Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

What's best in this coming draft?

A late 3rd pick + Chicago's 2nd pick

or

A late 1st pick

In general, I'd rather have more picks, especially since the difference between a late first and Chicago's 2nd isn't going to be that many picks... maybe 15-20 tops.

For the Habs, I might take the higher pick, knowing how many prospects we already have and might not be able to sign due to the 50 contract limit, plus the fact we have 11 picks in this draft already. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather have the more picks, especially since the difference between a late first and Chicago's 2nd isn't going to be that many picks... maybe 15 tops.

I was looking at a possibility of  packaging Kovalchuk with a pick of our own  to get an extra 1st pick somehow.

37 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I was looking at a possibility of  packaging Kovalchuk with a pick of our own  to get an extra 1st pick somehow.

If we can keep kovalchuk I would look at packaging Byron with a 2nd and see what that could get you. If that could get you a upgrade on D I would do it or even a 1st round pick I would do it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd still rather have Kovalchuk next season. 

Yeah, but if he's not signed at trade deadline, would you risk losing an asset ?  Cuz  this is what GMs do.  They manage assets.  And taking unworthy risks and ending up losing assets is not the good way to do their job.

55 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Yeah, but if he's not signed at trade deadline, would you risk losing an asset ?  Cuz  this is what GMs do.  They manage assets.  And taking unworthy risks and ending up losing assets is not the good way to do their job.

If he's unwilling to sign, then yes, move him.  

Again I'd want a prospect more than a draft pick though. 

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If he's unwilling to sign, then yes, move him.  

Again I'd want a prospect more than a draft pick though. 

Unless he sufferred a major injury that I'm not aware of,  I would definitely make  a STRONG proposal for Evan Bouchard. 

Just now, JoeLassister said:

I would definitely make  a STRONG proposal for Evan Bouchard. 

Why would Oilers move their top 2018 pick who is doing fine as a rookie d-man in AHL?

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Why would Oilers move their top 2018 pick who is doing fine as a rookie d-man in AHL?

For Kovalchuk + Mete + a 1st pick swap.
I doubt that that they want to go to war with Chiasson on their top line.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
2min
Seems like Sami Vatanen is heading to the Montreal Canadiens. Word out of MTL is Domi and a prospect.

Is this real? 

If Vatanen is a pure rental, that seems like an unimaginably terrible deal. Hard to believe that Bergevin would do that.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
2min
Seems like Sami Vatanen is heading to the Montreal Canadiens. Word out of MTL is Domi and a prospect.

Is this real? 

I'd like to have an argument please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

This is just me and I'm only speculating here - but does anyone else get the feeling that Domi's teammates aren't all that particularly fond of him? I like Domi, nice player, but I'm just getting this feeling that there is something divisive in the dressing room and Domi could be at the root of it. I could be way off though... it's happened before.

5 minutes ago, Canajun said:

This is just me and I'm only speculating here - but does anyone else get the feeling that Domi's teammates aren't all that particularly fond of him? I like Domi, nice player, but I'm just getting this feeling that there is something divisive in the dressing room and Domi could be at the root of it. I could be way off though... it's happened before.

Domi was fine here last year, whys this year different. If Bergevin is willing to trade domi its because he's agent is asking for too much money.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Unless he sufferred a major injury that I'm not aware of,  I would definitely make  a STRONG proposal for Evan Bouchard. 

I don't think Kovalchuk is getting a prospect like that. 

I'd be more of a Tatar move. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
2min

Is this real? 

FAKE

No such tweet is found on his account. 

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

also Sami Vatanen is injured and has been placed on Devils IR. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Canajun said:

I love Domi as a player and he seems like a great guy, but the thing I have noticed over the last month or two is that when he is on the bench he separates himself from his teammates. I am unsure if he always did that or not, but it is noticeable now. Usually when a player does that they are frustrated either with their team or themselves. 

28 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

So if they offered you their 1st plus one of there other 1st round picks plus a goaltender you wouldn't do it? 

No ... I started posting something, I realized it made no sense so I deleted it. And messed up so deleted again.

As for the trade proposal, that would definitely constitute blowing up the team. Assuming they were interested, they would surely offer Domingue, who has only one year left on his contract. Blackwood is on an ELC and looks to be their long-term goalie future. But given how well Blackwood has been playing (and in 40 games this year), would Price make any sense for them?

With Markstrom, Holtby, Lehner, Crawford, Greiss, and Francouz all being UFAs... and Price's contract combined with a poor first half of the season for him (though hes been great lately)... i dont see a team offering a lot for him.

4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question NJ now has 3 1st round picks at This year's draft. If they offered Montreal 2 of those 1st round picks plus one of there goaltenders for Price would you do it? 🤔

Maybe Im giving up on him to fast but if someone just offered to take his contract from us id be happy.

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

With Markstrom, Holtby, Lehner, Crawford, Greiss, and Francouz all being UFAs... and Price's contract combined with a poor first half of the season for him (though hes been great lately)... i dont see a team offering a lot for him.

agree, I cant see how any team would move on him unless its a cap dump. Yes, he's been very good for us since the turn of the year. Similar, to last year where he was horrible and then turned it on at the end of December. His full body of work over the last 3/4 years  however screams underachiever and he's making about 5 million to much given his current 3/4 year form.