Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yemelin isn't going to waive no trade to go to a total shite team, non starter.

Maybe agree to go to Colorado or a team like that, but not Edmonton or a Buffalo...would you if you were him?

So Kassien for basically nothing (ECHL d-man and a 10% chance of even making NHL kid?)

Highly doubt Canucks are going to bite on that one.

Maybe McCarron, Dietz and a 3rd pick for Kassien they might go for?

Would Wisnewski be a fit in HabLand (again)?

$5.5 through 2016, RH shot, might be a super fit with Beaulieu and let Gonchar play a few less minutes.

The thought has crossed my mind as well. Their GM is the one that drafted Eller and apparently wasn't too thrilled when St. Louis traded him.

To COL

Alexei Emelin, Sven Andrighetto OR 1st

To MTL

Jarome Iginla

There's probably a big difference in value between those two parts. I'd peg Andrighetto's stand-alone value around a 3rd round pick, maybe a late 2nd. I don't think he and a 1st are interchangeable. (If they are, by all means, deal him now.)

The thought has crossed my mind as well. Their GM is the one that drafted Eller and apparently wasn't too thrilled when St. Louis traded him.

There's probably a big difference in value between those two parts. I'd peg Andrighetto's stand-alone value around a 3rd round pick, maybe a late 2nd. I don't think he and a 1st are interchangeable. (If they are, by all means, deal him now.)

Yes if you can get a 1st round pick for Andrighetto, don't wait for spring do it now. Not going to happen though a nice thought.

Guest Stogey24

Way too much money involved with the D core on this team already. The Habs are in dire need for some goal scorers, not another D man, IMO

Way too much money involved with the D core on this team already. The Habs are in dire need for some goal scorers, not another D man, IMO

But the cost for a Vanek/top six upgrade type may be much higher than to get another solid d-man?

But more offense is what is lacking, no question.

But if can add a quality puck mover, it may help produce more offense for some of forwards?

But, should be interesting next 3-4weeks to see what Bergy has up his sleeve.

If he stands pat, is fine by me, but like most would like to see a skilled player added.

I don't really want Vermette, but he's good on the draw, from QC, and plays a good two way game. Pretty much Bergevin type of guy

I would have no problem with Vermette--if Bergevin could get him for a 2nd and a middling prospect :-) If he can do that 2 yrs running he is beyond genius and is channeling the ghost of Sam Pollock

I would have no problem with Vermette--if Bergevin could get him for a 2nd and a middling prospect :-) If he can do that 2 yrs running he is beyond genius and is channeling the ghost of Sam Pollock

I love the Sam Pollock reference, and tend to agree with your sentiment. As much as Habs fans become resilient to moving any of their little darlings, Vermette will cost more; and from my thinking is worth more.

I love the Sam Pollock reference, and tend to agree with your sentiment. As much as Habs fans become resilient to moving any of their little darlings, Vermette will cost more; and from my thinking is worth more.

- Career high 65 points in 2009-2010

- Average half point per game player

- Left handed

- On pace for 52 points this year

- UFA

Worth more? Really? Are we talking about the same player? He isn't special.

- Career high 65 points in 2009-2010

- Average half point per game player

- Left handed

- On pace for 52 points this year

- UFA

Worth more? Really? Are we talking about the same player? He isn't special.

Let's just wait and see what he goes for. I think you will have to give up a pretty good prospect to get him, as well as a pick. 24 goals last year, good on draw, wouldn't hurt are center position at all. Let's see what the market says.

Kassian can be had. The Canucks are clearly fed up with him. And I doubt we'd need to send back anything crucial for a player who can't even crack a roster that is significantly worse than ours. If I'm MB, I'm sniffing around for sure.

Kassian can be had. The Canucks are clearly fed up with him. And I doubt we'd need to send back anything crucial for a player who can't even crack a roster that is significantly worse than ours. If I'm MB, I'm sniffing around for sure.

Right now you have Kassian not fitting on the Canucks (we know this story) with a right handed shot and a lot of grit. Then you have Evander Kane admittingly making $6M per season but getting flogged for being late to a practice and wearing a tracksuit. That's it.

I'd love to see them both on the Habs before the deadline goes by. Kane is 23. Kassian is 24. There's quite a few guys I'd clear to make room for them. I'd rather see Kassian getting a shot in the top six RW than Weise and Kane would give us some of the best left wing depth in the league (and allow us to move Galchenyuk to center without creating a hole on the left side). Kassian has had a horrendous season but I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kassian

Kane - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Yes please. Trade proposal? I don't know, send the Jets Emelin and Eller. Send the Canucks a third rounder and a prospect.

Guest Stogey24

The one thing with Kane is he's a UFA after his contracts up. I really like Kassian and Kane though. I think their toughness alone would be huge for this team

M.B has ties with both teams

I wouldn't touch either of those scrubs with a ten foot pole. God forbid we get stuck with even one of the two bigger punks in the NHL so they can come here, screw up the locker room and get us 10 goals combined for the rest of the year. EK playing is hurt on top of everything else.

We should get Chris Stewart and put all the league's riff-raff on one line!

Edit: Jets practice has started and Evander Kane isn't on the ice. Some lucky franchise might be granted their wish.

Yeah, don't get too excited about Kassian. The guy is a classic head case who has floundered under three consecutive coaches in Van (two of which are highly credible; the guy he did best under was Tortellini, which really should tell us something). He reminds me a bit of Chad Kilger - a talented, hulking player who was a few cards short of a full deck. The reason for acquiring him - apart from the fact that the new regime in Vancouver really has not given him much of a chance - is the possibility that he has been fundamentally miscast as a 'power forward.' A team that was willing to let him focus on playmaking, which seems to be his greatest strength, might be rewarded with a useful forward. But I wouldn't give up any major assets to get him.

Yeah, don't get too excited about Kassian. The guy is a classic head case who has floundered under three consecutive coaches in Van (two of which are highly credible; the guy he did best under was Tortellini, which really should tell us something). He reminds me a bit of Chad Kilger - a talented, hulking player who was a few cards short of a full deck. The reason for acquiring him - apart from the fact that the new regime in Vancouver really has not given him much of a chance - is the possibility that he has been fundamentally miscast as a 'power forward.' A team that was willing to let him focus on playmaking, which seems to be his greatest strength, might be rewarded with a useful forward. But I wouldn't give up any major assets to get him.

If I remember correctly, he was rushed into action by Buffalo because of the Lucic/Miller fiasco. It seems like his development has been mismanaged since the beginning. The Canucks traded for him because of "toughness." This is why I think we should put out feelers for Gallager. Hockey people give up huge assets for intangibles. Look at Dave Bolland's contract.

Kassian is definitely a gamble. Met him a few times in Windsor. The guy has a screw loose. But it ain't like the Habs haven't won with screw loose guys. Ferguson, Tremblay, Nilan, Corson, Lemieux, etc.

I'm not saying to give up anything spectacular for him. Heck my offer was Vancouver native Dalton Thrower and a third. But even if we brought him in and he didn't have a Dale Weise turnaround, if we played the Rangers in the playoffs again and Kreider tried to run Price again, wouldn't you rather sick a Zack Kassian on him than expect one of our stars to do it?

Kassian is definitely a gamble. Met him a few times in Windsor. The guy has a screw loose. But it ain't like the Habs haven't won with screw loose guys. Ferguson, Tremblay, Nilan, Corson, Lemieux, etc.

I'm not saying to give up anything spectacular for him. Heck my offer was Vancouver native Dalton Thrower and a third. But even if we brought him in and he didn't have a Dale Weise turnaround, if we played the Rangers in the playoffs again and Kreider tried to run Price again, wouldn't you rather sick a Zack Kassian on him than expect one of our stars to do it?

That's not bad. If he's going for that price, why not? Although I remember a lot of Bruins fans thinking Simon Gagne was the answer to their first line RW woes. Then Pastrnak, who is on the third line now. They might have to give up a big piece to get what they need.

That's not bad. If he's going for that price, why not? Although I remember a lot of Bruins fans thinking Simon Gagne was the answer to their first line RW woes. Then Pastrnak, who is on the third line now. They might have to give up a big piece to get what they need.

I guess the Bruins are the frontrunners on Chris Stewart, who sucks so I'm good with that.

Every team is still trying to get the moon for their players and then settle for the sky. People want more size in the lineup? Here's two players at the downside of their perceived value who are expected to be moved. We could add size to the lineup without giving up a king's ransom. One for a player who has been a bit of a bust and another for a top six forward being persecuted for having a personality.

I would make a trade for Kane. He seems like he is trying to get traded out.

To habs

Kane

To jets

Eller, emelin, 1st round pick

Then make a trade with the leafs

To habs

Polak, and santorelli

to leafs

3 round pick and andrighetto

Have the team look like this

Mp/Ag/Kane

Js/Tp/Bg

dd/San/PaP

Bp/Mm/Dw

Am/Pk

Nb/Sg

Tg or Mw/ polak

I like the grit we will bring in from polak and santorelli. If we can get kane, we could have a strong 1st.

But Machine, the whole idea that Kassian is going to be the guy to 'punish' a Kreider is exactly the problem. That's what Van has been pushing him to do, and he just doesn't seem interested in using his size in an intimidating or 'power' role. Any team acquiring Kassian should be acquiring him for his hockey skills, not his non-existent toughness or power game. (Now, maybe he will grow into that role a little more over time, but it's crystal clear that that is not 'his game').

As for Kane, there would be a bidding war - pretty sure you won't get him for anything short of a major return.

Lovett, all due respect, count me among those who think moving Gallagher is crazy. He's a sparkplug and a leader and the only guy on the team with serious net presence. He'd be one of the last guys I move. Now Eller is another story. Don't let the door bruise your arse on the way out, Lars.