Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

What's more valuable to Washington though?  Having a replacement for Mantha or a replacement for Backstrom (who's out long-term with a lingering hip issue)?  Beyond Kuznetsov, their healthy centre depth gets really thin in a hurry and while I like Connor McMichael, he's not a top-six guy yet.  If I'm Washington, I'd rather have surplus depth at centre than on the wing.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Right. Centres can always play on the wing ... I think there is an ex-Hab C doing that very thing in Carolina. (3g+1a and -11 in 17 games now)

LOL. Love it

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Looking at the WSH lineup, and their roster, I figured that it would be nice if we could make this trade:

To WSH: Armia ($3.4M/4y)

To MTL: Eller ($3.5M/2yr) and 2nd round pick in 2022

The Caps get a solid RW that can help them right now while Mantha is out. He is younger than Eller and is signed for 4 years. He will be a good asset for them in the playoffs and help them during the season on the PK and secondary scoring on the odd night

MTL gets off two years of Armia off their books, can send Poehling to Laval to continue developing and if WSH accepts, they get a good pick on the draft.

I feel like we'd be the ones adding the 2nd here...

32 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

I feel like we'd be the ones adding the 2nd here...

Or more

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Acquiring Eller is a good idea in hockey terms. Whether we want to take on a 32-year-old on a two-year deal during what is clearly a "rebuilding" year is another question.

I agree ... I also don't know whether other teams see Armia as a $3.4 AAV player

Lots of talk that JT Miller is possibly available.

He’s centre/wing, last full year had 72 points, has 19 so far this year, Can play PP and penalty kill, is a difference maker.

Canucks need defence.

wonder if Habs could get him?

Would any of these work:

Chiarot and a pick for Miller ?

Petry (haha this year) for him?

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

What's more valuable to Washington though?  Having a replacement for Mantha or a replacement for Backstrom (who's out long-term with a lingering hip issue)?  Beyond Kuznetsov, their healthy centre depth gets really thin in a hurry and while I like Connor McMichael, he's not a top-six guy yet.  If I'm Washington, I'd rather have surplus depth at centre than on the wing.

Eller showed as a healthy scratch on the website I checked, which seems to indicate he is not considered a centre depth in the absence of Backstrom

thatnis the main reason I thought this trade may be possible. 

Armia is no Tom Wilson, but he would provide another big RW good along the boards and great on the pk

The draft pick is the price for picking up a player on the decline and giving away a player at his peak

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Eller showed as a healthy scratch on the website I checked, which seems to indicate he is not considered a centre depth in the absence of Backstrom ...

Lars Eller has played 15 of 19 games, amongst Caps forwards he is 4th in TOI (2nd behind Kuznetsov amongst centres), 6th in pts/gm, 4th in +/-, 2nd in face-offs taken and 2nd on face-off percentage among Caps with at least 100 face-offs taken ... I think he is pretty solidly entrenched with the Caps

Would love to propose a trade, but simply dont know enough about other teams or their players.

Former Mr. Potatohead, keep tossing stuff against wall sir, appreciate the ideas.

39 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Eller showed as a healthy scratch on the website I checked, which seems to indicate he is not considered a centre depth in the absence of Backstrom

thatnis the main reason I thought this trade may be possible.

He's currently in COVID protocol so he has non-roster status.  He has been their 2C all season.

34 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's currently in COVID protocol so he has non-roster status.  He has been their 2C all season.

Oh, ok . Didn’t know that.

I would modify my trade proposal to 1 for 1 without the draft pick or add a throw in but not more than that 

48 minutes ago, DON said:

Would love to propose a trade, but simply dont know enough about other teams or their players.

Former Mr. Potatohead, keep tossing stuff against wall sir, appreciate the ideas.

Thanks Don.

I do not know much about other teams but I try to do at least some basic checks before posting

Habs have too many RWs and too many bottom pair Ds 

with some IRS players about to rejoin the team, a trade will be needed

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Rumours are that Ben Chiarot is wanted by Edmonton.

Didn't that start from Friedman who was basically speculating him as a potential fit there?  I viewed that more as a hypothetical than a rumour.

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I thought it was from Jeff Marek.

It was on his radio show but I thought it was Friedman who said it.  Either way, it was more spitballing ideas of who'd fit there with Nurse out than an actual rumour.  There definitely is a reasonable fit and I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton had interest later in the year when it's easier to make the money work.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

1st round pick and Ryan McLeod would be my price. 

What sweetener to get them to take Petry back/off our hands?

Use Chiarot plus picks for Miller from Canucks.  Centre depth Miller/Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans looks good.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Lars Eller has played 15 of 19 games, amongst Caps forwards he is 4th in TOI (2nd behind Kuznetsov amongst centres), 6th in pts/gm, 4th in +/-, 2nd in face-offs taken and 2nd on face-off percentage among Caps with at least 100 face-offs taken ... I think he is pretty solidly entrenched with the Caps

Indeed he is, know some DC locals/Caps fans and he isn’t going anywhere as long as they have a cup window with Ovi, Kutz, Backy, Carlson.

I would say the Canucks would be crazy to trade PPG forward JT Miller for Petry, or for pretty much anyone on the habs’ roster except CC or Suzuki. But with Dim Jim Benning in charge, anything is possible. A rejuvenated Petry might save their season (their D being nearly as inept as ours).

As a side note, I am absolutely bewildered by the Canucks’ passivity as their season melts down. Travis Green has been coaching the same group for five years - well above the 3.5 year average lifespan of coaches. Key players are underperforming. They have probably tuned him out. The crashingly obvious move is to fire Green and see if a new coach can get better results. 

Instead, the Canucks are floating trade rumours around the excellent Miller, and otherwise doing zilch. They are not like the Habs - they cannot talk rebuild; this IS the rebuild. 

Baffling.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

1st round pick and Ryan McLeod would be my price. 

That wouldn't surprise me at all. The Oilers are all in this year.  Holland is under pressure to win and has already said he is willing to give up their #1 pick.  As mentioned earlier, later in the year would make his contract easier to fit in. Chiarot needs to stay healthy as he will be the easiest to move for a good return. 

10 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Use Chiarot plus picks for Miller from Canucks.  Centre depth Miller/Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans looks good.

Why is Montreal trading draft picks away - particularly high ones (a mid-round pick isn't going to do it in this offer) - in a year where they're going to be near the bottom of the standings?  They also simply cannot afford Miller's contract on their books next season and moving an expiring in Chiarot doesn't help that.  You'd need to move someone signed beyond this season for a deal involving Miller to have any chance of being viable.  The challenge for Vancouver is they have minimal cap space to work with so players like Petry, Gallagher, Anderson, etc won't be of any interest to them with Pettersson and Boeser on bridge deals and Horvat up for a new contract soon as well; they need to keep their long-term cap room for those players. 

11 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

What sweetener to get them to take Petry back/off our hands?

#1 RH d-man, even as bad as he is playing, cant be dealt without a top 4 RH d-man being traded for.

58 minutes ago, DON said:

#1 RH d-man, even as bad as he is playing, cant be dealt without a top 4 RH d-man being traded for.

unless you want to use Savard in full tank mode... :ph34r: just saying