Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, huzer said:

Trading Guhle would feel like trading McDonough. The Habs have traded out of enough young dmen, it'd be nice if they finally kept one.

Yeah. I’m sick of us trading too prospects. We need to dump old broken down old guys, not the up and coming guys. 

framework for any trades to move up should be Gallagher (untradable until he shows he isn’t done), Petry, Hoffman, Savard, Dvorak, a Poehling. None of those guys is going to bring a high pick.

only team I think we might have a shot is with Petry and Philly, but we’d have to also take a bad contract back.

27 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

only team I think we might have a shot is with Petry and Philly, but we’d have to also take a bad contract back.

Maybe Philly and Dallas if they don't sign Klingberg.  I think signing Tortorella indicates that Philly is not thinking rebuild and will be making moves to help them short term.  Might be an opportunity to trade some veterans there. 

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Boggled how anyone could even suggest trading our top prospect during a rebuild. That would be beyond stupidity. 

It’s not stupidity.  The return would have to be superb.  If a Guhle trade can shave a year off the rebuild, it may be worth it.  The likelihood of a trade like that materializing is almost nonexistent.  

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

It’s not stupidity.  The return would have to be superb.  

Yup. It would have to be a great return to trade Guhle.  Again, nobody is suggesting they trade Guhle , only suggesting that his value is really high and Hughes has said he would listen to offers for anybody if it would help the team. 

38 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Why all hatred on Dvorak? I want to keep him for the rebuild. Might even flourish under Marty as coach.

Dvorak has scored the last two years (AZ and Montreal) at about a 55-point pace, on two low-scoring teams. To me that's plenty good enough for a 2C/3C for the next few years. And that's at $1.5M less AAV than a certain 3rd overall draft pick.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

On the Hughes press conference, he said that the interest in Petry was going up, and he was fielding more calls. Whether he can pull a winning deal out of the hat remains to be seen.

48 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Why all hatred on Dvorak? I want to keep him for the rebuild. Might even flourish under Marty as coach.

Not hatred. Hated the price for him - I think we overpaid. I would have preferred we kept the picks.

I think he’d be a good 3rd line centre on a good team, and a stop gap 2nd line centre on our team. If I can move a player like that as part of a package that gives the opportunity to draft a top pairing dman, I’d do that trade any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Dvorak has scored the last two years (AZ and Montreal) at about a 55-point pace, on two low-scoring teams. 

Yup, he is pretty safe player, gut feeling he will have a solid year next season and should be good fit with Suzuki, Wright, for next couple years anyways.

Yet another Mr Potato-Head trade proposal 🥔 :

To PHI:  Anderson($5.5M until 2027), Poehling ($750 until 2023) and (CGY)2022#25

TO MTL: 2022#2 2022#5 and a contract like Lindholm ($3M until 2023)

Montreal gets that other top pick and a bottom winger that if bought out would only cost $666,667 for two seasons. Habs can back-fill 4C with Dauphin, Belzile or Wright.

Philadelphia gets Anderson, a bottom-6 center that (IMHO) could be a really good LW for Tortorella and a late 1st round pick. Both Anderson and Poehling would fit well in PHI and the cap hit is manageable.

Edited by alfredoh2009
fixed error

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yet another Mr Potato-Head trade proposal 🥔 :

To PHI:  Anderson($5.5M until 2027), Poehling ($750 until 2023) and (CGY)2022#25

TO MTL: 2022#2 and a contract like Lindholm ($3M until 2023)

Montreal gets that other top pick and a bottom winger that if bought out would only cost $666,667 for two seasons. Habs can back-fill 4C with Dauphin, Belzile or Wright.

Philadelphia gets Anderson, a bottom-6 center that (IMHO) could be a really good LW for Tortorella and a late 1st round pick. Both Anderson and Poehling would fit well in PHI and the cap hit is manageable.

That is not unreasonable.  I assume you meant  2022 #5 pick and Lindblom and the Calgary pick is 26. 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That is not unreasonable.  I assume you meant  2022 #5 pick and Lindblom and the Calgary pick is 26. 

5H!7, yeah!

I'll go fix my post

I really think the Flyers are willing to deal the #5 pick, Tortorella is not a rebuild coach, one of their best forwards (Farabee) will likely miss some time  early.  They don't want to get off to a bad start. 

Would Anderson and #26 be enough to net the #5 pick?  Do we need to throw in an extra 3rd rounder or two?  Is there an opportunity to take the last year of Van Riemsdyk's contract ?   Could Petry be part of the deal? There will be a lot of good players available at #5 and I think there is an opportunity here. 

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/philadelphia-flyers-joel-farabee-out-3-4-months-after-disc-replacement-surgery/

Here is my new trade proposal. 

To Philly

Jeff Petry,  the #26 pick  (and maybe the #64 pick,  Philly doesn't have a 2nd rounder)

To Montreal

#5 pick  and James Van Riemsdyk (only has 1 year left)

Habs use the #5 pick to get either a potential top 2 defensemen (Nemec or Jiricek) or another high end forward and JVR's contract is gone in a year. 

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I really think the Flyers are willing to deal the #5 pick, Tortorella is not a rebuild coach ...

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

To Philly

Jeff Petry,  the #26 pick  (and maybe the #64 pick,  Philly doesn't have a 2nd rounder)

To Montreal

Habs use the #5 pick to get either a potential top 2 defensemen (Nemec or Jiricek) or another high end forward and JVR's contract is gone in a year. 

I agree Torts doesn't seem like a rebuild coach, and if Philly wants to make any significant roster changes they will need cap space.

I wonder ... *** IF *** the Flyers went for that deal, then might JVR (50% retained) and Anderson be the basis of a deal for the #2 pick?  

To quote Lotto 6/49 ... 1st, 2nd, 5th ... JUST IMAGINE (yes I know it won't happen)

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

To Philly

To Montreal

I don’t feel like Petry has that much value, and at 1 year left JVR isn’t a burden. I feel like it would take a lot more, perhaps an NHL ready prospect like Ylonen and another pick.

Petry, Ylonen, 26th, and 66th

For JVR and 5.

that leaves

Anderson, 33rd, 62nd, and Harris for #2.

I mean, it’ll never happen but it’s fun 

47 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I don’t feel like Petry has that much value, and at 1 year left JVR isn’t a burden. I feel like it would take a lot more, perhaps an NHL ready prospect like Ylonen and another pick.

Petry, Ylonen, 26th, and 66th

For JVR and 5.

that leaves

Anderson, 33rd, 62nd, and Harris for #2.

I mean, it’ll never happen but it’s fun 

I know it's hard to determine how much value Petry has (he certainly has some)  and how badly Philly wants to dump JVR's contract.  It might take more than I suggested. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I agree Torts doesn't seem like a rebuild coach, and if Philly wants to make any significant roster changes they will need cap space.

I wonder ... *** IF *** the Flyers went for that deal, then might JVR (50% retained) and Anderson be the basis of a deal for the #2 pick?  

To quote Lotto 6/49 ... 1st, 2nd, 5th ... JUST IMAGINE (yes I know it won't happen)

It is fun to IMAGINE!!

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I really think the Flyers are willing to deal the #5 pick, Tortorella is not a rebuild coach, one of their best forwards (Farabee) will likely miss some time  early.  They don't want to get off to a bad start. 

Would Anderson and #26 be enough to net the #5 pick?  Do we need to throw in an extra 3rd rounder or two?  Is there an opportunity to take the last year of Van Riemsdyk's contract ?   Could Petry be part of the deal? There will be a lot of good players available at #5 and I think there is an opportunity here.

Generally speaking, if you're parting with a top-five pick, the element that makes or breaks an offer shouldn't be a mid-round draft pick or two.  The value needs to be there in the key asset or two coming back and if it isn't, extra mid-round picks won't move the needle.

I don't think the Flyers have any intention of moving that pick out.  They want to shake up their core players (think Konecny for another forward).  If they can move van Riemsdyk without taking money back, they'll go hard after Gaudreau as a free agent and with him suggesting in the past he'd like to play there, they'd have a good chance at getting him.  That would be a better scenario for them than moving that fifth pick for a pricey defenceman coming off a bad year, especially when they're going to need the money they'd be giving Petry to re-sign Sanheim next summer when he's UFA-eligible.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

No.  JVR at even 50% as a one-year rental isn't worth a lot.  A package headlined by Anderson isn't worth the #2 pick.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Generally speaking, if you're parting with a top-five pick, the element that makes or breaks an offer shouldn't be a mid-round draft pick or two.  The value needs to be there in the key asset or two coming back and if it isn't, extra mid-round picks won't move the needle.

I don't think the Flyers have any intention of moving that pick out.  They want to shake up their core players (think Konecny for another forward).  If they can move van Riemsdyk without taking money back, they'll go hard after Gaudreau as a free agent and with him suggesting in the past he'd like to play there, they'd have a good chance at getting him.  That would be a better scenario for them than moving that fifth pick for a pricey defenceman coming off a bad year, especially when they're going to need the money they'd be giving Petry to re-sign Sanheim next summer when he's UFA-eligible.

No.  JVR at even 50% as a one-year rental isn't worth a lot.  A package headlined by Anderson isn't worth the #2 pick.

I tend to agree that an extra mid round pick likely won't make the difference.  I don't see how they would move Van Riemsdyk without either taking some money back or offering up something of value.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I tend to agree that an extra mid round pick likely won't make the difference.  I don't see how they would move Van Riemsdyk without either taking some money back or offering up something of value.

Absolutely, it will cost something to get Arizona or Buffalo or someone else to take on the full AAV.  But that probably won't be the #5 pick either.  I could see a prospect like Frost being offered up as the incentive.

Here is another trade proposal and this one assumes Dallas decides not to resign Klingberg which we likely won't know until after the draft as free agency starts July 13th.

To Montreal

Dallas's 1st round pick (#18)

To Dallas

Jeff Petry

Pick #26  (or maybe #33 instead if Hughes is shrewd)

Montreal get's to move up in the draft.  Dallas gets to replace Klingberg at a slightly lower cost and still keep a 1st round pick or a very high 2nd round pick.  I don't think Dallas is giving up Mavrik Bourque and Petry alone won't get us a 1st round  pick. 

Generally speaking, a mid-second-round pick plus 26 could get a team to 18.  Is that all Petry is worth, a mid-second-round pick?  I think they're shooting higher than that.

One idea for Dallas proposals, don't forget about Anton Khudobin.  One year left at $3.33M and they are actively trying to move him.  If the Habs took that contract on (goalie depth might not be all that bad of an idea), they should be able to get a better pick/prospect return.

38 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Here is another trade proposal and this one assumes Dallas decides not to resign Klingberg which we likely won't know until after the draft as free agency starts July 13th.

To Montreal

Dallas's 1st round pick (#18)

To Dallas

Jeff Petry

Pick #26  (or maybe #33 instead if Hughes is shrewd)

Montreal get's to move up in the draft.  Dallas gets to replace Klingberg at a slightly lower cost and still keep a 1st round pick or a very high 2nd round pick.  I don't think Dallas is giving up Mavrik Bourque and Petry alone won't get us a 1st round  pick. 

HuGort have not sold low on any of our players and I don't think that they are going to start with Petry.