Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Just because you don't see the team as a sure-fire contender, doesn't mean you weaken it in the present by removing a useful offensive asset. Move DD when you have an internal replacement, not before.

That actually would be a pretty fair trade in opinion. I would do it to gain the size. I don't see a heck of a lot of difference in the 2.

There's no way Arizona does that. Again, they cannot take on money until their ownership situation gets settled. When that happens, Vermette will likely sign an extension anyways. If not, they'll slide Max Domi as a small centre into that spot. They don't really have a vacancy for Desharnais at centre.

There's no way Arizona does that. Again, they cannot take on money until their ownership situation gets settled. When that happens, Vermette will likely sign an extension anyways. If not, they'll slide Max Domi as a small centre into that spot. They don't really have a vacancy for Desharnais at centre.

As a strictly hockey trade, I still say it looks good. I wasn't really thinking about cap hits but Vermette is 3.75 mill for 1 more year while DD is 3.5 for 4 years. Coyotes probably don't make that deal. But I would.

Guest Stogey24

As a strictly hockey trade, I still say it looks good. I wasn't really thinking about cap hits but Vermette is 3.75 mill for 1 more year while DD is 3.5 for 4 years. Coyotes probably don't make that deal. But I would.

Stranger things have happened

Think of what you'd want in a trade for Tomas Plekanec next year. That's what Arizona's asking price would be. (Plekanec is better offensively but Vermette is younger, cheaper, bigger, better on faceoffs, more versatile in positions; as a result there's comparable value.)

Think of what you'd want in a trade for Tomas Plekanec next year. That's what Arizona's asking price would be. (Plekanec is better offensively but Vermette is younger, cheaper, bigger, better on faceoffs, more versatile in positions; as a result there's comparable value.)

Brian do you not like DD? :) Is there a bias showing through?

Brian do you not like DD? :) Is there a bias showing through?

Nothing to do with bias. In fact, I'm of the mindset that Desharnais should be kept. My point is that Antoine Vermette is criminally underrated. He's a core player that is going to have many, many suitors if he makes it to free agency and many, many suitors if they do decide to trade him. Would you willingly accept a Desharnais-type player for Plekanec next year? I'd say Plekanec would be worth a fair bit more. If you wouldn't take that for Plekanec, why would you expect the Coyotes to for a similar valued player in Vermette?

Nothing to do with bias. In fact, I'm of the mindset that Desharnais should be kept. My point is that Antoine Vermette is criminally underrated. He's a core player that is going to have many, many suitors if he makes it to free agency and many, many suitors if they do decide to trade him. Would you willingly accept a Desharnais-type player for Plekanec next year? I'd say Plekanec would be worth a fair bit more. If you wouldn't take that for Plekanec, why would you expect the Coyotes to for a similar valued player in Vermette?

Ok I just thought that was a good trade. For us. Desharnais is younger less expensive and is a better point getter than Vermette. Those factors should account for something. Vermette is also a French Canadien so trading DD for him is not a circus, no complaints from the Montreal Media. I wouldnt trade Pleks unless we get some good return coming the other way. In my book I don't put Pleks on the block. As I say I only looked at player for player stats wise, salary wise, it seems like a fair deal.

Ok I just thought that was a good trade. For us. Desharnais is younger less expensive and is a better point getter than Vermette. Those factors should account for something. Vermette is also a French Canadien so trading DD for him is not a circus, no complaints from the Montreal Media. I wouldnt trade Pleks unless we get some good return coming the other way. In my book I don't put Pleks on the block. As I say I only looked at player for player stats wise, salary wise, it seems like a fair deal.

i wouldn't move DD or Pleks for Vermette. Vermette is a rental who is probably going to get $6M as a UFA next year. I still think, if we move DD or Pleks, teams like Edmonton (DD or Pleks) or Winnepeg (Pleks) are the best options. I'd want to get younger and cheaper by moving either.

We need one more top 4 man and a scoring winger, but next year we need to resign Galchenyuk, Tinordi, Beaulieu, as well as upgrade on the second pairing dmen (Beaulieu may be one if he finally starts getting ice time like he did tonight on a consistent basis), but I can't see Tinordi improving in Hamilton.

One high price deal, i'd really like to explore is getting Eberle. DD+Emelin+ high prospect or pick for Eberle+Klefbom (Edm media has seemed to really soured on him)?

i wouldn't move DD or Pleks for Vermette. Vermette is a rental who is probably going to get $6M as a UFA next year. I still think, if we move DD or Pleks, teams like Edmonton (DD or Pleks) or Winnepeg (Pleks) are the best options. I'd want to get younger and cheaper by moving either.

We need one more top 4 man and a scoring winger, but next year we need to resign Galchenyuk, Tinordi, Beaulieu, as well as upgrade on the second pairing dmen (Beaulieu may be one if he finally starts getting ice time like he did tonight on a consistent basis), but I can't see Tinordi improving in Hamilton.

One high price deal, i'd really like to explore is getting Eberle. DD+Emelin+ high prospect or pick for Eberle+Klefbom (Edm media has seemed to really soured on him)?

I certainly wouldn't move Pleks for Vermette. DD I would, as Brian says not likely Yotes do that but if they would it is a deal I would jump at. He is not a rental he is signed through 2015/16.

the reason the media are down on klefbom is cause he 1 a and is a -10

Eberle may be a great hockey player one day. So far the jury is hung.He had 1 reasonably good year. I would love to have him but I would say DD and 2 2nd round picks is a fair deal. Some people will say too generous. I would rather keep emelin and leave Klefbom in Edmonchuck at this point. Just my opinion.

I thought Vermette was a UFA this year and the coyotes were waiting for new ownership, so that he can be resigned.

I think eberle and klefbom (as well most high end prospects on EDM), will flourish as soon as the get out of that cesspool. Most dman take longer to develop. Most had written off Hedman until last year - which is why I'm really leery of moving Beaulieu.

Emelin has really been struggling with consistency. Last year I was willing to cut him slack because he was coming off an injury and he is by far the most physical dman we've had since I don't know when. But I've really been disappointed with him this year.

I certainly wouldn't move Pleks for Vermette. DD I would, as Brian says not likely Yotes do that but if they would it is a deal I would jump at. He is not a rental he is signed through 2015/16.

the reason the media are down on klefbom is cause he 1 a and is a -10

Eberle may be a great hockey player one day. So far the jury is hung.He had 1 reasonably good year. I would love to have him but I would say DD and 2 2nd round picks is a fair deal. Some people will say too generous. I would rather keep emelin and leave Klefbom in Edmonchuck at this point. Just my opinion.

There's a lot more to Vermette than goals and assists. He plays tons of PK time (not so much on the PP) and takes a lot of key faceoffs. Basically, he plays the same role for the Coyotes as Plekanec does for the Habs, hence the comparison.

I thought Vermette was a UFA this year and the coyotes were waiting for new ownership, so that he can be resigned.

He is a pending UFA.

Pretty hard to say that, when not a clue what would cost for full time player vs a rental.

Vanek was a very good shot at boosting offense and was nice to be rid of him also.

And maybe JJagr would fit same mold?

we can't continue to drop draft picks and prospects for rentals. Gainey did that and wasted picks on Schneider and Tanguay. Not all rentals will help like Vanek did in last year's push to the playoffs.

I think a package including Fucale+Emelin+ a top end prospect may get it down for Yakupov. Edmonton has been going after aging over-rated dmen (Ference). Emelin is the right age and would be a good fit in a physical western conference. I actually think Emelin is a much better dman than he has been this year and would still be leery of moving him, given how he effective he is when he is on his game and how he drives Lucic and the Bruins nuts every game.

Same here. He's an RFA after this year and has zero leverage for a large pay cheque. He may cost a first and a roster player, but I can guarantee when he leaves Edmonton he starts scoring again.

I'd move a 1st for him. 1st+Fucale+Emelin???

Guest Stogey24

we can't continue to drop draft picks and prospects for rentals. Gainey did that and wasted picks on Schneider and Tanguay. Not all rentals will help like Vanek did in last year's push to the playoffs.

I think a package including Fucale+Emelin+ a top end prospect may get it down for Yakupov. Edmonton has been going after aging over-rated dmen (Ference). Emelin is the right age and would be a good fit in a physical western conference. I actually think Emelin is a much better dman than he has been this year and would still be leery of moving him, given how he effective he is when he is on his game and how he drives Lucic and the Bruins nuts every game.

I'd move a 1st for him. 1st+Fucale+Emelin???

I doubt they want Fucale. I honestly have no idea who would be sent Edmonton's way.

I doubt they want Fucale. I honestly have no idea who would be sent Edmonton's way.

they need a goalie and were reportedly interested in Malcolm Subban from Boston.

I'd be more inclined to offer a 1st, Emelin, and Tokarski, or maybe a center + some deal, too early to give up Fucale in my opinion, we have tons of time to develop him.

Albeit Yakupov would be worth a lot to the Habs, if Galchenyuk says so....

If I'm going after a rental at forward my list is going to be:

1. Mikkel Boedker, Arizona (26, super skilled, might not cost as much if Habs were early to the race on him while others chased a red herring like Chris Stewart, I can envison a Boedker - Eller - Sekac line destroying in the playoffs)

2. Nick Foligno, Columbus (27, wouldn't be cheap, Jackets are gonna go down to the wire for him but I'd want Bergevin in their ear if they can't re-sign him. Jackets are turning things around so they might be a playoff team)

3. Drew Stafford, Buffalo (29, seen better days, would look good on the third line)

4. Antione Vermette, Arizona (32, plays center or wing, already out on the trade block)

5. Jiri Tlusty, Carolina (26, very skilled, should be available for a second rounder)

If I'm going after a rental at defence my list is going to be:

1. Andrej Sekera, Carolina (28, just coming into his own as a top pair guy, probably going to cost a first round pick)

2. Marek Zidlicky, New Jersey (37, another old guy but playing great on a crappy Devils team, right handed)

3. Nick Schultz, Philadelphia (32, seems to play well on bad teams)

Guys I'd avoid: Chris Stewart, Jaromir Jagr, Erik Cole, Michael Ryder, Shawn Horcoff, Martin Erat, Danny Briere, Jan Hejda, Jeff Petry, Martin Havlat, Carlo Coliaccovo)

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Really like Foligno. The thing is he's just another bottom 6 guy and this team desperately needs goal scoring. With Yakupov your getting potential elite player. He's so much better than his play in EDM and I seriously think M.B could weasel a deal out of this player. Him and Chuck have proven chemistry.

Really like Foligno. The thing is he's just another bottom 6 guy and this team desperately needs goal scoring. With Yakupov your getting potential elite player. He's so much better than his play in EDM and I seriously think M.B could weasel a deal out of this player. Him and Chuck have proven chemistry.

If we pull this off and, most important, if it works out well, could be a huge steal. The 2nd "if" is a giant one though... But I sure would be excited about a move to get Yakupov. Very promising scenario here.

Foligno has stepped up in Columbus this year with 17 goals and 14 assists for 31 points. 9 of the goals are on the PP but facts are facts. His numbers are better than Pacioretty's on a crappier team. He's got Yakupov's rookie numbers right now with half a season still to play.

That said I'm with you on wanting Yakupov, especially since I have this fear that Boston will grab him up.

Guest Stogey24

If we pull this off and, most important, if it works out well, could be a huge steal. The 2nd "if" is a giant one though... But I sure would be excited about a move to get Yakupov. Very promising scenario here.

Untapped talent. Calder candidate first year then sucked into the shit vortex of the Oilers. Time for Bergy to pull him out.