Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

6 minutes ago, hankhab said:

Chariot for sure and either Petry or Kulak. Thats it. If Drouin and Dvorak come back and play well the last part of the season, its most likely they remain part of the team for the start of next season.

Chiarot is a given.

I would say Lehkonen more likely than the other 2 you noted, till the summer at least.

And maybe 1-2 low value flips for late picks or trade filler, like Kulak, Wideman, Clague, Perreault...

43 minutes ago, DON said:

Chiarot is a given.

I would say Lehkonen more likely than the other 2 you noted, till the summer at least.

Kulak is a UFA at the end of the season so he'll walk for free in the summer.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Kulak is a UFA at the end of the season so he'll walk for free in the summer.

I wouldnt expect much for him to begin with, he is depth for a contender I suppose, then will be solid AHLer/depth NHLer for some other team next fall.

Not sure what he would bring in next 2 weeks, maybe a 6th or 7th round pick?

I expect Chariot,(1st & prospect) Perrault, Wideman (7ths) and Kulak (3rd) to be traded. A Petry deal will wait until the draft. And, Leks? He will be traded if a team comes up with a massive overpay which at this point would be a 1st plus imho. I think they should keep him unless the return is fantastic and dump Armia. Maybe Armia and Shea Weber to Arizona for future considerations?

On 3/4/2022 at 10:10 AM, alfredoh2009 said:

Updated:

To Dallas: Petry ($6.25M)

To Montreal: Klingberg ($4.25M, trading for signing rights) Holtby ($2M/pending UFA) and Jack Bar and 2023 1st with the condition that Klingberd needs to sign an extension with MTL

Dallas gets a top pairing RD in Petry who will benefit with the solid top LDs in Dallas. This is a rental for Montreal, so a 1st has to come back from DAL He is also a more affordable contract than Klingberg

Montreal gets a younger top pairing RD in Klingberg that may sign for $6.5 or $7M and a high pick in 2023

With the news about Heiskanen bein sick and the feedback on Jack Bar, I am re tweaking my proposal:

"with the condition that Klingberd needs to sign an extension with MTL"

The new CBA that was signed during the 2020 Bubble has made such conditions illegal in trades.  You can't make a pick conditional on a contract being signed anymore (though you used to be able to). 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

"with the condition that Klingberd needs to sign an extension with MTL"

The new CBA that was signed during the 2020 Bubble has made such conditions illegal in trades.  You can't make a pick conditional on a contract being signed anymore (though you used to be able to). 

@#4%&&* !!! CBA ... dam CBA ... dumb me

Just in case it happens:

To Montreal: Teddy Blueger (4C, $2.2M/2023, 54.8 FO%) and 2022 1st

To Pittsburgh: Lehkonen and Poehling

Habs get another 1st round pick and replace Poehling with someone who can center the Habs bottom-6 with Blueger, Dvorak, Evans or Dauphin competing for 2C.

Pens get a cheap center that may become a 3C and a hot LW/RW that will probably do well on the top 2 lines but that will give them lots of depth on the wings if he plays on the 3rd line. Lehkonen would do well in Pittsburgh

Edited by alfredoh2009

So, this is a  first for Lehkonen. And Poehling for Blueger. Just to get a better faceoff percentage?

Blueger will be a UFA in a year's time and Poehling is four years younger.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Just in case it happens:

To Montreal: Teddy Blueger (4C, $2.2M/2023, 54.8 FO%) and 2022 1st

To Pittsburgh: Lehkonen and Poehling

Habs get another 1st round pick and replace Poehling with someone who can center the Habs bottom-6 with Blueger, Dvorak, Evans or Dauphin competing for 2C.

Pens get a cheap center that may become a 3C and a hot LW/RW that will probably do well on the top 2 lines but that will give them lots of depth on the wings if he plays on the 3rd line. Lehkonen would do well in Pittsburgh

Why would you want to trade Poehling for another 4th liner that is older?? Why even trade Poehling at all, unless it is for a better young player? I think the way Lekhonen is playing right now some team may give a 1st and 3rd, or maybe even a 1st and 2nd if we also retained 50% of his salary.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With the news about Heiskanen bein sick and the feedback on Jack Bar, I am re tweaking my proposal:

Still doesn't work on the cap for them.  Heiskanen is on IR, not LTIR so there's no cap relief.

19 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why would you want to trade Poehling for another 4th liner that is older?? Why even trade Poehling at all, unless it is for a better young player?

I don't get the sense Poehling is part of Montreal's long-term plans.  If that's the case, his league minimum contract is an asset so his value is still at least reasonable.  If they hold onto him and has another year like this, his value is basically zero.  It's one of those trade early instead of risking holding onto him too long type of ideas.

• Like 1

I heard somewhere that the Caps are shopping Daniel Sprong in the hope of arming up for one more run. 24 year old RW who was supposed to have significant upside but has yet to show this consistently in the NHL…could he be part of return for one of our pieces? Or (more likely) are we just too deep at RW to bother? 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I heard somewhere that the Caps are shopping Daniel Sprong in the hope of arming up for one more run. 24 year old RW who was supposed to have significant upside but has yet to show this consistently in the NHL…could he be part of return for one of our pieces? Or (more likely) are we just too deep at RW to bother? 

He's 24 and failed with multiple franchises.  He'd have to be a very minor piece in a deal, not something significant in the trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

He's 24 and failed with multiple franchises.  He'd have to be a very minor piece in a deal, not something significant in the trade. 

Soon to be 25 (March 17th) ... pending RFA ... he is at most a salary/contract balancing inclusion that fans of his new team can pray will fulfill his unrealized potential ... I recall when he was "hot stuff" and supposed to be Crosby's winger.

19 hours ago, tomh009 said:

So, this is a  first for Lehkonen. And Poehling for Blueger. Just to get a better faceoff percentage?

Blueger will be a UFA in a year's time and Poehling is four years younger.

No, Lehkonne and Poehling for Blueger and a 1st

ti get a 1st and swap "equivalent in trade value"  4Cs - one cheap young C than seems to be effective at FO%, vs an older 4C with not much production but good on the dot.

Poehling is currently what the PENs may see from their 2022 1stround pick, but able to play in the twilight years of Crosby and Malkin; he adds value to "peak Lehkonen" in landing that 1st round pick for the Habs.

Also, Blueger would free up some of Suzuki's time on the PK, which is a +

43 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

You would also lose Lehkonen on the PK (118 minutes TOI), so I don't think you would be reducing the load on Suzuki any.

Blueger is supposedly as good as Lehks on the PK

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Blueger is supposedly as good as Lehks on the PK

Even if he is, he's not going to substantially reduce Suzuki's PK time since Lehkonen is already the Habs' most-used penalty killer.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Even if he is, he's not going to substantially reduce Suzuki's PK time since Lehkonen is already the Habs' most-used penalty killer.

Just the Habs PK has been poor for several years now. Are 29th on PK presently, cant get much worse.

Well, my turn to propose one.

To Dallas:

Joel Armia, RW, 28, three years left at $3.4M

Small sweetener (fourth-round pick or equivalent prospect)

To Montreal:

Radek Faksa, C, 28, three years left at $3.25M

Both players have struggled badly this year (Faksa has two goals and 11 assists in 51 games).  Both players have shown flashes of offensive upside over the years (Faksa's career high in points is 33, Armia 30) but are basically just overpaid checkers.  Faksa plays the more premium position and costs a tiny bit less on the cap hence the need for some sort of small sweetener from the Canadiens.  Dallas has Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, and Hintz that all play down the middle (some full-time, some part-time) so they can afford to move out a centre.  The Habs, meanwhile, have winger depth but less depth at centre.  It's a basic change of scenery swap involving bottom six players with the hopes that the change sparks them.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well, my turn to propose one.

To Dallas:

Joel Armia, RW, 28, three years left at $3.4M

Small sweetener (fourth-round pick or equivalent prospect)

To Montreal:

Radek Faksa, C, 28, three years left at $3.25M

Both players have struggled badly this year (Faksa has two goals and 11 assists in 51 games).  Both players have shown flashes of offensive upside over the years (Faksa's career high in points is 33, Armia 30) but are basically just overpaid checkers.  Faksa plays the more premium position and costs a tiny bit less on the cap hence the need for some sort of small sweetener from the Canadiens.  Dallas has Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, and Hintz that all play down the middle (some full-time, some part-time) so they can afford to move out a centre.  The Habs, meanwhile, have winger depth but less depth at centre.  It's a basic change of scenery swap involving bottom six players with the hopes that the change sparks them.

I like it ... Faksa has been 50% or better on this faceoffs 4 of the last 5 seasons (19/20 was 49.7%) ... the two have the EXACT same goals/60 and Faksa has a slightly better Pts/60 ... PLUS ... Faksa (6'4", 220) is bigger than any of the centres on the Habs roster, and if it comes time to move him later centres are usually easier to trade than wingers ... he will undoubtedly offer the same frustrating flashes of "more" but will do so at a more useful position.