Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Offer sheets are signed AFTER the NHL Draft... so the first round pick you lose is the 2022 first rounder.

With Weber going on LTIR and Price maybe not back, and the tougher division and all the chaos on Danault, Tatar, Drouin, etc...

I'm not messing with my first rounder in 2022.  You could be giving a darn good pick, just to overpay Cal Foote who may or may not be a top 4 Defenceman, we really don't know.

Just now, Commandant said:

Offer sheets are signed AFTER the NHL Draft... so the first round pick you lose is the 2022 first rounder.

With Weber going on LTIR and Price maybe not back, and the tougher division and all the chaos on Danault, Tatar, Drouin, etc...

I'm not messing with my first rounder in 2022.  You could be giving a darn good pick, just to overpay Cal Foote who may or may not be a top 4 Defenceman, we really don't know.

I know that it is a 2022 1st round pick.

I would gamble and plug the hole on RD with Brook, Foote and Fleury. increases the chances to 66% that we may have NHL-level RD prospects.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Agreed. If we are going for it still, I would offer sheet a player of Makar’s calibre. If you are going to go that route, 1) you make sure it is truly an elite player who can be your best player

2) you are pretty confident that you can get the other pieces needed to be a contender next year

3) you can do 1 and 2 without putting yourself into a position where you don’t have money for Suzuki and Caufield when they are RFA’s.

No way do you risk losing -#1 picks for a Dustin penner type of pickup, that isn’t going to be a transformational player.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know that it is a 2022 1st round pick.

I would gamble and plug the hole on RD with Brook, Foote and Fleury. increases the chances to 66% that we may have NHL-level RD prospects.

And what if neither of them are ready to be the plug needed?  Our issue is throwing young players in before they have shown they are ready - because we have no one else.  That has got to stop.

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Our issue is throwing young players in before they have shown they are ready - because we have no one else.  

Who do you mean?

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Who do you mean?

Playing Mete because we didn’t have too many legit nhl calibare dmen. Even worse playing himmmuchnhigjer in the d pairing than he belonged. Playing KK as an 18 year old. 

11 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... front loaded, to make it hard for TBL to match this off-season ...

A RFA offer to Foote might be difficult for TBL to match for cap reasons, but being front-loaded would not likely matter ... TBL are in cap trouble, not cash trouble ... plus, I expect Romanov would ask for at least the same next summer when he is a RFA, despite his not being eligible for an offer sheet ... if the Habs lose Price to Seattle and decide to go rebuild, or deep re-set, that would have tons of cap space next season ... it might well be worth looking to help TBL with their cap problems and ask for Foote as (or as part of) the "payment" for doing so.

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

🤔

Wonder what the source to which he refers is ... a Petersson - Suzuki pairing as top 6 centres would be EXCELLENT ... and $10,276,829 million would be challenging for Vancouver to match ... but MB would also have to be cognizant of having  set the bar high for Suzuki's second contract, due next summer ... and despite their regular season production not being comparable it could make KK's contract this summer difficult.

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Playing Mete because we didn’t have too many legit nhl calibare dmen. Even worse playing himmmuchnhigjer in the d pairing than he belonged. Playing KK as an 18 year old. 

ok

5head maneuver: offer sheet Alex Barre-Boulet a 1 year, $1.3 million dollar contract. 0 draft pick compensation to Tampa, and still probably too rich for them even with Gourde's salary gone. He's either worth the money, or it's a 1 year experiment and you don't qualify him next off-season. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

5head maneuver: offer sheet Alex Barre-Boulet a 1 year, $1.3 million dollar contract. 0 draft pick compensation to Tampa, and still probably too rich for them even with Gourde's salary gone. He's either worth the money, or it's a 1 year experiment and you don't qualify him next off-season. 

$1.356540 million to be exact (that extra $56,540 just makes it ever so slightly more difficult for TBL) ... AB-B has certainly lite up the AHL (.48 gaols/game) ... not certain offer sheets have to be one-way contracts (expect they do) but even so all but about $230K could be buried ***if*** ever necessary ... might even be tempted to make it a two year offer if that increased the likelihood of his signing.

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I was thinking the same thing but for Mathieu Joseph.  Tampa's going to need their fourth liners at or near the league minimum and he may be vulnerable as well.

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I was thinking the same thing but for Mathieu Joseph.  Tampa's going to need their fourth liners at or near the league minimum and he may be vulnerable as well.

Why not both?

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

CapFriendly shows Joseph as having one more year at $737,500 before becoming a RFA ... with Fleury gone maybe an offer sheet for Cal Foote (2017 14th overall, 6'4", 225 lbs, RHD) ... no more than the $1.125M (i.e., can be fully buried)

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

CapFriendly shows Joseph as having one more year at $737,500 before becoming a RFA ... with Fleury gone maybe an offer sheet for Cal Foote (2017 14th overall, 6'4", 225 lbs, RHD) ... no more than the $1.125M (i.e., can be fully buried)

My bad, I thought he was an RFA now.  Scrap that idea then.

How feasible would a Drouin for Tarasenko trade be, provided the Drouin news isn't too severe and he projects to be ready to play by the early season? It would surely take some sweeteners on our side, but there would be mutual risk and they'd get some cap relief.

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

How feasible would a Drouin for Tarasenko trade be, provided the Drouin news isn't too severe and he projects to be ready to play by the early season? It would surely take some sweeteners on our side, but there would be mutual risk and they'd get some cap relief.

I had made a post earlier with the same idea got eaten alive for it. Lol 

31 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I had made a post earlier with the same idea got eaten alive for it. Lol 

I think only one person criticized the idea, and I'm guessing he hadn't heard about Tarasenko wanting out. And it was certainly before St. Louis didn't protect him, showing that they are definitely committed to honoring his request to get out of St. Louis.

$9m/yr - 7yrs for Hamilton,

$3m/yr - 2 yr for Suter

Does that leave enough for Eichal, if Drouin was part of the deal?

Eichal for: 

-KK (who I really DON’T want to trade)

-Drouin

-Mysak

-1st on 2022 (lottery protected - although if we don’t make the playoffs with these additions, we have bigger issues!!)

this of course would depend on having a complete mediacal evaluation of Eichel, the surgery he wants done and how long he may be out

the UFA signings are more a fantasy - I still don’t see Hamilton wanting to sign with us, and think Suter prefers staying in the USA.

Cap wise, with Weber's LTIR, it's probably doable with a bunch of minimum contracts to round out the roster although I think you're low on Suter's cost (he's going to get more than a lot of people think) and I agree, he probably stays in the US.  I also suspect Eichel will cost a fair bit more than that.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Cap wise, with Weber's LTIR, it's probably doable with a bunch of minimum contracts to round out the roster although I think you're low on Suter's cost (he's going to get more than a lot of people think) and I agree, he probably stays in the US.  I also suspect Eichel will cost a fair bit more than that.

I agree that Suter can probably get more, most players bought out have taken less, but he’s probably been one of the most pissed-off players about being bought out.  I read Boston and Dallas are probably leading landing spots for him, but don’t see how either can offer him much more. Dallas of course has the Texas advantage for him.

With respect to Eichal, I think the cap hit is going to b le hard to move, and the cap+injury will limit the number of teams interested, and how much they would be willing to give up fir him. Buffalo is probably going to want either years or control or younger players with term. Calgary is rumoured to be in on him, but their trading chips will be Gaudreau or Monohon, who both have 1 yr remaining on their deals. I can’t see them resigning with Buffalo, and can’t see Buffalo going after guys with only a year left, when they are not going to be a playoff team.

24 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

With respect to Eichal, I think the cap hit is going to b le hard to move, and the cap+injury will limit the number of teams interested, and how much they would be willing to give up for him. 

Agreed, this is not an easy trade to make, a lot of complicating factors especially with the injury. If you are giving up young prospects and picks then you better be sure he is going to be healthy. 

Buffalo is starting over yet again. What a train wreck that franchise has been the last 10 years.