to get there before we can even consider talking about how many natural goal scorers, playmakers, or net drivers we are lacking to make it better.

Great post.

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

All reasons why you keep the younger player under contract, and trade Pacioretty

Not if we are in win now mode. Which is the position I am going with.

That's why I would trade Galchenyuk to Arizona for D. Strome. Scherbak should match Galchenyuk's production (20-25g) of recent years but has a lower ceiling. A potential 30g winger for D. Strome is good for Arizona. If Strome is as good as I've read we could have an NHL 2C center with upside

If that is not enough, I would add 3rd overall for their and 5th overall. That is overpaying, so we would need to get something extra from Arizona. Hjalmarsson or Chychrun

Yeah! I suck at this , just trying to show character and a willingness to go to the dirty areas even if I lack the skill

;) Channeling my inner Pyatt ;)

59 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs are in 'win now' mode?!?

No offence, but...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I see what you did there... ;)

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

What about Pacioretty for Darnell Nurse?

Edmonton will probably end up buying out Lucic. A scoring winger would make sense for them. 

I guess the fact Pacioretty is a UFA after this year, makes the trade less appealing for Edmonton.

Oilers have a couple pieces that might fit well on Habs, like a Nugent-Hopkins as well.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Oilers have a couple pieces that might fit well on Habs, like a Nugent-Hopkins as well.

Nugent Hopkins is McDavid's winger now.  And he put up huge numbers with him between the deadline and the end of the season. 

Doubt he's moving. 

The Oilers seem to want to move Klefbom. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Nugent Hopkins is McDavid's winger now.  And he put up huge numbers with him between the deadline and the end of the season. 

Doubt he's moving. 

I heard the same, and even if the Habs are in a hard rebuild, he would be a very good target for the club.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Doubt he's moving. 

I wouldn't be against a trade involving klefbom 

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Klefbom is a great buy-low candidate and has a great contract too. 

I'd love to make that deal.  I think it's going to be another massive Chiarelli mistake.

Bergevin offers Weber to Edmonton. What does Chiarelli offer back with Klefbom?

32 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

1) They are moving Klefbom to cut salary.  This is their move, when everyone assumed their salary cap move was going to be RNH.  They aren't doing a Weber trade. 

2) I want Klefbom as the puckmoving LHD to play with Weber.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Not sure why we would even be trying to move Weber while we would be going after the player who would compliment him really well, Klefbom and Petry are not going to be back boning any kind of viable Defense. Weber, Petry, Klefbom, however, starts to look interesting with Mete and Juulsen in the mix.

4 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Not sure why we would even be trying to move Weber while we would be going after the player who would compliment him really well, Klefbom and Petry are not going to be back boning any kind of viable Defense.

I wouldn't want them to. I want to tank the next 2-3 seasons.

38 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I wouldn't want them to. I want to tank the next 2-3 seasons.

And see an English head coach behind the bench also I suppose?