Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Dallas has all but admitted that they won't match his asking price, hence Klingberg's trade request.

This will very  likely be Klingberg's last big contract so I assume he is asking 8M plus and will likely get it as he has been a consistent point producer from the back end. 

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

This will very  likely be Klingberg's last big contract so I assume he is asking 8M plus and will likely get it as he has been a consistent point producer from the back end. 

That would be $2.5M more than Muzzin, so a problem for the Leafs even if Muzzin goes LTIR.

They could get him as a rental and let him walk, though.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Sounds like 8 x $7.875M was his latest ask.

Two hockey sticks and a case of Gatorade

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Provided Carey can come back and show that he's still an NHL goalie and the Oilers have another flameout:

to EDM:

Carey Price #31 ($2.5M salary retained)

to MTL:

Tyson Barrie

Mike Smith

Dylan Holloway

Edmonton can't afford that on their long-term books.  Also, there's no way Price will be back and in top form in the next four weeks.  He's not even set to return to the ice for a while yet by the sounds of it.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Edmonton can't afford that on their long-term books.  Also, there's no way Price will be back and in top form in the next four weeks.  He's not even set to return to the ice for a while yet by the sounds of it.

I feel like they could make it work longterm with Carey at 8M.  This is more of an offseason trade, or next season.  They'd have a lot of people believing in them as Cup contenders with Carey back there.

16 minutes ago, Neech said:

They'd have a lot of people believing in them as Cup contenders with Carey back there.

Really? Your joking arnt you?

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/02/right-handed-defensive-prospects-should-be-on-habs-radar/

These prospects all sound good to me as Mailloux seems all they got for RH d-prospects (Brook will never be impact or top pairing d-man...in my opinion)

Not sure what is needed to pry any of them away.

26 minutes ago, DON said:

Really? Your joking arnt you?

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/02/right-handed-defensive-prospects-should-be-on-habs-radar/

These prospects all sound good to me as Mailloux seems all they got for RH d-prospects (Brook will never be impact or top pairing d-man...in my opinion)

Not sure what is needed to pry any of them away.

Kind of a rude and obnoxious way to enter the conversation, especially with the rest of the post seemingly a non-sequitur perhaps in reply to someone else. 

40 minutes ago, Neech said:

I feel like they could make it work longterm with Carey at 8M.  This is more of an offseason trade, or next season.  They'd have a lot of people believing in them as Cup contenders with Carey back there.

Goalies with lingering hip troubles and now a problematic knee generally don't come back and play at a high-end level.  Could he play at an average level for 40-45 games a year?  Maybe but that goalie isn't worth $8 million.  That goalie might be worth $5.25 million (half of Price's contract) but if Montreal has to then turn around and sign a replacement for the $5.25 million they've saved on Price, retaining that much doesn't work.

Price isn't going anywhere until he can show that he's healthy and can still play at a high level.  The first one is proving hard enough let alone the second so he's staying put.

Price's contract in your scenario makes it extremely difficult for them to re-sign Draisaitl when his deal is up.  That's a problem.  They're adding short-term money for next year even with your salary offsets and I've already gone over how they basically have $1M per salary slot (with Puljujarvi/Yamamoto among those needing to be signed and both will cost more than that) to fill out their 22-23 roster.  That's also a problem.  They have too many big contracts on their roster to afford another one at any position, not just a goalie.

6 minutes ago, Neech said:

Kind of a rude and obnoxious way to enter the conversation, especially with the rest of the post seemingly a non-sequitur perhaps in reply to someone else. 

Price will be eligible for old timer hockey/ball this summer, he has had 1 or a few operations on his knees and other 'stuff', so why in hell would any team trade for him and eat that huge contract also.

I dont get it?

Trading Price at the deadline is a non-starter.  No one is going to trade for a guy who hasn't played a game yet this season and isn't skating yet. 

Even if he gets back in an absolute best case scenario, he plays what 2 games before the deadline, 3 at most?  Even if we retain 50%, no one is going to trade for all the years remaining on his deal without knowing he can be and stay healthy. 

This is a move that likely doesn't happen before summer 2023.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Price isn't going anywhere until he can show that he's healthy and can still play at a high level.  The first one is proving hard enough let alone the second so he's staying put.

Yup. Those things have to happen before anybody will even consider looking at Price. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This is a move that likely doesn't happen before summer 2023.

If ever. I think the most likely scenario is still that Price stays a Hab until retirement, whether playing or on LTIR.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If ever. I think the most likely scenario is still that Price stays a Hab until retirement, whether playing or on LTIR.

I agree with that.  

I was just saying it wouldn't be before that date, even in a best case scenario. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DON said:

Price will be eligible for old timer hockey/ball this summer, he has had 1 or a few operations on his knees and other 'stuff', so why in hell would any team trade for him and eat that huge contract also.

I dont get it?

He just came off a finals run where he looked like the Canadian hero of his glory days.  If he can return to play at something approaching this level, a team like Edmonton with Cup aspirations and a gaping hole in goal could talk themselves into Carey being the piece to put them over the top.  

There's a lot of uncertainty over his status right now, which is why his return to play would be necessary and a trade wouldn't happen before the offseason at the earliest.

And Fleury just won a vezina, doesnt mean much.

Both are simply older goalies with alot of miles and "just my opinion" i think and kinda hope Price simply retires a Hab, maybe after next year or two if still capable of making a decent amount of starts.

I know many Habfans hope that some (any) other team wants him and will eat much of huge contract, is appealing for sure.

10 hours ago, Neech said:

He just came off a finals run where he looked like the Canadian hero of his glory days ...

He has just come off minor surgery that he has been rehabbing for multiple times longer than it should have taken to be playing again ... and he is nowhere close to playing a game ... even if he makes it back to being able to play there must now always be fear about how long that will last ... also, he is coming off four regular seasons in which he was decent once and poor to bad three times ... even if he eventually makes it back to being able to play there has to be a serious doubt about how well he will be able to perform ... it is unrealistic to look back at those seven brilliant weeks and assume that is what to expect in the future.

I think this trade proposal with Dallas makes sense (sorry if it has been posted before):

To Dallas: Petry ($6.25M/'til2025)

To Montreal: Radulov ($6.25M/UFA'22) Jack Bar and 2nd 2023 (which can be conditional to Dallas making the playoffs this year or winning the first round this year)

Dallas gets a replacement to Klingberg for next season at a lesser price and with their D depth can shelter Petry

Habs get a promising RD and an ok draft pick next year, plus they get some cap room to sign UFA(s) this summer

If I read cap friendly correctly, Nashville has lots of cap room. So here goes another trade proposal:

To NSH: Lehkonen($2.3M/UFA'22) and Hoffman($4.5M/'till 2024)

To Montreal: Frederik Allard(RD, $750k/1yr) and a 2nd pick

Habs clear cap room and get a high risk/return RD, they plug the RD prospect pipeline with this trade and Petry's above

Preds get a scorer and a great 2way forward for their playoff hunt. Scoring has been lacking in NSH for a while and this helps their organization until their prospects develop

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think this trade proposal with Dallas makes sense (sorry if it has been posted before):

To Montreal: Radulov ($6.25M/UFA'22) Jack Bar and 2nd 2023 (which can be conditional to Dallas making the playoffs this year or winning the first round this year)

Dallas gets a replacement to Klingberg for next season at a lesser price and with their D depth can shelter Petry

Habs get a promising RD and an ok draft pick next year, plus they get some cap room to sign UFA(s) this summer

I want far more than a 2021 fifth round pick and 2023 second round pick for Petry. (which is conditional too???)

Thats far too low, and we are taking on a contract?

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If I read cap friendly correctly, Nashville has lots of cap room. So here goes another trade proposal:

Habs clear cap room and get a high risk/return RD, they plug the RD prospect pipeline with this trade and Petry's above

Preds get a scorer and a great 2way forward for their playoff hunt. Scoring has been lacking in NSH for a while and this helps their organization until their prospects develop

Allard is 24 years old, has played 1 NHL game, and has done very little in the AHL.  He's regressed in that league with just five points this season (in 35 games)... He's an offensive D who isn't scoring in the AHL at the age of 24.  He's very close to being a bust. 

So we get a guy very close to being a bust and a 2nd round pick for Lehkonen???  That's not enough for him alone, and we throw in Hoffman too???

Yeah I'm a no on this. 

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

A few weeks ago the idea of dumping Petry for a 5th round 2021 RHD prospect and a 2023 2nd made more sense ... but with him playing better I expect H&G are hoping for more of a true "hockey trade".

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don't think the Habs should be so desperate to clear cap room -- especially as we will have more young players next year and after -- as to basically give away Lehkonen (who will be RFA not UFA this year) and Hoffman.