Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I am still not a fan of his game ... but CBJ are supposedly VERY anxious to be rid of Domi and with the Habs situation at centre Max might be a one-year option as a 2/3C ... ... he has one year left on his contract at $5.3 ... I would offer Byron and see if the "+" it would take for CBJ to take on Byron's deal is reasonable.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My understanding is that he has left habsworld for good.

I certainly hope this is not the case, as he has been one of the very best posters in the history of this site IMHO

Agreed ... if true, I hope it is by choice and not because of illness or any other negative cause.

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agreed ... if true, I hope it is by choice and not because of illness or any other negative cause.

I think he got a raw deal when banned for a week.

If it was me, I would have left too.

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I certainly hope this is not the case, as he has been one of the very best posters in the history of this site IMHO

Earlier today, his profile showed "Last visited 19 minutes ago". Now, his profile has visibility turned off, unlike this morning. :)

I, too, would like to see him back. But, in the meantime, I do believe he is still reading the forums.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I am still not a fan of his game ... but CBJ are supposedly VERY anxious to be rid of Domi and with the Habs situation at centre Max might be a one-year option as a 2/3C ... ... he has one year left on his contract at $5.3 ... I would offer Byron and see if the "+" it would take for CBJ to take on Byron's deal is reasonable.

With the way things went his last year with the Habs, I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in a reunion.

58 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

With the way things went his last year with the Habs, I'm not sure they'd be all that interested in a reunion.

Would you guess that there will be no vet #3/#2 centre being added (trade/signing) before Oct?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

In part why I am no great fan of his ... but the unknown may be how much of the issue was between Domi and Julien ... Ducharme ***might*** feel he can get MD back on track

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

In part why I am no great fan of his ... but the unknown may be how much of the issue was between Domi and Julien ... Ducharme ***might*** feel he can get MD back on track

Nope, I much rather have Galchenyuk or even Drouin centering the third line than Domi 

Even Vejdemo if it gets to that !

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think he got a raw deal when banned for a week.

If it was me, I would have left too.

Wasn't aware of any suspensions stemming from that thread, but not surprised. I have to imagine johnnyhasbeen was suspended as well. Commandant took things too far in response to johnny, but johnny's posts were some of the most vile things I've seen posted here in years. It was certainly disappointing seeing him back to his old ways.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Yeah, and Columbus was worse off down than middle after the PLD trade than Montreal ever was and he still got put on the wing after just a handful of games. He is not an option at center in this league any more, especially with the Habs.

34 minutes ago, DON said:

Would you guess that there will be no vet #3/#2 centre being added (trade/signing) before Oct?

I thought they might be in on Bozak but I get the sense he's waiting for St. Louis.  I expected they'd kick the tires on Tierney but it doesn't sound like that's happening.  I wouldn't be shocked if they signed a veteran stopgap (Staal or Brassard as examples of the tier I'm thinking about) that sort of serves as a hedge that can play on the third line if they had to but at this point, I think Evans is the 3C and Kotkaniemi the 2C on opening night.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I certainly hope he has not left, definitely one of the most astute posters here. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I thought they might be in on Bozak but I get the sense he's waiting for St. Louis.  I expected they'd kick the tires on Tierney but it doesn't sound like that's happening.  I wouldn't be shocked if they signed a veteran stopgap (Staal or Brassard as examples of the tier I'm thinking about) that sort of serves as a hedge that can play on the third line if they had to but at this point, I think Evans is the 3C and Kotkaniemi the 2C on opening night.

OK thanks, on paper Bozak-Tierney seem not much to write home about, but 3 kids down the middle seems like flying without a net. Which in long run might be best, unless they really seem overmatched and struggle badly.

10 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I certainly hope he has not left, definitely one of the most astute posters here. 

Well, perhaps he will return someday. Time heals all wounds, as they say…and more importantly, the situation which led to his suspension, a decision I quite disagreed with, was a radical outlier when it comes to discussion on this site. This is not normally a space where misogyny is articulated; it wasn’t before those 2-3 posts in that single thread, and it hasn’t been since. Hopefully, the pull of the (virtual) relationships built up over years, and the long-running community we’ve got here, will overcome the frustration caused by the events of one week. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, perhaps he will return someday. Time heals all wounds, as they say…and more importantly, the situation which led to his suspension, a decision I quite disagreed with, was a radical outlier when it comes to discussion on this site. This is not normally a space where misogyny is articulated; it wasn’t before those 2-3 posts in that single thread, and it hasn’t been since. Hopefully, the pull of the (virtual) relationships built up over years, and the long-running community we’ve got here, will overcome the frustration caused by the events of one week. We’ll see. 

I would welcome him back.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I would welcome him back.

Same here 

he was particularly patient with me when I started daring to propose trades and lineups; he also took the time to reply to my PotatoHead prospect questions which was great

I feel guilty since I started the dreadful thread

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Same here 

he was particularly patient with me when I started daring to propose trades and lineups; he also took the time to reply to my PotatoHead prospect questions which was great

I feel guilty since I started the dreadful thread

You didn’t do anything wrong, mon ami

46 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I am a bit in the dark here. I have no idea what thread this happened on. I don't know if anyone wants to provide more clarity on this issue as I want to make sure I stay on the right track.  It's easy to get sidetracked with political/non hockey issues when the hockey world is quiet. 

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am a bit in the dark here. I have no idea what thread this happened on. I don't know if anyone wants to provide more clarity on this issue as I want to make sure I stay on the right track.  It's easy to get sidetracked with political/non hockey issues when the hockey world is quiet. 

I believe it was his strong response to what IMO were misogynistic comments directed at Logan Mailloux's victim by some (especially one) other posters.

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I believe it was his strong response to what IMO were misogynistic comments directed at Logan Mailloux's victim by some (especially one) other posters.

That conversation was definitely getting a little uncomfortable. 

Without being privy to the ins and outs, I gather Commandant was banned for a week because he vehemently called out the misogyny of one poster in particular - and thereby, according to the site's overseers, violated the policy against "personal attacks."  There is, however, some irony in being suspended for attacking misogynistic posters, since misogyny itself, like racism or other forms of hatred, is something that should have no place here.

Anyway: that was such a bizarre turn of events (how often are the Habs going to draft a kid who was charged with a sex-related offence??) that I'm optimistic the whole thing amounts to a single, short-lived aberration in the history of this site.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Anyway: that was such a bizarre turn of events (how often are the Habs going to draft a kid who was charged with a sex-related offence??) that I'm optimistic the whole thing amounts to a single, short-lived aberration in the history of this site.

Believe me, I'm very much hoping that's the case here as well.

FFS!

Why doesnt someone simply start specific thread to bicker about draft pick on?

I have zero interest in high school kid picture sharing, hearing about topic or discussing it, which seems bit oxymoronic as i kinda am.:bonk:

9 minutes ago, DON said:

FFS!

Why doesnt someone simply start specific thread to bicker about draft pick on?

I have zero interest in high school kid picture sharing, hearing about topic or discussing it, which seems bit oxymoronic as i kinda am.:bonk:

You are missing the point. We were talking about Commandant’s (hopefully temporary) departure from this site. There was no attempt to revisit the argument that triggered the whole thing.

One thing is clear, quite a few of us hope that Commandant does return eventually!

Now, back to your regularly-scheduled trade proposals

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

One thing is clear, quite a few of us hope that Commandant does return eventually!

I agree, he provided a lot of insight on the Habs, knows the up and comers better than anyone here.  He is a true Habs fan.  If you are reading Commandant, many here hope you come back.  Cheers!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at hockey trades, I came up with this one:

To MTL: Chytil ($2.3M/2yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

To NYR, Poehling(waiver exempt) & either Mailloux(RD) or J.Olofsson(C)

This gives Montreal a 3C with NHL experience, solidifies the center position. Chytil was viewed as a reach by NYR, slotted in the second round by most. NYR seems to be high on Morgan Barron who seems to be ready to step in to a bottom 6 role in 2021-2022

This gives the NYR a waiver exempt center so that they can decide to play either Barron or Poehling. It gives them alternatives when looking to resign Zibanejad or Strome and depending who they accept in the trade (Mailloux or J.Olofsson) they gain prospect depth where they are thin.