Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Nail Yakupov has fifteen goals and thirty-three points in his last 100 games. When does the "b-word" start being used?

I hear ya. Imo Yak is far from a bust. Edmonton has turned into Siberia of the league. No one wants to go. No one wants to stay. They have too many of the same 'archetype' of player. He simply isn't a good fit there behind Hall, Eberle & RNH. The failed to bring in the proper vets in Purcell and Pouliot. Losing Perron for a mediocre player and a late round pick was another lateral move on the managements behalf. Their goaltending is beyond suspect. Andrew Ference is their captain and best defender. (Yes. Valid point.) All this meaning, so much negative. Pluck him while is stock is low. Habs are best suited having G27(Wish he'd change to 94.) to ground, spark and rejuvenate the Yak. Proper insulation. Winning team. Scoring depth. I see a lot of positive in the gamble. I say Fucale but in reality DD should go as he is already playing wing and Edm's depth at center is porous. ps. I soo wanted Perron but not for Bournival & a 1st.(maybe equivalent kinda)

Guest Stogey24

I hear ya. Imo Yak is far from a bust. Edmonton has turned into Siberia of the league. No one wants to go. No one wants to stay. They have too many of the same 'archetype' of player. He simply isn't a good fit there behind Hall, Eberle & RNH. The failed to bring in the proper vets in Purcell and Pouliot. Losing Perron for a mediocre player and a late round pick was another lateral move on the managements behalf. Their goaltending is beyond suspect. Andrew Ference is their captain and best defender. (Yes. Valid point.) All this meaning, so much negative. Pluck him while is stock is low. Habs are best suited having G27(Wish he'd change to 94.) to ground, spark and rejuvenate the Yak. Proper insulation. Winning team. Scoring depth. I see a lot of positive in the gamble. I say Fucale but in reality DD should go as he is already playing wing and Edm's depth at center is porous. ps. I soo wanted Perron but not for Bournival & a 1st.(maybe equivalent kinda)

I think Edmonton did pretty good with a first rounder for Perron

Yak on the 4th line. Klinkhammer is a natural center. He's no Rob Niedermayer.

From the Edmonton Journal.

1-4-15-oil-lines.png?w=460&h=120

I did some research after I posted, I guess Edmonton is only playing him twelve minutes some games with no power play time, which explains his numbers. I have no idea why they would play these games with a guy who is coming off his ELC. But I guess #1 overall picks are a dime a dozen in EDM.

Guest Stogey24

Yak on the 4th line. Klinkhammer is a natural center. He's no Rob Niedermayer.

From the Edmonton Journal.

1-4-15-oil-lines.png?w=460&h=120

Ya, I don't know why I was thinking he's a D-man. I'm all for Yak though. I'm sure it would bring out the best in Galchenyuk too.

I did some research after I posted, I guess Edmonton is only playing him twelve minutes some games with no power play time, which explains his numbers. I have no idea why they would play these games with a guy who is coming off his ELC. But I guess #1 overall picks are a dime a dozen in EDM.

Edmonton is ass backwards right now. They're scared to move their home grown assets, but its the only way this team will crawl out of the bottom of the league.

Ya, I don't know why I was thinking he's a D-man. I'm all for Yak though. I'm sure it would bring out the best in Galchenyuk too.

Edmonton is ass backwards right now. They're scared to move their home grown assets, but its the only way this team will crawl out of the bottom of the league.

I wonder if they're trying to get him to demand a trade for PR? That's the classic Edmonton line "he didn't want to be here."

Guest Stogey24

I wonder if they're trying to get him to demand a trade for PR? That's the classic Edmonton line "he didn't want to be here."

I'd like to know what it will legitimately take to get this kid. Like is a first rounder and a roster player too much? 152 games played and Yak has really done nothing.

I'd like to know what it will legitimately take to get this kid. Like is a first rounder and a roster player too much? 152 games played and Yak has really done nothing.

His value is getting harder and harder to peg given that his production is getting lower and lower. Because he was a #1 overall pick (and largely a consensus one at that), there are going to be quite a few teams who think that they can turn Yakupov's game around in the right direction.

As a result, a 1st rounder and a roster player (a young one with some upside) is probably going to be what it takes to get him. Given what he has brought to the table so far, some will see that as overpayment (and from the Habs, a young player with upside is going to presumably be more than a Bournival or Andrighetto) but I think they can get that much for him if they move him in the near future. Is it worth the risk? That's what Bergevin and other GM's will be asking themselves.

His value is getting harder and harder to peg given that his production is getting lower and lower. Because he was a #1 overall pick (and largely a consensus one at that), there are going to be quite a few teams who think that they can turn Yakupov's game around in the right direction.

As a result, a 1st rounder and a roster player (a young one with some upside) is probably going to be what it takes to get him. Given what he has brought to the table so far, some will see that as overpayment (and from the Habs, a young player with upside is going to presumably be more than a Bournival or Andrighetto) but I think they can get that much for him if they move him in the near future. Is it worth the risk? That's what Bergevin and other GM's will be asking themselves.

Only young players I'd consider to add to our late 1st pick would be Andrighetto and Bournival.

Other player on my list would be Weise.

Any prospect other than McCarron or Tinordi would be good for me. Would hope that could avoid sending Fucale or De la Rose though.

I'd go with DD or Parenteau as well, but would ask a 2nd pick back with Yakupov.

Something like that. Don't know how much salary they can take...

Only young players I'd consider to add to our late 1st pick would be Andrighetto and Bournival.

I'd go with DD or Parenteau as well, but would ask a 2nd pick back with Yakupov.

I know most would only put those two as the plus which is why I singled them out in the post. Every team has guys like that in their system, they're going to want something better.

Weise wouldn't fit, he's not really that young and as much as many here think he has offensive upside, it's certainly not to the point where they'd envision him as more than a 3rd liner down the road.

Cap wise, Edmonton has the money to absorb a mid-tier contract. Whether or not they want to after just moving one in Perron remains to be seen.

Why so much love for Yakupov? He was very good in juniors but that alone does not guarantee success. Potential yes but certainty of achieving success not so much.

Because he has history with Galchenyuk, Habs needs more offense and he may be undervalued at present with OIlers totally a gongshow and ripe for trades.

And McCarron is exact same, with regard to your 2nd sentance. So both are bit unknowns.

I'd be prepared to move Fucale and se la rose, before the Russian kid we drafted last year. In fact, Fucale would be the guy I'd try to package.

Any prospect other than McCarron or Tinordi would be good for me. Would hope that could avoid sending Fucale or De la Rose though.

Who can we trade to St Louis and get Muller back? eh? Then we would have a Power play.

Now we're talkin'! :halm:

I'd be prepared to move Fucale and se la rose, before the Russian kid we drafted last year. In fact, Fucale would be the guy I'd try to package.

I would see if Tokarski would work somehow first, with a bit more of a pick to throw at them, with Tokarski instead of Fucale, plus yes, De La Rose, and Bournival, and maybe even a D prospect near ready, say Patyern, but you know they are going to want Gallagher... or Beaulieu and this year's first.

• 2 weeks later...

What could Lehkonen and a 1st round pick get us?

A few spots higher in the draft in June?

For the Habs to part with two future assets (and Timmins really likes Lehkonen), they'd be looking for a core piece with a few years left on his contract (or at least a few years of RFA control remaining). Given that it's likely to be a late 1st, it wouldn't be a top line guy coming the other way so either a 2nd line F or 2nd pairing d-man would seem to be a plausible return for that package.

Not sure how much higher we could trade up with Lehkonen + our 1st rd? maybe #20?

It'd depend on where Montreal's pick falls. In the back part of the draft, there's usually a couple of 1st + 2nd for slightly higher 1st trades. Given that Lehkonen was a 2nd, he'd likely fit that mould. It wouldn't be a big jump though.