Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

4 hours ago, DON said:

AND which of the 4 would ever consider trading down? None of them, is likely a very safe bet, no?  

Depends entirely on whether ownership of any of Anaheim, Columbus or San Jose are so anxious to try to get back into the playoffs that they would prioritize immediate help over a higher draft position.

On 5/9/2023 at 9:08 PM, GHT120 said:

Depends entirely on whether ownership of any of Anaheim, Columbus or San Jose are so anxious to try to get back into the playoffs that they would prioritize immediate help over a higher draft position.

I mean with the supposed depth of this draft... I could see it.

Also I could easily see it if one of them is keen on Mitchkov for example and trade down to 5 with some knowledge on who is drafting 2-4. But get another pick to help mitigate the risk.

Is there any reason at all to think EDM would be interested in Jake Allen? A veteran stabilizer? I know the conventional view is that the Oilers need a stud, but those being hard to come by - and given that the league has moved away from the 'Carey Price' model anyway - maybe Allen could be part of their answer on the back end.

That said, I wouldn't be interested in the obvious quid pro quo of taking back Jack Campbell's contract (unless they added a huge sweetener). So we ourselves would then need to find another G. I have no idea if there is any plausible trade to be made here at all...just throwing it out there, really, to see if anyone finds it of interest.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Is there any reason at all to think EDM would be interested in Jake Allen? A veteran stabilizer? I know the conventional view is that the Oilers need a stud, but those being hard to come by - and given that the league has moved away from the 'Carey Price' model anyway - maybe Allen could be part of their answer on the back end.

That said, I wouldn't be interested in the obvious quid pro quo of taking back Jack Campbell's contract (unless they added a huge sweetener). So we ourselves would then need to find another G. I have no idea if there is any plausible trade to be made here at all...just throwing it out there, really, to see if anyone finds it of interest.

I just don't see a trade there given the long term contracts of Campbell/Skinner.  I see Allen as more of a trade deadline deal if the Habs are out of the playoffs and a contender needs a back up/depth guy because of injuries. I don't see the Oilers making any changes in net at this point. They need Campbell to rebound. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

New Jersey would be a team I'd be looking at trading for Allen.  Their goaltending is kind of a mess. 

Schmid + Allen could be a decent tandem for them.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

New Jersey would be a team I'd be looking at trading for Allen.  Their goaltending is kind of a mess. 

Vanecek had a rough postseason for sure but I think he's a better regular season option than Allen at this stage of his career.  Perhaps more importantly, he's cheaper than Allen which is critical with Meier and Bratt both in line for big-ticket deals this summer.

If Habs trade up;

As Hughes said he tried to do last year, how far can they jump up?

What could they get with Fla 1st pick & 37th pick.

"...The pick they’d package along with Florida’s 1st round pick (29th to 32nd) would likely dictate how far the Canadiens could jump, as the 37th overall pick could help them rise between three and five spots, while their 3rd-round pick could give them a boost of two spots...."

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/05/15/montreal-canadiens-potential-trade-up-options-for-canadiens-at-2023-nhl-draft/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DON said:

If Habs trade up;

As Hughes said he tried to do last year, how far can they jump up?

What could they get with Fla 1st pick & 37th pick.

"...The pick they’d package along with Florida’s 1st round pick (29th to 32nd) would likely dictate how far the Canadiens could jump, as the 37th overall pick could help them rise between three and five spots, while their 3rd-round pick could give them a boost of two spots...."

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/05/15/montreal-canadiens-potential-trade-up-options-for-canadiens-at-2023-nhl-draft/

Chicago isn't going to trade Bedard ... Arizona are in perpetual rebuild mode and I don't see an end-of first or early 2nd-rd pick as enough to get them to swap.

So the POTENTIAL targets might be San Jose (4 years out of the playoffs after making it 18 of the previous 20 seasons) and Columbus (only 6 playoff appearances in their 23 years, 3 straight out after a 4yr playoff run that included one 1st-rd victory).

San Jose faces a decision ... try to move Karlsson, maybe even Couture, and re-tool around Hertl or continue to lean on the veterans and go for the Cup ... ***IF*** the choice is the former, I think there is no deal as a late first or early second round pick just isn't enough ... ***IF*** it is the latter, then what does SJ need as the additional piece(s) in the form of NHL/NHL-ready players ... OR ... maybe taking a BAD contract off their hands in the form of Marc-Édouard Vlasic (3 yrs @ $7M, their 6D in terms of TOI, holder of only a 3 team NTC) ... in that case, could the Habs offer enough NHL/NHL-ready talent to not even have to give up the 5th pick?

Columbus makes the most sense as a potential trade target ... they are a young team so the right NHL player(s) might entice them.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Chicago isn't going to trade Bedard ... Arizona are in perpetual rebuild mode and I don't see an end-of first or early 2nd-rd pick as enough to get them to swap.

So the POTENTIAL targets might be San Jose (4 years out of the playoffs after making it 18 of the previous 20 seasons) and Columbus (only 6 playoff appearances in their 23 years, 3 straight out after a 4yr playoff run that included one 1st-rd victory).

I agree, and I think Anaheim is almost certainly going to take Fantilli and won't trade that pick.  I think it  depends on whether there is a guy that Hughes really really wants in that Carlsson/Smith/Michkov grouping. If they think that Carlsson is the guy to be that stud center with Suzuki then trading up to get that #3 pick makes perfect sense.  Would 5 + 32 +37 get it done?  They have enough good prospects right now, they need elite talent.  Could the guy they want fall to #5?  Maybe but doubtful.  Maybe they would be equally happy with either Carlsson/Smith/Michkov and won't consider trading up. We can only speculate and I am sure Hughes won't tip his hand. 

Caufield + 5th + Florida's pick + 2/3 of Owen Beck/Joshua Roy/ Adam Engström/Jayden Struble/Riley Kidney/Filip Mešár

for

Keller + Cooley + 12th 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Not moving Caufield

I understand your perspective ... but it is dangerous to "fall in love" with players ... ANY player ... I am getting nervous about CC's contract ... he will get signed but I fear it will be for too much, for not long enough.

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Just a quick note, that Friedman tweet is from a fake, not the real one.  Having said that, there seems to be some speculation that Keller could be made available at some point.

@#$%^*&()_+_)*^$&%#$%#^&*()

I have to pay better attention to that!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Caufield + 5th + Florida's pick + 2/3 of Owen Beck/Joshua Roy/ Adam Engström/Jayden Struble/Riley Kidney/Filip Mešár

for

Keller + Cooley + 12th 

We finally have a guy who like like he is gong to be a stud in Caufield, and people want to trade him🙄

only way I’d even consider trading him is if we are getting Chicago’s #1 pick this year. Otherwise no thanks. The kid has been big in the few big games he’s had a chance to play. Looks to be our first 50 goal guy since Richer and Lafleur. We are in our 4th decade of not having a 50 goal scorer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Plutarch said:

Question... What are people's thoughts on getting Connor Garland or Brock Boeser out of Vancouver for our RW?

Likely cheap given caphits.

Or maybe Anthony Beauvillier?

21 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I understand your perspective ... but it is dangerous to "fall in love" with players ... ANY player ... I am getting nervous about CC's contract ... he will get signed but I fear it will be for too much, for not long enough.

Agree with this bit, but Caufield is going no where. 

Kinda think he & Captain Suzy are untouchable.

What is the worry about Caufield's contract, i dont get that? If he gets 8 years at $8-9m, isnt that fine?

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Agree with this bit, but Caufield is going no where. 

Kinda think he & Captain Suzy are untouchable.

What is the worry about Caufield's contract, i dont get that? If he gets 8 years at $8-9m, isn't that fine?

My fear is he will want a short-term bridge (2-3 years) and still want at least Suzuki money ... CC says all the right things but the confidence that gives him that smirky-smile may well also lead him to "bet on himself" since this is a world where the cap seems about ready to start climbing again.

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

My fear is he will want a short-term bridge (2-3 years) and still want at least Suzuki money ... CC says all the right things but the confidence that gives him that smirky-smile may well also lead him to "bet on himself" since this is a world where the cap seems about ready to start climbing again.

Sorry, dont have any misgivings or what not about his upcoming contract.

But do see more & more articles beating the drum to worry...is the slow season.

Some folks are still whining about Subban's deal, like they were the ones paying him or something.

I never got that?

4 hours ago, Plutarch said:

Question... What are people's thoughts on getting Connor Garland or Brock Boeser out of Vancouver for our RW?

Likely cheap given caphits.

Not unless they somehow agree to bring Gallagher home! We need D!

3 hours ago, DON said:

Sorry, dont have any misgivings or what not about his upcoming contract.

But do see more & more articles beating the drum to worry...is the slow season.

Some folks are still whining about Subban's deal, like they were the ones paying him or something.

I never got that?

The concern, on my part anyway, is the impact on the cap going forward and how that could impact the roster coming out of the rebuild.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Not unless they somehow agree to bring Gallagher home! We need D!

What are you thinking d wise? Obviously Edmonston moved for anything... Wideman is likely not relevant unless injuries pile up

Mattheson LD Savard rd

Guhle LD  Barron rd

Harris LD Kovacevic rd

Xhejak ld

With so many young d are you thinking some sort of idea where we improve on Savard? Flip a young d for an older better guy?

Garland has 3 years at 4.95 left.  

I wouldn't give up a lot for him.   This could essentially be trading for a small upgrade on Hoffman but one signed for 2 more years.  Not exactly that attractive. 

Boeser is at 6.65 for this year and next.  Again a lot of money for a guy who has fallen off greatly from when he signed the deal.