Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

hmmm Galagher, Bournival and a 2nd for Eberle....somebody call MB

Going forward we are going to get in to cap trouble if we move a guy like Gallagher who not only is a spark plug for every line he plays on, can score and also has a decent cap hit for the next 6 years. He is one of those players that are needed on a winning team.

Guest Stogey24

Cant see any deal that Emelin volunteers to waive no trade clause, so can be shipped to shiteteam from a contender.

Too much money on the blueline right now. I think M.B has to find a way to move Emelin. 4.1 cap hit is too much for what he's bringing to the table.

Guest Stogey24

Going forward we are going to get in to cap trouble if we move a guy like Gallagher who not only is a spark plug for every line he plays on, can score and also has a decent cap hit for the next 6 years. He is one of those players that are needed on a winning team.

Yakupov wont be cashing in next year on a new contract. The kid beat Stamko's goal scoring record on the sting. The talent is 100% there, he just needs out of EDM. I actually really like Gallagher, Bournival and second for him. I think that could honestly get Yakupov.

Is it at all possible Gallagher didn't get a bridge deal because he could become trade bait?

Is it at all possible Gallagher didn't get a bridge deal because he could become trade bait?

Anything's possible but it's very rare that a team gives a player a long-term extension and then trades him before the new deal kicks in.

Guest Stogey24

Anything's possible but it's very rare that a team gives a player a long-term extension and then trades him before the new deal kicks in.

Yeah, I would definitely be surprised too. Gallagher's contract could be enticing though and that home town thing just makes me wonder

Yakupov wont be cashing in next year on a new contract. The kid beat Stamko's goal scoring record on the sting. The talent is 100% there, he just needs out of EDM. I actually really like Gallagher, Bournival and second for him. I think that could honestly get Yakupov.

I've been saying for a long time that I'd love to get Yakapov. However, given his numbers, we should be able to get him less than Gallagher.

The Flyers have a long history of signing players to long-term (in some cases lifetime deals) and than trading them a year or two into the deal.

I agree with keeping Gallagher around. Just a player that every team would love to have, and an essential piece of the puzzle to our future success. His cap hit in the next few years may well be a bargain as well.

Guest Stogey24

It is really tough to trade a kid who gives 100% every shift. Definitely would rather not trade him, but you have to trade value to get value. Yakupov wont be given away, even though his numbers are shat.

The Flyers have a long history of signing players to long-term (in some cases lifetime deals) and than trading them a year or two into the deal.

A year or two into the deal isn't the same as before the contract actually kicks in. Plus, the lifetime deals are no longer an option and it's a different GM running the show so what they did with Carter/Richards years ago doesn't really matter here.

How about Desharnais, Fucale and a second for Myers and Stafford?

The 2nd would get Stafford (though I wouldn't do that personally) but Buffalo's reported asking price for Myers has bordered on the insane - a first round pick, a first round prospect (from the last couple of drafts), plus a young, quality roster player.

The 2nd would get Stafford (though I wouldn't do that personally) but Buffalo's reported asking price for Myers has bordered on the insane - a first round pick, a first round prospect (from the last couple of drafts), plus a young, quality roster player.

Bournival, Fucale and a 1st? It's a steep price to pay but to be able to lock up our second pairing RH defense for years to come in our Cup contention window would be huge. Probably wouldn't work cap wise though unless there were moves in the off season

Bournival, Fucale and a 1st? It's a steep price to pay but to be able to lock up our second pairing RH defense for years to come in our Cup contention window would be huge. Probably wouldn't work cap wise though unless there were moves in the off season

The equivalent would likely be the 1st, Tinordi (former first round pick), and Sekac (quality young roster player). And frankly, even if it cost what you suggested, I wouldn't go anywhere near that if I was the Habs (but I believe Myers is one of if not the most overrated player in the league so I'm obviously biased). And yes, that would make the cap situation next year particularly dicey.

Bournival's value is probably very low right now, especially given that he doesn't really have a role on this team and needs waivers starting next year. He's no more than a throw-in on a bigger deal at this stage.

Then I would politely decline that trade suggestion and throw up on their shoes.

Mike Richards has been placed on waivers. I am assuming there is zero chance we pick him up

What a cap hit for 5 more years... great playoff performer, but I see that contract as a set of handcuffs...

Mike Richards has been placed on waivers. I am assuming there is zero chance we pick him up

Nobody will pick him up, but LA might still trade him to a team that also has a bad contract but needs a center.

The rumour I've heard is the Kings picking up Matt Stajan from the Flames and sending a pick or prospect due to Calgary eating the Richards cap.