Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Nobody should be kicked out the NHL for unsubstantiated internet rumors. If that actually happened, i'm certain the co-ed in question would be hopping on the gravy train.

How about no more "Kanes" in the league, period? These guys seem to be trouble.

And that is why I said "if it was true", obviously rumors can hurt a reputation, like who was sleeping with Ron Corey's wife. We don't know if this actually happened but it would probably make me wonder, when you add it to the bone headed things he has done that we know are true. I would be very leery of having a headcase on our team. We have a good room and do not need any distractions. Besides I think he has not demonstrated the "character" that MB is looking for.

Yvon Pedneault just said on TVA Sport that Carolina is ready to trade two of its best players, Eric Staal and Cam Ward. The team apparently wants to save cash. I sure would like to see Staal in Montreal. But who would we have to trade to get him?

Yvon Pedneault just said on TVA Sport that Carolina is ready to trade two of its best players, Eric Staal and Cam Ward. The team apparently wants to save cash. I sure would like to see Staal in Montreal. But who would we have to trade to get him?

My guess is Eller, Beaulieu/Tinordi and either a first or a conditional first and a second.

And that is why I said "if it was true", obviously rumors can hurt a reputation, like who was sleeping with Ron Corey's wife. We don't know if this actually happened but it would probably make me wonder, when you add it to the bone headed things he has done that we know are true. I would be very leery of having a headcase on our team. We have a good room and do not need any distractions. Besides I think he has not demonstrated the "character" that MB is looking for.

Yeah, he's a jerk alright, it sounds like he's got a drinking problem. Nice to see the Hawks work with him instead of ditching him like Seguin.

I think you are thinking of the wrong Kane.

Yeah, he's a jerk alright, it sounds like he's got a drinking problem. Nice to see the Hawks work with him instead of ditching him like Seguin.

The devils currently are not looking like they will make the playoffs. If they don't they may want to trade Jagr, do we finally bite the bullet and get him for the playoff run? I doubt he would cost much trade wise, and he is an awesome playoff performer. I think he would be a big help, free agent at the end of the year, probably retires after this year. I would see what it take to get him.

The devils currently are not looking like they will make the playoffs. If they don't they may want to trade Jagr, do we finally bite the bullet and get him for the playoff run? I doubt he would cost much trade wise, and he is an awesome playoff performer. I think he would be a big help, free agent at the end of the year, probably retires after this year. I would see what it take to get him.

I don't want Jagr as a rental. He's too old, and between he, Markov, Gonchar and Allen they might as well trade for Gio and get Koivu out of retirement to scrimmage the local old folks' home.

Jagr's last performance in the playoffs with Boston was less than inspiring. (10 assists in 22 games).

I don't want Jagr as a rental. He's too old, and between he, Markov, Gonchar and Allen they might as well trade for Gio and get Koivu out of retirement to scrimmage the local old folks' home.

Jagr's last performance in the playoffs with Boston was less than inspiring. (10 assists in 22 games).

While he didn't put up big numbers for Boston he was actually pretty good for Boston in the playoffs. I remember him controlling the play a lot and almost always seemed to be in opponents zone when he was on the ice. While he's old he's still very tough to get the puck away from.

That being said not very interested in him but won't complain if we got him. Rather then get a rental I would really love to get a core guy to go alongside Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Pacioretty but i'm sure those are hard to find.

Yeah he is old and yet he keeps putting up points. he is 5th all time in playoffs points with 199, behind some guys named gretxky messier kurri and anderson. Apparently they were pretty good at one time. He has said he wanted to play in montreal for a few years now but either he wants too much or we don't want to pay enough, But I think it would be cool to give him one last run at the cup, with Pleks and see what they can do. Believe me we have made way worse investments. He has 17 points in 29 games not spectacular but not bad. It would make him 5th in scoring on our team. He could help the power play, big and hard to get off the puck. I still say I would like to know what Lou Lam would want.

Yeah he is old and yet he keeps putting up points. he is 5th all time in playoffs points with 199, behind some guys named gretxky messier kurri and anderson. Apparently they were pretty good at one time. He has said he wanted to play in montreal for a few years now but either he wants too much or we don't want to pay enough, But I think it would be cool to give him one last run at the cup, with Pleks and see what they can do. Believe me we have made way worse investments. He has 17 points in 29 games not spectacular but not bad. It would make him 5th in scoring on our team. He could help the power play, big and hard to get off the puck. I still say I would like to know what Lou Lam would want.

I don't think Bergevin likes him, there were a few times we easily could've had him yet he passed.

I don't think Bergevin likes him, there were a few times we easily could've had him yet he passed.

I think it was $$$ but I don't know that for a fact. If we pick him up at or before the deadline the dollars are not that much. He gets 3.5 mill plus 2 mill if he plays 45 games. I don't know who or how the bunus works if he gets traded,probably Brian does. He was jerseys leading point getter last year with 67 points not too shabby for an old guy. I think it is worth a shot but you could be right maybe MB just don't like em.

Jagr ripped in the playoffs back when I was in elementary school. Imo, playing Jagr at 2nd line RW cost Boston the Cup.

The stuff about Montreal was likely to drive up his own value. Jagr is only about the money these days, he has nothing left to prove.

Jagr ripped in the playoffs back when I was in elementary school. Imo, playing Jagr at 2nd line RW cost Boston the Cup.

The stuff about Montreal was likely to drive up his own value. Jagr is only about the money these days, he has nothing left to prove.

and yet he continues to do so. I am not a fan but I can see where a guy in his physical condition can still play given the right mates.

and yet he continues to do so. I am not a fan but I can see where a guy in his physical condition can still play given the right mates.

If we were out at a bar, or worked together instead of being on a message board, I would bet 100$ that Jagr puts up less than .5 ppg in the playoffs. Haven't you read any of Habs 30/31's posts? 40 y/o players don't get it done in the playoffs.

Maybe we could pick up Gomez and Ryder too for the playoff run.... :halm:

If we were out at a bar, or worked together instead of being on a message board, I would bet 100$ that Jagr puts up less than .5 ppg in the playoffs. Haven't you read any of Habs 30/31's posts? 40 y/o players don't get it done in the playoffs.

I think it would be more interesting if we were out at a bar with, or worked with 30/31.... :nuts:

I think he is a big floating selfish egomaniac (why Bergy likely hasn't offered him a deal in past?), but he-Plekanec-Sekac might have some funky chemistry and if Jagr is simply a March-to-June rental, maybe be for it?

Guest Stogey24

Maybe we could pick up Gomez and Ryder too for the playoff run.... :halm:

I think it would be more interesting if we were out at a bar with, or worked with 30/31.... :nuts:

Gomez has actually looked pretty good in his start with New Jersey. He was playing with Jagr for a bit, showed some glimpses of his old self. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a good year.

I think MB would do DD, Eller and a pick for Eberle in a heartbeat. Is there any way EDM's " braintrust" could be that stupid/desperate?

Regarding Hall, I think his reported character issues might drive down his value...after all, this is the same Oiler crew that got very little for Gagner after they screwed him up. I don't think he fits the profile of the kind of player MB is trying to build around.

I'd rather do DD + Parenteau + 1st than DD + Eller. If possible. We would be one C short ...

Bournival and Prust can play center if need be.

Patches - Chuck - Eberle

Sekac - Plek - Gally

Ghetto - Bournival/Prust - PAP

Prust/Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

Bournival and Prust can play center if need be.

Patches - Chuck - Eberle

Sekac - Plek - Gally

Ghetto - Bournival/Prust - PAP

Prust/Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

Yes... but no thanks. 3rd line would be weak...

Pax - 27 - Eberle

Sekac - Plek -Getto

Prust - Eller - Gally

Bournival - Manny - Weise

No ?

Why take PAP when they are trying to get rid of Perron?

ssshhhhh don't kill my vibe.

But this is why I throw a 1st rounder in there. to make them accept Parenteau in the deal.

• Upvote 1