Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

18 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Well if we're bring back ex habs how about Tatar/kulak and a 2nd to Nj for Subban 🤔

Only if we reunite him with Markov 

11 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Brendan Gallagher says NO!!

We haven't traded that midget punk yet. C'mon MB, picks and prospects for that ageing asset at his peak just short of another catastrophic injury :nuts:

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Think we can get Kovalev back for Gallagher 🤔

With the new de-ageing tech in movies, we can bring back almost anyone..... on TV

On 1/25/2020 at 3:37 PM, Habsfan89 said:

Well if we're bring back ex habs how about Tatar/kulak and a 2nd to Nj for Subban 🤔

So we're overpaying? Some would argue Tatar is worth more these days straight up

57 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

So we're overpaying? Some would argue Tatar is worth more these days straight up

Some would definitely argue that especially when you take into account the difference in their contracts. Subban is definitely not a $9 million/year player right now.  Tatar is far better value. 

Ok, I posted on trading Petry, I appreciated the feedback on why Petry should be kept because he will be hard to replace. 

So, lets try with a guy who is on an expiring contract and will be RFA, to see if we can get a 1st round pick in 2020:

From Montreal, Domi to:

1) Las Vegas for 1st 2020, Cody Eakin (Contract), Peyton Krebs (like Commandant suggested): They get  better goal production at 3C for this year's run

2) Edmonton for 1st 2020, Sam Gagner (Contract), Philip Broberg: They get cap relief and better goal production and a possible 3C or top-6 winger 

3) Calgary for 1st 2020, 2nd 2020, Derek Ryan (Contract) and Arton Zagidulin: They get a bigger 2C with more production this year with one less year of contract. We get a potential backup goalie and two interesting draft picks

Why are we trading a 24 year old.

He might have an expiring contract but its RFA not UFA.

You dont move players who are just entering their prime... hoping to get a Krebs who might be as good as domi is now, three years from now.  And thats a might... not a guarantee with prospects.

Moving some (not all) of the older players is what the team should do if they decide to sell (Tatar, Petry, kovalchuk, thompson, etc... )

Need higher talent on this team. Getting additional 1st and 2nd draft picks in 2020 will help

I would move Domi before Petry at this point because of the Habs depth at forward As it was well explained to me

As noted on another post, 

Domi is the most talented CENTER they have, the genius's moving him to wing has turned him invisible, having revolving garbage wingers and expecting everyone on the team to be a emotionless grinder is the issue, 

Play him with Drouin and Gallagher and see what happens 

Domi Suzuki Danault KK in that order should be the centers, 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ok, I posted on trading Petry, I appreciated the feedback on why Petry should be kept because he will be hard to replace. 

So, lets try with a guy who is on an expiring contract and will be RFA, to see if we can get a 1st round pick in 2020:

From Montreal, Domi to:

1) Las Vegas for 1st 2020, Cody Eakin (Contract), Peyton Krebs (like Commandant suggested): They get  better goal production at 3C for this year's run

2) Edmonton for 1st 2020, Sam Gagner (Contract), Philip Broberg: They get cap relief and better goal production and a possible 3C or top-6 winger 

3) Calgary for 1st 2020, 2nd 2020, Derek Ryan (Contract) and Arton Zagidulin: They get a bigger 2C with more production this year with one less year of contract. We get a potential backup goalie and two interesting draft picks

Edmonton needs wingers and help at D and G more than centre.  Also not sure why they’d move that much even if we did take on bad contracts.  

i still think the biggest return we can get is from trading Price or Weber. Any trade before the deadline would mean we would have to take on bad contracts to make the math work.  I could see Holland interested in Price or Weber, but Price would mean we almost certainly have to take their goalie back and I want no part of that.  Moving Weber with a couple of wingers could net us a 1st, 
Broberg and Larsson or Nurse, depending on the bad contracts we are willing to take on.

I don’t want to trade youth unless we are getting a proven or can’t miss player that is clearly better than what we are giving up.  At this stage I think the guys we should be looking at moving at the deadline or draft are Price, Weber, Tatar, Petry and Kovalchuk.  I’d even move Gallagher if someone was really willing to overpay for him. But we do need a rebuild. We do need to keep some veteran leadership, but we have to target to have our cap used for the guys that will actually producing like front line players in 3 years. I am friggin tired of our perpetual mediocre bubble status and this “reset” is not working.  We are just going to watch Price, Weber and Petry get older and depreciate.

with respect to price and the number of UFA’s available, none of them have Price’s aura and while Crawford and holtby have won cups, Crawford has health issues and holtby has looked worse than price on a stacked Washington team.

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Need higher talent on this team. Getting additional 1st and 2nd draft picks in 2020 will help

I would move Domi before Petry at this point because of the Habs depth at forward As it was well explained to me

We need more talent.... so we trade one of our talented young players... for a late first round and late 2nd round pick that has like a 10% (combining both together) of becoming capable of scoring 70 points in a season at any time in their career... something domi has already done. 

It reminds me of this. 

We have the boat... lets trade it for the mystery box, which could be anything, and in the best case scenario its a boat. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

You want higher younger talent.......... Become a lottery pick team for the next 3 years. Picking in the top 10 gets you better players then picking 15 and up, unless its a deep draft or a player falls out of top ten.

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We need more talent.... so we trade one of our talented young players... for a late first round and late 2nd round pick that has like a 10% (combining both together) of becoming capable of scoring 70 points in a season at any time in their career... something domi has already done. 

It reminds me of this. 

We have the boat... lets trade it for the mystery box, which could be anything, and in the best case scenario its a boat. 

He is not hitting 70 points this season. He is back to the player he was in ARZ.

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

You want higher younger talent.......... Become a lottery pick team for the next 3 years. Picking in the top 10 gets you better players then picking 15 and up, unless its a deep draft or a player falls out of top ten.

Trade non-core high valued assets like Tatar (my fall posts), Petry or Domi (my winter posts) would yield extra picks in the top 50 this year.

That should give the CH a bump in high-end talent

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Trade non-core high valued assets like Tatar (my fall posts), Petry or Domi (my winter posts) would yield extra picks in the top 50 this year.

That should give the CH a bump in high-end talent

No it won't. Type of team's that would want Petry and Tatar would be playoff teams. Which means their 1st round pick would be of lower vaule since you're looking at anywhere from 20-32. You're not going to find much vaule picking in those spot's.

Vaule in picks come from 1-15, depends on how deep draft is, or if a player falls out of top 10.

22 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

No it won't. Type of team's that would want Petry and Tatar would be playoff teams. Which means their 1st round pick would be of lower vaule since you're looking at anywhere from 20-32. You're not going to find much vaule picking in those spot's.

Vaule in picks come from 1-15, depends on how deep draft is, or if a player falls out of top 10.

So the CH is dammed if it stays path and dammed if it trades to teams that would be trade partners.

None of the basement dwellers would want to trade their picks for our older trade chips 

It sucks to be the « 1990s leafs »