Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

IF the canes took 40% of semins cap hit AND threw in their #1 overall is the only way I'd trade foe Semin. I would than buy him out and hope for mcdavid.

picked this quote up from Spectors site

An NHL scout believes the only way the Carolina Hurricanes could move overpaid underachiever Alexander Semin via trade is to absorb 40 percent of his remaining contract.

and Spectors view of it all:

Even by picking up nearly half of Semins contract, I doubt the Hurricanes will find any takers. He simply doesnt have a good reputation.

Guest Stogey24

I wouldnt trade Moan straight up for Semin

But he could play the goon role!

Yeah, looks like he may have some talent playing the Bongos too(Marc Staal fight).

To FLA

Rene Bourque

To MTL

Tomas Fleischmann

I'm guessing there's a similar logic to my Bourque/Cole proposal from before - take on the higher salary this year but one less year on the contract. Both are players who could really use a change of scenery and Bourque's lower salary would actually be meaningful to a cost-conscientious Florida team. What might give Bergevin pause is that Fleischmann is not a playoff performer while Bourque has had two straight good postseason runs. But if they're just looking to get out of the contract for next year to free up some cap space, this could be a reasonable way to do it.

Guest Stogey24

To FLA

Rene Bourque

To MTL

Tomas Fleischmann

I've heard you chirp a few times about Montreal's style of play, calling it European. Yet you want Semin and Fleishman? 8 goals for Fleischman last year and one apple this year at 4.5 mill. No thanks

I've heard you chirp a few times about Montreal's style of play, calling it European. Yet you want Semin and Fleishman? 8 goals for Fleischman last year and one apple this year at 4.5 mill. No thanks

Fair enough.

To FLA

Rene Bourque

To MTL

Shawn Thornton

I'm guessing there's a similar logic to my Bourque/Cole proposal from before - take on the higher salary this year but one less year on the contract. Both are players who could really use a change of scenery and Bourque's lower salary would actually be meaningful to a cost-conscientious Florida team. What might give Bergevin pause is that Fleischmann is not a playoff performer while Bourque has had two straight good postseason runs. But if they're just looking to get out of the contract for next year to free up some cap space, this could be a reasonable way to do it.

Plus, all the young kids on Florida need an example to look to. Yep. Gallant could point to Bourque and say "this is what not to be!"

Guest Stogey24

Fair enough.

To FLA

Rene Bourque

To MTL

Shawn Thornton

Plus, all the young kids on Florida need an example to look to. Yep. Gallant could point to Bourque and say "this is what not to be!"

A guy I really like is Zack Kassian. He's by knows means a top line guy, but he can bury and he's gritty dude.

A guy I really like is Zack Kassian. He's by knows means a top line guy, but he can bury and he's gritty dude.

Van is not trading Kassian. He's been their version of Eller - high-ceiling, enigmatic, frustrating - but he is too important organizationally, as their only potential power forward. That said, I'm sure if we dangled someone like Eller, they'd consider it. But we're not getting him for junk like Dourque.

Guest Stogey24

Van is not trading Kassian. He's been their version of Eller - high-ceiling, enigmatic, frustrating - but he is too important organizationally, as their only potential power forward. That said, I'm sure if we dangled someone like Eller, they'd consider it. But we're not getting him for junk like Dourque.

Healthy scratch last night I'm pretty sure. Seems like they don't give him too many minutes out there. You'd know better than me though living in Van'.

Eller for Kassian would be a fun deal. When Vancouver dealt Hodgson they thought he'd bottom out due to his attitude and instead he just didn't meet his potential (which was artificially inflated by Canucks fans in the first place) while Kassian needed to get out of Buffalo to be the tough, no nonsense power forward he was in Windsor (and instead, Vancouver leashed him even harder).

Eller for Kassian would feel like getting a Hodgson back for them.

Healthy scratch last night I'm pretty sure. Seems like they don't give him too many minutes out there. You'd know better than me though living in Van'.

He was not a healthy scratch, he was a late scratch with a sore knee.

There is one possibility, though, which is that the new management team/coaching staff will be less invested in him than the Gillis regime was. Gillis, after all, traded Hodgson for him and had a vested interested in seeing Kasssian succeed. But even so - the new regime knows that they have to bring along young talent, what with the Sedins being on borrowed time, so they too will likely want to give Kassian every chance to develop. Think about it from Vancouver's perspective: are you going to move Kassian for useless, old, expensive garbage (Bourque)? Or are you going to insist on getting a comparable young player back? That's why I say something like Eller for Kassian could work, but we're not getting him for junk.

Eller for Kassian would be a fun deal. When Vancouver dealt Hodgson they thought he'd bottom out due to his attitude and instead he just didn't meet his potential (which was artificially inflated by Canucks fans in the first place) while Kassian needed to get out of Buffalo to be the tough, no nonsense power forward he was in Windsor (and instead, Vancouver leashed him even harder).

Eller for Kassian would feel like getting a Hodgson back for them.

Except Hodgson is considerably more productive than Useless Feller Eller.

I'd be happy to add Kassian to the lineup but let's say we did for Eller and a second. Just so Vancouver chomps. What would our lines look like?

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kassian

Sekac - Plekanec - Gallagher

Prust - Galchenyuk - Parenteau

Moen - Malhotra - Weise

Yikes. That LW depth turns to garbage.

Basically, if Galchenyuk moves to center, we need to replace the center leaving with a good left winger. Which is why if Winnipeg is coming to town and leaving a player? Best they leave Andrew Ladd.

Guest Stogey24

He was not a healthy scratch, he was a late scratch with a sore knee.

There is one possibility, though, which is that the new management team/coaching staff will be less invested in him than the Gillis regime was. Gillis, after all, traded Hodgson for him and had a vested interested in seeing Kasssian succeed. But even so - the new regime knows that they have to bring along young talent, what with the Sedins being on borrowed time, so they too will likely want to give Kassian every chance to develop. Think about it from Vancouver's perspective: are you going to move Kassian for useless, old, expensive garbage (Bourque)? Or are you going to insist on getting a comparable young player back? That's why I say something like Eller for Kassian could work, but we're not getting him for junk.

Except Hodgson is considerably more productive than Useless Feller Eller.

No, I wasn't saying trade Bourque for him. Kassian is just a guy I really like.

No, I wasn't saying trade Bourque for him. Kassian is just a guy I really like.

Fair enough. Kassian has potential, but he also has a fair bit of that Eller-ish "enigmatic" quality to him. He may be a player who is easier to admire from a distance. But he IS two years younger than Eller, so his enigmatic ways are definitely more excusable, and he may well emerge as a 50-point, 20-goal power forward one of these days.