Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I would do that in a heartbeat.

i'd do that in a heartbeat if it was any other d prospect other than Tinordi or Beaulieu. Would need to really think hard about moving Beaulieu.

Current floating rumour: Petry and Yakupov for Beaulieu and Eller. Reported by a TSNHabs radio station.

Allegedly, the rumour came from TSN Ottawa. No one other this one person (who happens to run a small Habs blog) seems to have heard this. I don't think there's much to this one.

i'd do that in a heartbeat if it was any other d prospect other than Tinordi or Beaulieu. Would need to really think hard about moving Beaulieu.

I hate Yakupov, but this team needs another scoring threat, and we're pretty good on puck movers. Plus, it seems like every year a new Anton Stralman appear on the UFA market. Eller and Petry are just side pieces.

Allegedly, the rumour came from TSN Ottawa. No one other this one person (who happens to run a small Habs blog) seems to have heard this. I don't think there's much to this one.

I guess a different TSN (Montreal?) was discussing the same deal without Petry in the afternoon.

Eller and something valuable(Tinordi/Beaulieu for Yakupov.... no F'n way....

Eller and a 2nd or Emelin and Eller or some Garbage for Yakupov, yep!

Yak could be as an elite goal scorer as there is in the league in some time, and with Chucky as his line mate....

Eller and something valuable(Tinordi/Beaulieu for Yakupov.... no F'n way....

Eller and a 2nd or Emelin and Eller or some Garbage for Yakupov, yep!

Yak could be as an elite goal scorer as there is in the league in some time, and with Chucky as his line mate....

Umm...you don't think Emelin is valuable?

Umm...you don't think Emelin is valuable?

Yep, I do, should have said Eller or Emelin and some garbage, was thinking you won't get Yakupov for nothin', and I don't see Emelin as valuable as either young D man....

I do like Emelin, but wouldn't miss him to get that scoring winger....

Guest Stogey24

Yep, I do, should have said Eller or Emelin and some garbage, was thinking you won't get Yakupov for nothin', and I don't see Emelin as valuable as either young D man....I do like Emelin, but wouldn't miss him to get that scoring winger....

Everyone seems to like Emelin in here. I've never been a fan. He has play better lately, but I bet we'll see him in a trade at some point in the near future

Yep, I do, should have said Eller or Emelin and some garbage, was thinking you won't get Yakupov for nothin', and I don't see Emelin as valuable as either young D man....

I do like Emelin, but wouldn't miss him to get that scoring winger....

I'd move Emelin before either Tin-Man or Beaulieu, so I agree, but I think we have to accept that this team without Emelin has a very serious problem on the blueline. He'd leave a hole that would absolutely have to be filled - so that's a move we'd have to think long and hard about.

• Upvote 1

I'd move Emelin before either Tin-Man or Beaulieu, so I agree, but I think we have to accept that this team without Emelin has a very serious problem on the blueline. He'd leave a hole that would absolutely have to be filled - so that's a move we'd have to think long and hard about.

Agreed!

No, I would take Emelin at this exact moment.

A non-scoring offensive and bit shaky jumbo sized d-prospect don't fill me with as much confidence as Emelin or even Weaver.

However IF Beaulieu can help offense and Tinordi improves, in whatever coaches are not liking at the moment and can get 15-20 straight games and a regular shift in, either may be of more use than Emelin;

But that is all hypothetical and hoping for stuff to happen and looking through Rose-Coloured Habglasses.

But no matter, you know one/two of regular d will go down with injury and both should get more icetime to showcase themselves.

• Upvote 1

Nevermind all the "what if" nonsense, the real dilemma we're facing is this: what the hell's wrong with Subban?!

He's afraid of Russians. If Montreal lure Zubov out of retirement to play alongside Markov, Gonchar and Emelin then PK gets traded.

Nevermind all the "what if" nonsense, the real dilemma we're facing is this: what the hell's wrong with Subban?!

First was playing too conservative, now playing too radical.

Needs to find his comfort zone. We first tried to get him used to a new pair mate (Emelin) and then put him back with Markov. That's why I've been pushing for Tinordi to be paired with Subban. I think he'd find some comfort with big T trailing behind.

Needs to find his comfort zone. We first tried to get him used to a new pair mate (Emelin) and then put him back with Markov. That's why I've been pushing for Tinordi to be paired with Subban. I think he'd find some comfort with big T trailing behind.

Yep, fo'sho'...

Guest Stogey24

They looked decent last year for a short stint.

I've had a hard time trying to find a semi-plausible Bourque trade scenario now that he has cleared waivers. This one might work:

To MTL: Olli Jokinen

To NSH: Rene Bourque (30% retained - $1 M in cap, $750k in salary)

Why for MTL? Take on a slightly higher cap hit (details to follow) and mostly get out of the contract for next year at a rate lower than a buyout.

Why for NSH? Jokinen has been terrible this year. In 16 games, he has as many points as I do. It's safe to say he's not fitting in. $1.75 M next year is fringe 3rd line/good 4th liner money which is what Bourque more or less is so there's not much financial risk and quite honestly, he'd help them now more than Jokinen is.

The numbers...

Assuming Jokinen stays up, the Habs would add a little over $516,000 pro-rated to their cap for the rest of their season (Jokinen's salary + $1 M retained cap hit - Bourque's buried cost - Bowman who would be sent back to Hamilton). But Jokinen could probably do more than Bowman so the cost is worth it for the upgrade.

If they don't really want Jokinen, they could waive him. If he's claimed, all that's left is the cap hit for the retained money and they gave Bourque away for cap space. I don't think many would be too upset about that.

If they waive him and he clears, the net increase in the cap charge this year would be $166,667 pro-rated (Jokinen's buried cost + $1 M retained cap hit - Bourque's buried cost). But in taking that extra hit, they save the $2.3 M on next year's cap which wouldn't be the worst result.

Trading Bourque is now a math formula...it has come to this. I think that's a decent enough deal for Nashville that they'd consider it while it frees up more money for next year than a buyout would.

Want nothing to do with Jokinen. He is playoff cancer. Been in the playoffs only once or twice his career. Not interested a guy only concerned about the pay cheque and has been a loser his whole career.

I've had a hard time trying to find a semi-plausible Bourque trade scenario now that he has cleared waivers. This one might work:

To MTL: Olli Jokinen

To NSH: Rene Bourque (30% retained - $1 M in cap, $750k in salary)

Why for MTL? Take on a slightly higher cap hit (details to follow) and mostly get out of the contract for next year at a rate lower than a buyout.

Why for NSH? Jokinen has been terrible this year. In 16 games, he has as many points as I do. It's safe to say he's not fitting in. $1.75 M next year is fringe 3rd line/good 4th liner money which is what Bourque more or less is so there's not much financial risk and quite honestly, he'd help them now more than Jokinen is.

The numbers...

Assuming Jokinen stays up, the Habs would add a little over $516,000 pro-rated to their cap for the rest of their season (Jokinen's salary + $1 M retained cap hit - Bourque's buried cost - Bowman who would be sent back to Hamilton). But Jokinen could probably do more than Bowman so the cost is worth it for the upgrade.

If they don't really want Jokinen, they could waive him. If he's claimed, all that's left is the cap hit for the retained money and they gave Bourque away for cap space. I don't think many would be too upset about that.

If they waive him and he clears, the net increase in the cap charge this year would be $166,667 pro-rated (Jokinen's buried cost + $1 M retained cap hit - Bourque's buried cost). But in taking that extra hit, they save the $2.3 M on next year's cap which wouldn't be the worst result.

Trading Bourque is now a math formula...it has come to this. I think that's a decent enough deal for Nashville that they'd consider it while it frees up more money for next year than a buyout would.