Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Since it’s not even clear he will ever play again, no team is taking Price. 

And I seriously doubt Family Man Price is going to waive his NMC and uproot his family to spend a couple of years in Edmonton anyway, even if it is closer to Anahim Lake. 

EDM should have been thinking big regarding Price 3-4 years ago. They are fools who have been trying to patch up an entire roster around their big two C. 

Yeah. I think we probably could have teams over paying for Gallagher, and Price is the type of goalie Edmonton should have tried to get after winning the McDavid lottery. 

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No way is Edmonton making that trade even if Price was healthy next year. Three old decking guys would be dumb. Holland has made stupid signings and dumb moves, but even he is not dumb enough to gut his D. There is also no way Edmonton isn’t on Petry’s list of teams he wouldn’t go to.

All true

My angle was really about Smith not being good enough and a playoff Price when healthy is incredible. 

Oilers need a high skill winger and the Habs aren’t giving one of them up so I thought Gallagher might work because of his net presence. 

Petry was to replace Nurse. Not the same player to be sure but a top of game Petry is greater than Nurse any day. 

I didn’t think the salary stuff through and the likely hood of Petry and Price saying yes are low. And a huge IF Price is healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

All true

My angle was really about Smith not being good enough and a playoff Price when healthy is incredible. 

Oilers need a high skill winger and the Habs aren’t giving one of them up so I thought Gallagher might work because of his net presence. 

Petry was to replace Nurse. Not the same player to be sure but a top of game Petry is greater than Nurse any day. 

I didn’t think the salary stuff through and the likely hood of Petry and Price saying yes are low. And a huge IF Price is healthy. 

I'd rather have Nurse than Petry.  Nurse is coming on and getting better.  Petry is at an age where he's falling off.  I think Nurse is close to passing him, if he hasn't already. 

I wonder if the devils will be trying to trade down if they don’t need #2, even if it’s swapping with Arizona who would probably be fans of Cooley.

What if a three way deal exists where Arizona moves up to 2, and MTL trades for 3, drafting Nemec (my personal #3 pick)

As a base, this trade would look like 

NJD would net Petry and Chychrun, giving up 2nd OA and a prospect like Mukamadulin 

Arizona nets 2nd OA and Mukamadulin, Calgary’s first rounder (from MTL) and a second round pick from MTL. They give up Chychrun and the 3rd OA. 

Montreal nets the 3rd OA pick. Give up Petry, Calgary’s pick, and a second round pick.

Now tell me where where it’s completely ridiculous hahah. Regardless of my evaluations likely being off, could something like this with tweaks be within reason?

19 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I wonder if the devils will be trying to trade down if they don’t need #2, even if it’s swapping with Arizona who would probably be fans of Cooley.

What if a three way deal exists where Arizona moves up to 2, and MTL trades for 3, drafting Nemec (my personal #3 pick)

NJD would net Petry and Chychrun, giving up 2nd OA and a prospect like Mukamadulin 

Arizona nets 2nd OA and Mukamadulin, Calgary’s first rounder (from MTL) and a second round pick from MTL. They give up Chychrun and the 3rd OA. 

Montreal nets the 3rd OA pick. Give up Petry, Calgary’s pick, and a second round pick.

Now tell me where where it’s completely ridiculous hahah. Regardless of my evaluations likely being off, could something like this with tweaks be within reason?

Why would be giving up so much to move down?

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why would be giving up so much to move down?

2 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

elaborate, who do you think is giving up too much

Perhaps he misread and thinks Habs are giving up #1

33 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I like the idea ... but the NJDs already have Hamilton and their leading TOI defenceman Severson as RHD ... don't think Petry fits a need for them.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I like the idea ... but the NJDs already have Hamilton and their leading TOI defenceman Severson as RHD ... don't think Petry fits a need for them.

Hmm good point. Maybe Petry isn’t a fit. Could another player be swapped in and it work? Gallagher? 

Just now, Meller93 said:

Hmm good point. Maybe Petry isn’t a fit. Could another player be swapped in and it work? Gallagher? 

I doubt any contract/player the Habs want to move out would work in a deal to acquire a high draft pick.

34 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

elaborate, who do you think is giving up too much

If they aren’t getting anything to move down (Petry, Chychrun are going to Devils), why would the habs move down. Not sure why would the habs want to give up players to move down to 3?

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I doubt any contract/player the Habs want to move out would work in a deal to acquire a high draft pick.

Yeeeea probably. Now that we got 1st OA my greedy ass is scheming up ways to pick twice in the top 3 hahaha

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Perhaps he misread and thinks Habs are giving up #1

Yeah, that’s how I read it.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

If they aren’t getting anything to move down (Petry, Chychrun are going to Devils), why would the habs move down. Not sure why would the habs want to give up players to move down to 3?

The first pick is not included in the trade proposal hahah

Just now, Meller93 said:

The first pick is not included in the trade proposal hahah

Yeah. I figured that out reading subsequent posts. I was thinking you were nuts, and were more concerned with trying to dump Petry.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah. I figured that out reading subsequent posts. I was thinking you were nuts, and were more concerned with trying to dump Petry.

I thought Petry after his second half resurgence wasn’t seen as a cap issue anymore, figured he had some reasonable value. Maybe that’s where my evaluation is most off.

I just envision New Jersey believing they are 2 pieces away from being a dark horse contender (along with progression from Hischier, J. Hughes, and Holtz. 

Petry probably isn’t the best fit for them as mentioned above though.

id love for something along these lines to work though 

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

I can see the scenario with Seattle instead of Arizona. They would definitely want Cooley.

Montreal
out: Petry & CGY 1st (25th) & EDM 2nd (54th)

in: SEA 1st (4th)

New Jersey:

out: NJD 1st (2nd), prospect (Salminen, Misul, Okhotiuk, ...)

in: Petry, Dunn

Seattle:

out: SEA 1st (4th), Dunn

in: NJD 1st (2nd), CGY 1st (25th), EDM 2nd (54th) and NJD prospect

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I can see the scenario with Seattle instead of Arizona. They would definitely want Cooley.

Montreal
out: Petry & CGY 1st (25th) & EDM 2nd (54th)

in: SEA 1st (4th)

New Jersey:

out: NJD 1st (2nd), prospect (Salminen, Misul, Okhotiuk, ...)

in: Petry, Dunn

Seattle:

out: SEA 1st (4th), Dunn

in: NJD 1st (2nd), CGY 1st (25th), EDM 2nd (54th) and NJD prospect

Same issue ... NJDs already have two minute eating RHD (Hamilton, Severson) ... don't think Petry is a need for them

I don't believe management will look for anymore pics in this year's draft trading players regarding our players.  If they move up Calgary's pick and our 2nd round pick maybe in play to move up. I think they're going to be asking for picks in next year's draft.

Drouin 
Byron 
Petry
Gallagher
Hoffman 
Savard 

They're going to be asking for picks in next year's draft.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

There are maybe two players in the organization that a team might consider moving a top-three pick for - Caufield and Suzuki.  If one of those players isn't in an offer, the Habs aren't adding another top-three pick.

54 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I don't believe management will look for anymore pics in this year's draft trading players regarding our players.  If they move up Calgary's pick and our 2nd round pick maybe in play to move up. I think they're going to be asking for picks in next year's draft.

Drouin 
Byron 
Petry
Gallagher
Hoffman 
Savard 

They're going to be asking for picks in next year's draft.

Other than Petry I'm not certain any of those players have any real value at the moment ... and Petry depends on how much weight other teams afford his history and/or the modest "uptick" in his game towards the end of this season

A trade that could be good for both teams would be us and  Vancouver. They're a bubble team that wants to make the playoffs but have little cap space we have Weber's contract that would help them. 

Vancouver picks 15th how about this trade 

Vancouver get

Calgary's 1st round pick and Weber's LTIR which would give Vancouver $7.8mil in cap space 

Habs get

Vancouver's 1st round pick 15th overall 

Think it works out good for both teams. 

Adding a player that is already on LTIR doesn't create any cap space. It essentially only allows you to exceed the cap by the amount of that player's contract: essentially, your remaining space is the same, only now without flexibility.