Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I guess you are assuming that Mailloux will never play in Montreal as he is likely closer to the NHL than anyone drafted mid-first this season ... you may well be right, but I am not so certain.

Mailloux is a little closer but how much.  Hes played like a dozen ohl games and a couple dozen games in a third tier swedish league in the last two years.  Im really concerned about his development.

I absolutely would trade 26, mailloux and tuch for 16.

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Interesting.  The value I think is a little steep but it depends on their valuation of Mailloux.  If they're not signing him, they'd peg his value at the compensation pick which is a late 2nd and if that's substituted in for him in your proposal, the value is pretty close.  Slide down ten picks, get a decent prospect and a future late 2nd in return.  Sounds reasonable if Buffalo is looking for extra depth.

I'm one of the ones that thinks Mailloux has more upside than what's out there and I think Tuch is primed for a bounce-back year next season so I'd hold onto him in the hopes his value rebounds (and becomes signable) so I wouldn't do that deal myself but it's a decent proposal.

I agree that Mailloux has a lot of upside and I think they peg his value at higher than a late 2nd. Hughes is smart, he will try and get maximum value if he trades him, otherwise he will wait. 

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Mailloux is a little closer but how much.  Hes played like a dozen ohl games and a couple dozen games in a third tier swedish league in the last two years.  Im really concerned about his development.

I absolutely would trade 26, mailloux and tuch for 16.

That's what makes this discussion interesting.  He hasn't played much but a lot of chatter about him having a very high ceiling so what value do you place on him? He could be the piece teams are looking for if Montreal wants to trade up. 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's what makes this discussion interesting.  He hasn't played much but a lot of chatter about him having a very high ceiling so what value do you place on him? He could be the piece teams are looking for if Montreal wants to trade up. 

I valued him as a late first, where he was drafted.

Tuch i dropped in value cause hes done absolutely nothing since his draft.  He looks terrible

26 + 31 + late pick for 16 seems fair.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I valued him as a late first, where he was drafted.

Tuch i dropped in value cause hes done absolutely nothing since his draft.  He looks terrible

26 + 31 + late pick for 16 seems fair.

I agree. It does seem fair. Hughes has a lot of pieces he can use (Mailloux being one of them) to move up. 

If not for his disastrous 'mistake' no one would be talking about trading Mailloux.

Therefore trading him is by definition not likely to be a hockey move, but rather a PR move.

Therefore we shouldn't do it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I agree that Mailloux has a lot of upside and I think they peg his value at higher than a late 2nd. Hughes is smart, he will try and get maximum value if he trades him, otherwise he will wait. 

When does he have to be signed by before he goes back into draft? 2023 draft?

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

we shouldn't do it.

He simply hasnt played enough to even guess what he should be valued at, other than pick #62 if goes unsigned.

40 minutes ago, DON said:

He simply hasnt played enough to even guess what he should be valued at, other than pick #62 if goes unsigned.

That's what makes the discussion interesting is that it is not clear cut what exactly his value is yet  but he certainly has value. 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

image.png

So as far as I can recall, he can still go to training camp without being signed right?

I think one of the things to also consider, is whether he himself wants to avoid the Montreal market, because of the additional scrutiny with the media, and the fact theirs also the infamy from him being picked last year. I would think that the team and him would have had those discussions. Even he didn’t initiate the discussion. You would think the team would have asked the question with a new Mgmt team in place. I don’t expect any of those types of discussions to be made public, because if he doesn’t want to be in Montreal- it’s bad for both. For the team it would reduce his value. For the player, disclosing he is afraid of the market.

I guess we will find out probably by the draft. 

If he looks good in camp, do we sign him? I think he absolutely should be sent back to junior, but I wouldn’t want to oak losing him for nothing, if he isn’t moved, and isn’t signed either (late 2nd is not much compensation).

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So as far as I can recall, he can still go to training camp without being signed right?

I think one of the things to also consider, is whether he himself wants to avoid the Montreal market, because of the additional scrutiny with the media, and the fact theirs also the infamy from him being picked last year. I would think that the team and him would have had those discussions. Even he didn’t initiate the discussion. You would think the team would have asked the question with a new Mgmt team in place. I don’t expect any of those types of discussions to be made public, because if he doesn’t want to be in Montreal- it’s bad for both. For the team it would reduce his value. For the player, disclosing he is afraid of the market.

I guess we will find out probably by the draft. 

If he looks good in camp, do we sign him? I think he absolutely should be sent back to junior, but I wouldn’t want to oak losing him for nothing, if he isn’t moved, and isn’t signed either (late 2nd is not much compensation).

he was not invited to camp last year, or the black aces or to watch a game from the forum lodge at any point which is something that is usual for 1st rounders.

I do not think he has been invited to rookie or development camp this summer. New darft picks usually get invited for the orientation, meet the training staff and to work on a plan. He has been kept away and Molson had been adamant that he does not want him to show up in Montreal at this moment

from a hockey development point, he is not being given a fair chance in Montreal because of the off ice issues. Might as well cut the cord and trade him for another RD that could benefit from the new development gurus the Habs have

he was not invited to camp last year, or the black aces or to watch a game from the forum lodge at any point which is something that is usual for 1st rounders.

I do not think he has been invited to rookie or development camp this summer. New darft picks usually get invited for the orientation, meet the training staff and to work on a plan. He has been kept away and Molson had been adamant that he does not want him to show up in Montreal at this moment

from a hockey development point, he is not being given a fair chance in Montreal because of the off ice issues. Might as well cut the cord and trade him for another RD that could benefit from the new development gurus the Habs have

We have no idea if he will be invited to rookie camp or not.  That announcement will be after the draft.

As for last year, he wasnt invited as the Habs wanted him to focus on the things he needed to do off ice, and that was a different management group.

• Like 2

Molson made the decision not to invite Mailloux to Montreal last year, he said so in a press conference.

I would be very surprise he is invited this summer

1 hour ago, DON said:

If not traded and shoulder all healed, why wouldnt he be invited?

I just believe that Molson, not the hockey operations folks… Molson doesn’t want him in Montreal just yet (or ever).

From how strongly he has been on this topic every time he has talked to the media, that is my impression 

Molson made the decision not to invite Mailloux to Montreal last year, he said so in a press conference.

I would be very surprise he is invited this summer

Molson was also consulted on and approved the decision to draft him.

They said the lack of development camp and rookie camp was a one year thing.  I will be surprised if hes not there this year.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Molson was also consulted on and approved the decision to draft him.

They said the lack of development camp and rookie camp was a one year thing.  I will be surprised if hes not there this year.

we'll find out later this summer, I can't wait. A few weeks to go.

8 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I just believe that Molson, not the hockey operations folks… Molson doesn’t want him in Montreal just yet (or ever).

From how strongly he has been on this topic every time he has talked to the media, that is my impression 

Again, i hope Molson has and will have zero very little to do with any prospect decisions.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Again, i hope Molson has and will have zero very little to do with any prospect decisions.

that is why this one sticks out like a sore thumb. Molson rarely gets involved, but he came out swinging after the Mailloux draft backslash 

that is why this one sticks out like a sore thumb. Molson rarely gets involved, but he came out swinging after the Mailloux draft backslash 

Yes. But it was a year ago. Much has happened since then: new VP, new GM, new player/hockey development, new coach -- and Mailloux's on- and (particularly) off-ice development.

Let's wait a few weeks and see what happens. Mailloux has some baggage but he also undeniably has significant potential.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Yes. But it was a year ago. Much has happened since then: new VP, new GM, new player/hockey development, new coach -- and Mailloux's on- and (particularly) off-ice development.

Let's wait a few weeks and see what happens. Mailloux has some baggage but he also undeniably has significant potential.

Agree.  Whatever Hughes does it will be well thought out decision. I expect Mailloux will only be traded if the Habs find a partner to trade up and Mailloux is the final piece to make it happen otherwise they will watch his development closely with the Knights.