Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

You want higher younger talent.......... Become a lottery pick team for the next 3 years. Picking in the top 10 gets you better players then picking 15 and up, unless its a deep draft or a player falls out of top ten.

Did fine at 15 last year.

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He is not hitting 70 points this season. He is back to the player he was in ARZ.

He is on pace for 56pts, so not chopped liver.

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

So the CH is dammed if it stays path and dammed if it trades to teams that would be trade partners.

None of the basement dwellers would want to trade their picks for our older trade chips 

It sucks to be the « 1990s leafs » 

No they're not. We got a good team they just need some key players. What needs to happen is Bergevin needs to determine what we are and what path to continue on.

Path 1) if he thinks this is a playoff team, then the reset should be over, and  he should be adding talent to it to help win now and be a contender.

Path 2) if he still wants to go young and not worried about the playoffs. Then say its a rebuild and trade guys like price, weber, Tatar, petry. Become a lottery pick team and go young.

We can't stay the path of a bubble team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DON said:

He is on pace for 56pts, so not chopped liver.

56 is not the new 70

I saw, let’s get rid of the bum; give Suzuki the 2C and decent wingers

Sell for picks and prospects like we did for Patches: Mete. Domi. Petry

1 hour ago, DON said:

Did fine at 15 last year.

Yeah why ..... Because teams stayed away from Caufield's  size and he slide out of top 10.

if you actually look at our picks  after 15 from Montreal only 2 have made an impact in the NHL Pacioretty and Mcdonagh. Its still hard to say what Poehling is going to be.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

One question.  How good is Lafrenière ?

Ok, two questions.  Is he  1st pick swap + Primeau + Poehling/Caufield  good ?

I think that's over payment.

It looks like Detroit might get the first pick but with the draft lottery you just never know anyone  of the bottom 3 team's  could get it.  With that being said you can't offer a trade unless you know what team it is and if we have what they need.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think that's over payment.

It looks like Detroit might get the first pick but with the draft lottery you just never know anyone  of the bottom 3 team's  could get it.  With that being said you can't offer a trade unless you know what team it is and if we have what they need.

Of course,  this trade scenario is happening after the lotery is done.

1st pick swap  +  2 players among  Fleury - Caufield - Poehling - Primeau.

Is it too much  for a guy like Lafrenière ?   I know he's no Crosby/McDavid,  but the medias will shut the fawk up for a while.

33 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Is it too much  for a guy like Lafrenière ?   I know he's no Crosby/McDavid,  but the medias will shut the fawk up for a while.

The media won't shut up until there's a wining team on the ice. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I’d do that for fleury and primeau as the two players.  No way yzerman ever goes for that.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

One question.  How good is Lafrenière ?

Ok, two questions.  Is he  1st pick swap + Primeau + Poehling/Caufield  good ?

No thanks, because Habs will likely have a top ten pick anyways. And wouldnt trade more youth to move up.

Also Bergevin seems to like trading down for more picks, not other way around at draft.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

post had nothing to do with who is GM or coach

Yes it does, you asked who cares about the media and why its a factor.   The media is a factor in who becomes GM and coach. Thats why the GM and coach in Montreal has to be French, its because of the media.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He is not hitting 70 points this season. He is back to the player he was in ARZ.

The fact hes done it once... shows he is a better bet to do it again than any draft pick in the 20s at the bottom of the forst round.  Especially since hes 24 and entering his prime.

If you Are going to trade guys like Domi, Tatar, Petry.... I wouldn't ask for 1st round picks this year , but I would ask for 1st round picks next year. You never know what is going to happen in a season, look at Ottawa for an example. They could get 2 top 10 picks because they got the sharks 1st pick this year. It doesn't always workout that way but you just never know with this game.

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

If you Are going to trade guys like Domi, Tatar, Petry.... I wouldn't ask for 1st round picks this year , but I would ask for 1st round picks next year. You never know what is going to happen in a season, look at Ottawa for an example. They could get 2 top 10 picks because they got the sharks 1st pick this year. It doesn't always workout that way but you just never know with this game.

I don't disagree with your point but Domi's age is a big consideration here. The return would have to really good to trade him, certainly would not trade him for a pick in the last half of the first round. With Domi you have a pretty good idea of what you have, a guy who will play with a lot of passion and likely score 60-70 points consistently. Tatar is also valuable and still relatively young while Petry at 32 has more good years behind him than ahead of him. 

50 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't disagree with your point but Domi's age is a big consideration here. The return would have to really good to trade him, certainly would not trade him for a pick in the last half of the first round. With Domi you have a pretty good idea of what you have, a guy who will play with a lot of passion and likely score 60-70 points consistently. Tatar is also valuable and still relatively young while Petry at 32 has more good years behind him than ahead of him. 

Oh I agree,

I am not looking to trade those guys if I am planning on this team next year to challenge for a playoff spot next year.

With Domi I guess you would have to ask....1) which center's are we going to keep moving forward. 2) which  center is going to give you the highest return in a trade.

Danault 

Domi 

Kotkaniemi 

Suzuki 

Poehling 

Out of those who's the guy you're willing to trade that would give you a great return to fill a need. The need a puck moving defensemen on the left or right side if we trade petry.

So package a-- Domi+Byron 

Or package b-- poehling +Byron 

I don't think the other guys are going anywhere, so I think its going to be between domi and poehling. If domi is going to want too much money he could be the one traded.

Yes ... we do appear to have a spare C, unless we play Suzuki on the wing (which he admittedly does rather well, too). And I do agree with your assessment that if we were to trade one of them, it would be either Domi or Poehling. I do expect that Domi would fetch a higher price as he is proven and can bring a more immediate benefit.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Yes ... we do appear to have a spare C, unless we play Suzuki on the wing (which he admittedly does rather well, too). And I do agree with your assessment that if we were to trade one of them, it would be either Domi or Poehling. I do expect that Domi would fetch a higher price as he is proven and can bring a more immediate benefit.

"We have Justin Pogge and Tuukka Rask, so we can afford to trade one of our goalies" - John Ferguson Jr in 2006. 

Poehling has 1 point in 24 games this year.  He's young and might become a nice 3rd line centre... but using him as an excuse to trade Domi seems misguided to me.   Again, I hope he becomes a nice third liner.  He might also become Kyle Chipchura or Nate Thompson, we don't know yet.  

Domi is the one centre on the time who has actually put up a 70 point season.  The fact that he is proven is why you keep him, unless that immediate benefit is another young proven player (not a draft pick or prospect). 

Is it obvious?

Domi has been ineffective and struggled at both C and W for stretches this season. His numbers this season have leveled off from the spike last season. Sure weve had injuries and lost his wingers to injury for a huge stretch but his struggle at C is the exact reason he was moved back to wing. His Shot attempts down,  sh% down which was always going to be the case and he cant win faceiffs regularly. 

Meanwhile as each game passes it becomes more clear that Suzuki is going to be fantastic in the very near future. He was arguably our best player vs Washington, he is trusted completely by the coaching staff and wins faceoffs regularly.

To me, it's clear that Domi will almost undoubtedly be a winger down the stretch as well as next season. NICK Suzuki is too good  to ignore down the middle and the Habs have committed to the development of KK at C.

Seems my dream/ hope after no major signing  in the off season (Panarin or Karlsson only) that one of the kids (Poehling/Suzuki) would take the reins as a top 6 C and push Domi back to W. This has slowly come to fruition sooner then we thought. Has Suzuki merited this spot in the top 6 down the middle or has injuries forced the Habs hand?

Well, it was only 1 game but #14 didnt look out of place at all against the top team in the NhL..

8 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Is it obvious?

Domi has been ineffective and struggled at both C and W for stretches this season. His numbers this season have leveled off from the spike last season. Sure weve had injuries and lost his wingers to injury for a huge stretch but his struggle at C is the exact reason he was moved back to wing. His Shot attempts down,  sh% down which was always going to be the case and he cant win faceiffs regularly. 

Meanwhile as each game passes it becomes more clear that Suzuki is going to be fantastic in the very near future. He was arguably our best player vs Washington, he is trusted completely by the coaching staff and wins faceoffs regularly.

To me, it's clear that Domi will almost undoubtedly be a winger down the stretch as well as next season. NICK Suzuki is too good  to ignore down the middle and the Habs have committed to the development of KK at C.

Seems my dream/ hope after no major signing  in the off season (Panarin or Karlsson only) that one of the kids (Poehling/Suzuki) would take the reins as a top 6 C and push Domi back to W. This has slowly come to fruition sooner then we thought. Has Suzuki merited this spot in the top 6 down the middle or has injuries forced the Habs hand?

Well, it was only 1 game but #14 didnt look out of place at all against the top team in the NhL..

If this season has proven anything, having 4 players, all capable of being in the top 3 centre spots on the team.... is not a bad thing, cause you never know when players are going to get hurt.  You need to play 9 forwards on those top 3 lines... if one plays wing and goes to centre if there are injuries, thats not the worst thing in the world. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

If this season has proven anything, having 4 players, all capable of being in the top 3 centre spots on the team.... is not a bad thing, cause you never know when players are going to get hurt.  You need to play 9 forwards on those top 3 lines... if one plays wing and goes to centre if there are injuries, thats not the worst thing in the world. 

I don't know where the notion come from, that you can only have a certain amount of centers. In a perfect world, all players would be interchangeable , including defensemen. History would tell you, that on the forward lines, centers are the most sought after. The reason is that most coaches play their best players at center, no matter what league you are playing in. I am suggesting that you could have a team of thirteen centers. You could also have a team  where you move defensemen up to forward when needed and/or vice versa. My point is that having extra centers is an asset and not a disease you must cure.

• Upvote 1