Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I think there are projects, then there's Zack Kassian. If he projected to be a puck moving defensemen, solid third line center or defensive defensemen instead of a "power forward" he might be in the minors right now. His play is really uneven, and if he likes the bar/party scene Montreal isn't the place for him. Maybe Winnipeg or Deadmonton.

I think there are projects, then there's Zack Kassian. If he projected to be a puck moving defensemen, solid third line center or defensive defensemen instead of a "power forward" he might be in the minors right now. His play is really uneven, and if he likes the bar/party scene Montreal isn't the place for him. Maybe Winnipeg or Deadmonton.

They have lots of bars in Winterpeg and dEadmonton. It is only their hockey team that is dead not the city. If he wants to find trouble he will. I don't know maybe if Utah had a hockey team?

only you would know that Brian. :)

When these forums first launched, Utah was the current ECHL affiliate so it was easy for me to remember (since I have to pay attention to these things).

Onto more 'entertaining' matters, Bryan Allen... It's likely he'll clear waivers tomorrow as any smart team would wait for the Habs to retain salary and get Allen at a cheaper price, even if it means parting with a late round pick. There are a few teams that could use defencemen:

Winnipeg (5 of their top-7 out)

New Jersey

Minnesota (apparently they're looking for a third pairing guy)

Colorado (I really don't like their bottom pairing, anything would be an upgrade)

Edmonton

For those who might want to add Anaheim to that list, the Habs can't trade Allen back to them as not enough time has elapsed.

All of these teams have the cap space to take Allen on at 50% retention without sending a player back. However, as we've seen a couple of times already this year, the Habs have taken a player back in lieu of retaining salary.

So, make your proposals, you could do Allen for a late pick if you want to make the easy guess. Or, try to find a player to take back that would reduce or eliminate the need to retain salary.

Here's mine:

To MTL: Kyle Brodziak ($2.833 M cap hit, $3 M salary)

To MIN: Bryan Allen

Why for MTL: They save on the cap and get a serviceable 4th line forward with an expiring contract.

Why for MIN: Brodziak has dropped on the depth chart and see his ice time drop by nearly 4 minutes a game this year. Younger players have passed him in the lineup making him expendable while they pick up the veteran blueliner they're seeking for their 3rd pairing.

So, make your proposals, you could do Allen for a late pick if you want to make the easy guess. Or, try to find a player to take back that would reduce or eliminate the need to retain salary.

Ooooo just the kind of thing I like to sink my teeth into. Let me just pull up the Armchair GM page on Capgeek.com and see what I ca-oh...

Oh...

I'm a little lost here, um... Allen for Ryder, Halak and a 2nd?

Ooooo just the kind of thing I like to sink my teeth into. Let me just pull up the Armchair GM page on Capgeek.com and see what I ca-oh...

Oh...

I'm a little lost here, um... Allen for Ryder, Halak and a 2nd?

You've got a couple of options to find contract info for players moving forward - Hockeybuzz's Cap Central (doesn't show bonuses) or NHL Numbers. Neither are as good as CapGeek (especially NHL Numbers' end-of-season projections which always seem off) but both will give you decent salary numbers for players.

That is not a bad idea. Did I read somewhere that White was put on waivers. Montreal would def be retaining salary in that deal.

I'm pretty sure White will clear. He's coming off of major surgery and just finished a 3-game rehab assignment in the minors. I suspect he's getting waived to extend that assignment.

Also, even with the Habs retaining the max, Philly couldn't take on Allen for White, they're way too tight to the cap.

I'm pretty sure White will clear. He's coming off of major surgery and just finished a 3-game rehab assignment in the minors. I suspect he's getting waived to extend that assignment.

Also, even with the Habs retaining the max, Philly couldn't take on Allen for White, they're way too tight to the cap.

Sorry Don it was a lousy idea.

Sorry Don it was a lousy idea.

Not a serious proposal anyways, weak joke on my part!

I wouldnt have a clue which team can afford/needs or what player would fit or not

Not a serious proposal anyways, weak joke on my part!

I wouldnt have a clue which team can afford/needs or what player would fit or not

apparently we are in the same boat. :)

Fucale Tangradi Allen, 3rd 2015 & 3rd 2016

Yakupov

A goalie that may or may not be ready in 2+ years, two mid round picks and two AHLers for a #1 overall?

Edmonton traded for Derek Roy instead of getting him on waivers because of the 50 contracts rule, so that alone would make this trade a no-go.

Fucale Tangradi Allen, 3rd 2015 & 3rd 2016

Yakupov

I love that deal, but could even MacTavish be so stupid....I doubt it