Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

With respect to Eichal, I think the cap hit is going to b le hard to move, and the cap+injury will limit the number of teams interested, and how much they would be willing to give up fir him. Buffalo is probably going to want either years or control or younger players with term. Calgary is rumoured to be in on him, but their trading chips will be Gaudreau or Monohon, who both have 1 yr remaining on their deals. I can’t see them resigning with Buffalo, and can’t see Buffalo going after guys with only a year left, when they are not going to be a playoff team.

If Buffalo doesn't get a premium return, then they can wait it out.  One of the elements from your proposal is someone who's probably viewed as negative value and while I like Mysak, he's not a top-end prospect that's going to get Buffalo excited and is basically the award for taking on Drouin's remaining contract.  That means the offer is basically Kotkaniemi and a 1st for Eichel.  They can do better than that; they've been offered better deals than that and turned it down already.

I know it's out there that both sides want a trade to happen but they don't have to move him right now.  The NMC kicking in is sort of the hard deadline to do something and that's not until next summer.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

The Offer has to start with Kotkaniemi, Romanov and a 1st rounder for Buffalo to even consider it. 

You may have to add from there too. 

I’d be hesitant to go that high, unless we were making a play for Eichal and Dahlin. Than obvious it would be a LOT more.  I’d be willing to move anyone other than Caulfield and Suzuki to make that happen!

a friend just forwarded me this - obviously click bait, but I wouldn’t even consider paying price like this even as part of an Eichal+Dahlin deal (we’d essentially become

that Sabres).

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=112680&blogger_id=1

49 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d be hesitant to go that high, unless we were making a play for Eichal and Dahlin.

THAT trade would start with KK, Suzuki, two of the Habs four best defence prospects and 2-3 first rounders ... 

27 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

THAT trade would start with KK, Suzuki, two of the Habs four best defence prospects and 2-3 first rounders ... 

Yeah I know. But Buffalo has been fleeced until this year (got a good return from Philly and a decent return from Florida), so there always the hope of making the fool’s gold for O’Reilly type of deal.

Could one of the available (not qualified) RFA centres help plug the hole that Danault is leaving, allowing Kotkaniemi and Evans to stay on third and fourth lines?

Pius Suter (CHI), 25, 14g+13a last season, was $925K.

David Kampf (CHI), 26, 1g+11a, $1M.

Dominik Kahun (EDM), 25, 9g+6a, $925K

Of those three, only Suter is enough of an impact player to have a shot at filling a role above the fourth line.  Kampf is a pure checker (though I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs had interest to help their PK) while Kahun - who is a pure winger - struggled badly in Edmonton surprisingly.  I wouldn't be opposed to a cheap deal but it's hard to see him being an impact player.

This is what the Athletic's Chicago staff writer says:

Suter: Suter’s lack of a qualifying offer was somewhat surprising. He was one of the Blackhawks’ best rookies last season. He had 14 goals and 13 assists in 55 games. He was tied for second on the team with 11 five-on-five goals and fourth with eight primary assists.

That said, the Blackhawks were fearful of what Suter could get in arbitration. That does seem where that was headed if the Blackhawks qualified him. Suter and the Blackhawks were “far off” in their contract numbers, according to a source. There’s a chance the Blackhawks and Suter return to the table before Wednesday, but it’s more likely Suter becomes an unrestricted free agent.

I wonder if the Habs could get Justin Schultz out of Washington. Caps need to drop salary and Schultz was exposed in the waiver draft...

Right-handed D, 27 points in 46 games last year. Could play with Chiarot?

Kulak and a 3rd. Do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I wonder if the Habs could get Justin Schultz out of Washington. Caps need to drop salary and Schultz was exposed in the waiver draft...

Kulak and a 3rd. Do it.

I could get behind that idea.

15 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Kulak and a 3rd. Do it.

I like that trade proposal too

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Kulak and a 3rd. Do it.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I could get behind that idea.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like that trade proposal too

I three

would you trade 27 year old LD Brett Kulak ($1.85M/1yr) for 25 year old RD Artem Zub (@.5M, 2yr) ?

Sens would get an experienced LD with great statistics and good potential on a cheap contract

The Habs would get much needed RD depth with a good RD on a reasonable contract for an extra year

The biggest benefit is having Romanov play on LD as much as possible and develop into a stud D.

The Sens improve their overall D depth quality and have multiple options for their NHL defensive lineup. Makes them more competitive next season.

I don't think Ottawa does that deal.  There's already speculation that one of Mete or Brannstrom is going to be dealt due to their current LD depth (which isn't much) and what's coming up.  I think they'd view Zub as the more valuable piece of the two.

with the list of players who filed for arbitration out, here is a trade proposal

From MTL: Kulak, Poehling and Ylonen

To NSH for Fabbro and 2022 2nd round draft pick

===

The Habs get an NHL ready RHD at (I hope) $3.0M after arbitration

NSH gets an NHL D on a cheaper contract and two prospects that are waiver eligible while alos being likely to play in the NHL soon. They get cap space to sign their other UFAs, RFAs or extend their current players.

They also get scoring potential at the forward position which they have been missing.

I like Fabbro and I have been looking a various ways to get him, similar to how I wanted to get Edmundson. He has been a 3rd pair D so far but his numbers have been improving year to year.

Why would NSH do it?

Althought they seem to have lots of cap room, they need to sign Saros and Tolvanen and next year they need to extend Forsberg and Ekholm. In addition to signing some NHL depth.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:54 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

From MTL: Kulak, Poehling and Ylonen

To NSH for Fabbro and 2022 2nd round draft pick

===

The Habs get an NHL ready RHD at (I hope) $3.0M after arbitration

NSH gets an NHL D on a cheaper contract and two prospects that are waiver eligible while alos being likely to play in the NHL soon. They get cap space to sign their other UFAs, RFAs or extend their current players.

They also get scoring potential at the forward position which they have been missing.

I like Fabbro and I have been looking a various ways to get him, similar to how I wanted to get Edmundson. He has been a 3rd pair D so far but his numbers have been improving year to year.

Why would NSH do it?

Althought they seem to have lots of cap room, they need to sign Saros and Tolvanen and next year they need to extend Forsberg and Ekholm. In addition to signing some NHL depth.

Fabbro signed in NSH, a package with Kulak for Fabbro is what I still hope for

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Fabbro signed in NSH, a package with Kulak for Fabbro is what I still hope for

Unless the plus with Kulak is a lot better than Kulak, I don't think Nashville would have any interest.  Fabbro is young and is presumably part of Nashville's core while Kulak is a year from UFA status and consistently can't crack Montreal's top six.  Kulak's standalone trade value isn't particularly high.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before in this thread, but do you think we would have any interest in Johnny Gaudreau?  

There have been rumours for a while about Calgary moving him.

Would he fit with us? 

10 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before in this thread, but do you think we would have any interest in Johnny Gaudreau?  

There have been rumours for a while about Calgary moving him.

Would he fit with us? 

He'd be a nice piece, but if they are going to move assets, I can't see it being done for a winger. The only way I see them bringing in a winger if it is a change-of-scenary deal involving Drouin, similar to the Domi/Anderson deal.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Unless the plus with Kulak is a lot better than Kulak, I don't think Nashville would have any interest.  Fabbro is young and is presumably part of Nashville's core while Kulak is a year from UFA status and consistently can't crack Montreal's top six.  Kulak's standalone trade value isn't particularly high.

Ylonen and Poehling may not be enough. Would Mailloux be enough to tip NSH's hand?

Ylonen is stuck behind Caufield, Anderson, Toffoli and Gallagher and may not play in Montreal over the next 3-4 years

Poehling is still hit/miss, but would provide NSH some affordable depth at center

Mailloux may be a good add-in to Kulak on this trade, Fabbro is sloted on the 3rd pair right now.

What about Drouin + a pick (3rd at best) to Winnipeg for PLD.

PLD struggled with the jet so try to get him while his value is lower.  Fills a 2/3 line center for Montreal.  Winnipeg gets a winger with a couple years left on his deal for their top 6.  The pick with Drouin is only so there’s no salary retention.

40 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

What about Drouin + a pick (3rd at best) to Winnipeg for PLD.

PLD struggled with the jet so try to get him while his value is lower.  Fills a 2/3 line center for Montreal.  Winnipeg gets a winger with a couple years left on his deal for their top 6.  The pick with Drouin is only so there’s no salary retention.

As disappointing as PLD may have been in Winnipeg, I doubt Cheveldayoff would be OK with turning the return he got for Laine and Roslovic into Drouin and a 3rd.