Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Gallagher is also buddies with that POS Lucic.

Let's sign that overpriced, egotistical, RD to fix the Habs LD problems, then.

It seems like that leprechaun bum, #11, has it all wrong

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's sign that overpriced, egotistical, RD to fix the Habs LD problems, then.

It seems like that leprechaun bum, #11, has it all wrong

Not saying to resign #76. Just saying that going by what #11 said about Subban as gospel is dumb. Especially when he was buddies with a POS like Lucic and was trying to convince Lucic to sign with us (and he almost was successful - that contract would have been worse than the subban contract).  When teams suck, there are more issues - and the team sucked big time than. 

Subban went in to being a norris finalist and went to the cup finals. What have the habs done since than?

If Gallagher personally dislikes Subban, and vice-versa, well - what does that prove? Price was buddies with Subban, so does it follow that PK is a great guy?

Who gives a f*ck, as long as the guy delivers on the ice.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There is some nostalgia and fan-love in wanting PK back

Like we wanted Markov and how we got Pleks

but I doubt PK can deliver in Montreal 

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If Gallagher personally dislikes Subban, and vice-versa, well - what does that prove? Price was buddies with Subban, so does it follow that PK is a great guy?

Exactly

That said, RD is not the area of need. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Except that I’ve long suspected that those accusations are nothing more than a pile of bull crap. 

LaFleur, Nilan and others all said same thing; Hal Gill coming down on Subban antics, at practice who was "on their own program" and who was in every fight..., Subban vs Plekanec and Subban vs Desharnais...etc

Has there even been one personality issue since he left?

As the former (?) president of the Subban fanclub, your opinion may be a bit biased. :nuts:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DON said:

LaFleur, Nilan and others all said same thing; Hal Gill coming down on Subban antics, at practice who was "on their own program" and who was in every fight..., Subban vs Plekanec and Subban vs Desharnais...etc

Has there even been one personality issue since he left?

As the former (?) president of the Subban fanclub, your opinion may be a bit biased. :nuts:

I completely agree ... but long ago stopped (or desperately try to avoid) re-beating a very dead horse

Just now, GHT120 said:

I completely agree ... but long ago stopped (or desperately try to avoid) re-beating a very dead horse

I know, i am done, I couldnt help myself and just had to chime in.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

It just won't happen anyway. Who is going to pay his 9M salary next year?  Not us and I don't see New Jersey paying a chunk. They have a lot of free agents to sign this summer.

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Not a proposal per se but if MB does have a trade brewing he should pull the trigger now. 

We are sitting for almost a week and that would burn half of quarantine 

Was just about to post the exact same thing ... and if the idea is just simmering in his cerebral cortex time to pick up the phone and barter hard.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Not a proposal per se but if MB does have a trade brewing he should pull the trigger now. 

If you trade (even with a USA team), wouldn’t other teams be more reluctant because of isolation requirements for habs players?

16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If you trade (even with a USA team), wouldn’t other teams be more reluctant because of isolation requirements for habs players?

Not certain sellers will care if they get the player(s) right away or not, they've decided the playoffs are no longer a realistic goal anyway

I would look at deals around Chiarot plus picks/prospects ... he is already out so minimal impact on game roster ...

45 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It's certainly a fair question.  The fact that there were no new additions to the CPRA list is encouraging but it wouldn't surprise me if a team wanted to wait a few days to ensure whichever player going the other way is still testing negative.  If the Habs were adding a depth guy though without sending a player back, there is a good case to do it now unless cap concerns get in the way.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Who is going to trade for a player on a team with a Covid breakout (and yes we will need to move a roster player to make any move work cap wise).

52 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's certainly a fair question.  The fact that there were no new additions to the CPRA list is encouraging but it wouldn't surprise me if a team wanted to wait a few days to ensure whichever player going the other way is still testing negative.  If the Habs were adding a depth guy though without sending a player back, there is a good case to do it now unless cap concerns get in the way.

If the Habs are adding a quality player to upgrade the team would that player not almost certainly be coming  from a "seller" that has already decided they are out of the playoff hunt ... the deal would most likely be picks/prospects for the upgrade, with a roster player(s) included from the Habs almost solely for cap purposes ... if the seller is not fighting for the playoffs, sticking an AHL/taxi-squad player in the lineup to fill-in for the quarantined roster player would not likely be an issue ... the only challenge would seem to be if the seller didn't have cap space for the fill-in player 

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Who is going to trade for a player on a team with a Covid breakout (and yes we will need to move a roster player to make any move work cap wise).

Maybe our cap dump tested negative and they would be in 14 day quarantine too. 

It’s a consideration but it shouldn’t be something that kills a deal  unless the desired player going the other way is positive and not doing well. 

That's also known as the common sense inferencing that we were already discussing in this thread.  Unless Dale Weise (who is involved with the podcast associated with that account) knows something that a player told him about a possible trade, there isn't anything to that 'report'.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That's also known as the common sense inferencing that we were already discussing in this thread.  Unless Dale Weise (who is involved with the podcast associated with that account) knows something that a player told him about a possible trade, there isn't anything to that 'report'.

Bergevin speaking to the media tomorrow at 11 - obviously to announce a trade. 

Real guess is a Covid/Schedule update

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Maybe he got a haircut and just wants to show it off ... in a tight, short-sleeved t-shirt of course.

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I wonder if Calgary losing 2 in a row to Ottawa has lessened MB's urgency to make a trade. Those are 2 huge losses for Calgary.  They were the only team I was worried about below the Habs that I thought had a chance to catch them. Looks like the Daryl Sutter effect has worn out quickly. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I wonder if Calgary losing 2 in a row to Ottawa has lessened MB's urgency to make a trade. Those are 2 huge losses for Calgary.  They were the only team I was worried about below the Habs that I thought had a chance to catch them. Looks like the Daryl Sutter effect has worn out quickly. 

I hope not, because the goal should be more than squeaking into the playoffs 

12 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

10 hours ago, PMAC said:

I hope not, because the goal should be more than squeaking into the playoffs 

Exactly ... but "make the playoffs and see" has for too long been the Marc Mantra