Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I’m all aboard the klefbom train. What would Edmonton be looking for? 

I think 2 seconds would do it.  They want to dump the money. The whole point is dumping the contract.

Habs pick plus washington pick.

Or maybe Habs pick, plus 3rd, plus dlr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think 2 seconds would do it.  They want to dump the money. The whole point is dumping the contract.

Done. I don’t want to give up gally that’s for sure. 

But if they really are in it for a cap dump, we should pounce. Klefbom is a great fit, on paper at least.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Edmonton isn't trading one of their top defensemen for 2 second round picks and a fringe nhl'er.

Klefbom was averaging 23min a night, this past season and was a basically a 40pt d-man the year before. 

At 24 years old and a 4.1 million dollar cap hit, they're not just trying to dump this guy. 

59 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Edmonton isn't trading one of their top defensemen for 2 second round picks and a fringe nhl'er.

Klefbom was averaging 23min a night, this past season and was a basically a 40pt d-man the year before. 

At 24 years old and a 4.1 million dollar cap hit, they're not just trying to dump this guy. 

To be fair, our second is a mid 30 pick. That’s a pretty valuable pick. And honestly, Chiarelli has made worse moves already, I wouldn’t put it past him.

but I agree that it’s not much to pay for Kelfbom

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

To be fair, our second is a mid 30 pick. That’s a pretty valuable pick. And honestly, Chiarelli has made worse moves already, I wouldn’t put it past him.

but I agree that it’s not much to pay for Kelfbom

Doubt anyone gets Klefbom without giving up a cheaper defenseman in the deal. Who does Edmonton have to replace him? I don't think they are drowning in defense prospects right now.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Doubt anyone gets Klefbom without giving up a cheaper defenseman in the deal. Who does Edmonton have to replace him? I don't think they are drowning in defense prospects right now.

See ya Jordie ??

We we could send one of our d prospects their way as well. Benn, Fluery, our second and third for Klefbom and a classic MB 5th rounder 

5 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Thats not what Friedmann and McKenzie are saying.

Hes going to be the cap dump to fit in the McDavid/draisatl etc... contracts.

No one will take lucic or russell.

They dont want to trade RNH.

They are going to need to make cap room somehow and theyve decided hes the guy.

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If you can't see Bergevin trading for both...

I can easily see MB trading for both. Wouldn’t even be surprised if he kept him rather than flipping him.

Klefbom sure would make a nice addition playing along side Weber, a good Puck Mover playing with Weber is exactly the combination that would yield tremendous success for that top pair. Because it is so obviously a good fit for us, I am going to go ahead and predict we sit on our hands about it, and let the opportunity to balance our top pair in such a great way, slip on by.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Look how close Bergevin was to signing Lucic 2 years ago. 

I'm pretty sure Habs offered more money too 

If I was to wager a guess, they offered $6.5M per year to Edmonton's $6M but Lucic considered playing with McDavid to be a sure thing for his career.

According to Capfriendly, both Russell and Lucic have no movement clauses for another two years before they have to provide any lists. So neither playing is going anywhere unless they want to leave. Russell is loved by the old school types who coddle him while Lucic is Lucic. I doubt either agree to leave unless pushed to.

But if they did say, "Yes let's goto Montreal" I could see Bergevin's final plan getting the roster to include a defence of Weber/Russell/Alzner/Benn and a top six including Lucic, Shaw, and Callahan. Then he could act dumbfounded when they don't make the playoffs after having so much attitude and character.

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thats not what Friedmann and McKenzie are saying.

Hes going to be the cap dump to fit in the McDavid/draisatl etc... contracts.

No one will take lucic or russell.

They dont want to trade RNH.

They are going to need to make cap room somehow and theyve decided hes the guy.

If Friedman and McKenzie are right then 2 second round picks plus a little makes sense and may do it if they don't want to add any salary. This would be a very good addition for us.   

I wouldn't touch anyone with a NMC unless they were going to be a vital part of the organization moving forward or their contract expired after this upcoming season.  There is another expansion draft coming and those players will need to be protected (unless they waive they're NMC, which is unlikely).  Otherwise, I would be all for acquire cap dumps with NMCs for additional assets. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, John B said:

I wouldn't touch anyone with a NMC unless they were going to be a vital part of the organization moving forward or their contract expired after this upcoming season.  There is another expansion draft coming and those players will need to be protected (unless they waive they're NMC, which is unlikely).  Otherwise, I would be all for acquire cap dumps with NMCs for additional assets. 

Not sure I would worry about NMCs, because of some future possibility of expansion.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

Not sure I would worry about NMCs, because of some future possibility of expansion.

Its not a possibility.  Its a matter of when... not if.

Seattle.is happening.  Either 2019 2020 or 2021

2 hours ago, DON said:

That’s a great point, something worth keeps my in mind. Klefbom wouldn’t be that though! 

The Oilers are a logical trading partner with the Habs, just a matter of what kind of deal they can hammer out. Perhaps something like 

To Edm: Pacioretty, the 3rd overall pick and a 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Nugent-Hopkins, Klefbom and the 10th pick

Karl Alzner has been in the 'popular buyouts' section of Capfriendly since the playoffs started. He basically only leaves the top spot when a team gets eliminated from the playoffs and all of the fans look into buying out whoever underperformed, then Alzner goes right back to the #1 spot.

For those wondering, it's not a feasible contract to remove. https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout_calculator/karl-alzner#results

4 hours ago, illWill said:

The Oilers are a logical trading partner with the Habs, just a matter of what kind of deal they can hammer out. Perhaps something like 

To Edm: Pacioretty, the 3rd overall pick and a 2nd round pick

To Montreal: Nugent-Hopkins, Klefbom and the 10th pick

Losing the 3rd overall could hurt in that trade. Not sure I'd do that.

I dont see the oilers moving rnh withthe way he played after moving to.mcdavids wing.

Even if they do it, They certainly arent moving him for.a one year rental on a winger to play the same position

Who else would make good trading partner? Bunch of western teams like; San Jose, St Louis, Nashville, LA, Minnesota all likely looking to change things up.

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont see the oilers moving rnh withthe way he played after moving to.mcdavids wing.

Even if they do it, They certainly arent moving him for.a one year rental on a winger to play the same position

They can resign Pacioretty for a tad bit more than the Nuge is getting paid, and Zadina would likely be a cheap and productive option for a few years. They would be shedding salary and increasing offensive output. 

Pacioretty - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Lucic - Draisatl - Zadina

Montreal fills some holes in the lineup, can also draft a great prospect at the #10 spot, and can still go shopping for free agents on July 1st 

Galchenyuk - Nuge - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Drouin - Scherbak

Klefbom - Weber