Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Im not saying it's going to happen, 

I said Oilers are a good choice

Oilers need to win now, Price regardless of what most people think on this board think is still a difference maker especially in the playoffs and a team that can score more than once a game. 

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think if you look at blowing it up and trading Price no better time then now to unload him to Vancouver. He would wave his NTC to go play at home plus Vancouver has no goaltending.

To Vancouver 

Price  Montreal eats 2mil of his contract 

To habs 

2 first round picks And we take on the contracts of Holtby and Eriksson 

Interesting, that actually makes sense to me. I didn't do the math, do the contracts even up somewhat? 

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think if you look at blowing it up and trading Price no better time then now to unload him to Vancouver. He would wave his NTC to go play at home plus Vancouver has no goaltending.

To Vancouver 

Price  Montreal eats 2mil of his contract 

To habs 

2 first round picks And we take on the contracts of Holtby and Eriksson 

The Canucks  are quite happy with Thatcher Demko.  I don't see that happening. 

13 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Interesting, that actually makes sense to me. I didn't do the math, do the contracts even up somewhat? 

Yes they do, but we get the extra 1st round pick for taking on 2mil of his contract . Otherwise we take on ferland contract too and only eat 1mil of price's contract.  

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Just reading the Edmonton papers today and there is obviously some heat on Holland to improve the team and he identified secondary scoring as something that needs to improve, no surprise there. He was asked if their prospects (Holloway, Bouchard, Broberg) were untouchable, he said no but he wouldn't trade them for a 1 year rental.

I think there might be a fit here. As much as I like Toffoli, if he could bring back a Broberg then I would do that in a heartbeat. Broberg is a fantastic skater, good size, potential stud on defense. How many goals would Toffoli score playing with a McDavid or Draisaitl? 

I’d rather dangle Price or  Gallagher.

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Price can be his mentor could workout nicely for them having Price/Demko 

Okay, that works for next season but what about the other four years on Demko's deal?  They didn't give him a 5-year, $25M contract to have him be a platoon goalie for the duration of the deal.

34 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d rather dangle Price or  Gallagher.

Gallagher more expensive and has more of an injury history ... don't think he would bring as much of a return.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Gallagher more expensive and has more of an injury history ... don't think he would bring as much of a return.

Gallagher to a playoff team would bring a lot in trade vaule. The problem is Gallagher is a roll player not a key guy to count on goals. On a deeper team Gallagher would pay off. 

That's the problem here in Montreal we got no guys that can impact a game, just a bunch of roll playing guys being asked to play above what they are capable of. 

Weber and Price are no longer impact players. 

34 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Gallagher to a playoff team would bring a lot in trade vaule. The problem is Gallagher is a roll player not a key guy to count on goals. On a deeper team Gallagher would pay off. 

That's the problem here in Montreal we got no guys that can impact a game, just a bunch of roll playing guys being asked to play above what they are capable of. 

Weber and Price are no longer impact players. 

I think many would say that Price is still an impact player. I still think he has 4-5 good years left, Weber not nearly as many. 

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think many would say that Price is still an impact player. I still think he has 4-5 good years left, Weber not nearly as many. 

Price yes  if you manage his playing time. He no longer is a 60+ game type of player. The last 2 season's has shown that. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Price yes  if you manage his playing time. He no longer is a 60+ game type of player. The last 2 season's has shown that. 

Price is showing, and showed last fall, that he can lift his game in the playoffs ... but in the last 4 regular seasons he has been middle tier (10th-20th) in Sv% once and well below average the other three ... a high-end backup is a necessity for the Habs to make the playoffs to give Price the opportunity to raise his game in the post-season.

43 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Price is showing, and showed last fall, that he can lift his game in the playoffs ... but in the last 4 regular seasons he has been middle tier (10th-20th) in Sv% once and well below average the other three ... a high-end backup is a necessity for the Habs to make the playoffs to give Price the opportunity to raise his game in the post-season.

Agree...we really need to keep Allen

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree...we really need to keep Allen

Allen is likely gone to seattle imo.

We should start looking at the ufa goalie list for a good backup.

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Allen is likely gone to seattle imo.

We should start looking at the ufa goalie list for a good backup.

And to be fair, it doesn’t have to be Allen per se. But it does have to be a #1A guy, not some 20 games per year backup.

So Seth Jones said he won’t resign this summer with Columbus (hasn’t totally ruled out resign long later - but looks doubtful). 
What would it take to get him??     Is it possible if Caufield, Suzuki, and KK are kept off the table??? Anderson would naturally not be an option (since they traded him).

I would pretty much be willing to trade anyone else we have for him, and we also have a lot of picks and potentially some other prospects that can be packaged with players.  

27 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So Seth Jones said he won’t resign this summer with Columbus (hasn’t totally ruled out resign long later - but looks doubtful). 
What would it take to get him??     Is it possible if Caufield, Suzuki, and KK are kept off the table??? Anderson would naturally not be an option (since they traded him).

I would pretty much be willing to trade anyone else we have for him, and we also have a lot of picks and potentially some other prospects that can be packaged with players.  

Jones won't be cheap nor should he be as he is a very valuable defenceman.  I worry it would cost the Habs too much as Columbus would target the Habs young talent (ie. Suzuki, Caulfield, KK or a combo of one of those and others). I would rather they target the Oilers young prospects (ie. Broberg, Bouchard) who need secondary scoring and may covet a Toffoli or Anderson. 

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

IMO it would have to be "below full market value" or an extension agreed to in advance ... maybe a conditional deal based on him re-signing before 2022 free agency (if that is allowed) ... PLUS ... Jones really only fits if they move Petry or Weber (IMO preferably Weber) either as part of the deal or in another move)

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Jones won't be cheap nor should he be as he is a very valuable defenceman.  I worry it would cost the Habs too much as Columbus would target the Habs young talent (ie. Suzuki, Caulfield, KK or a combo of one of those and others). I would rather they target the Oilers young prospects (ie. Broberg, Bouchard) who need secondary scoring and may covet a Toffoli or Anderson. 

The preferred approach largely depends on whether the GM (whoever they are) is looking at building the team for next season (21-22) or for 23-24/23-24 (giving Broberg/Bouchard 2-3 full seasons of development) ... if they invest to get Jones at least it will be for his 27 yr-old season ... lots of goods years left

34 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The preferred approach largely depends on whether the GM (whoever they are) is looking at building the team for next season (21-22) or for 23-24/23-24 (giving Broberg/Bouchard 2-3 full seasons of development) ... if they invest to get Jones at least it will be for his 27 yr-old season ... lots of goods years left

True, I am thinking a bit longer term than next year.  Bouchard spent the entire year in the AHL last year so he is not that far away however my preference is Broberg as his skating is exceptional. 

49 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I DO NOT WANT SETH JONES

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he is going to get massively overpaid. 

Somehow people think this is a top 5 defenceman in the league and I wouldn't put him in my top 30.  His analytics are a disaster. 

Zach Werenski on the other hand, thats a guy I really want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

... Zach Werenski on the other hand, thats a guy I really want.

Certainly an interesting idea ... but he has missed almost 30% of the season the last two years (24 games per 82)  ... career 16g, 30 assists per 82 games ... Petry-ish numbers, but 9 years younger ... and fits without having to move Weber or Petry ... of course there would have to be a thorough review of his medical history and current physical health

On 5/27/2021 at 2:35 PM, Habsfan89 said:

Price can be his mentor could workout nicely for them having Price/Demko 

I think they would lose Demko to Seattle in the Expansion Draft if this trade were to happen prior to that draft

What would it take to get seth jones in a trade? Thinking Petry would have to be part of it or Romanov.

Also would you take a chance on Laine? Especially after his comments? 

How does this sound

To Columbus 

Petry + Kotkaniemi + rights to Tatar 

To habs

Jones + rights to Laine