Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Asking price for kane is " one top asset" what ever that means

Fourth Period is saying Habs are in the mix, before the recent reports of his value dropping: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg150204.html

The Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphia Flyers have expressed significant interest in Kane in the past, and both teams could renew discussions with the Jets, if GM Kevin Cheveldayoff is willing to entertain offers.

But the Jets aren't willing to move Kane without a significant return coming back their way -- presumably in the form of a top-six forward, a prospect and a draft pick.

I've now read that it's the Habs, Leafs, Sabres, Kings and Penguins in the mix for him. Four of the five would have to move cap space back to the Jets to make the deal work.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, Sportsnet article just said 1 top asset.... Either way, I don't care what anyone says, he's more than capable of being a 30 goal scorer

Ya, Sportsnet article just said 1 top asset.... Either way, I don't care what anyone says, he's more than capable of being a 30 goal scorer

I'm so hyped about this (and might end up disappointed) that I'm neglecting work haha.

Kane played with Gallagher in 08-09!

'One top asset' - a gnomic phrase to be sure!

I'd give a 1st-round pick for Kane for sure, but I doubt that's what the Jets have in mind. They are in a dead-heat playoff race and absolutely cowabunga to make the dance, so it'd be a 'top asset' roster player for sure. Gallagher would probably do it, but that's losing a TON of great intangibles in exchange for a ton of highly questionable ones. Personally, I don't make that deal.

Eller is not a 'top asset.'

Pleks for Kane would be a great deal three years from now -assuming Kane's personal 'issues' don't explode in temptation-filled Montreal - but it probably would be catastrophic for us this season.

Eller + Emelin could get it done. Leaves a humungous hole on the blueline for us. Also, neither is a 'top asset.' You have to hope that two middling assets count for one 'top' asset. I dunno.

After that, we're talking deals involving names like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Sekac, etc., as key parts. I don't know about that, and I don't know if the Jets'd be interested given the pressure they are under to win NOW.

In short: not easy to see a fit. I wonder, though, how they'd feel about Tokarski? Their goaltending has been up and down. Maybe he is a piece you can throw in to keep the cost down.

Guest Stogey24

'One top asset' - a gnomic phrase to be sure!

I'd give a 1st-round pick for Kane for sure, but I doubt that's what the Jets have in mind. They are in a dead-heat playoff race and absolutely cowabunga to make the dance, so it'd be a 'top asset' roster player for sure. Gallagher would probably do it, but that's losing a TON of great intangibles in exchange for a ton of highly questionable ones. Personally, I don't make that deal.

Eller is not a 'top asset.'

Pleks for Kane would be a great deal three years from now -assuming Kane's personal 'issues' don't explode in temptation-filled Montreal - but it probably would be catastrophic for us this season.

Eller + Emelin could get it done. Leaves a humungous hole on the blueline for us. Also, neither is a 'top asset.' You have to hope that two middling assets count for one 'top' asset. I dunno.

After that, we're talking deals involving names like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Sekac, etc., as key parts. I don't know about that, and I don't know if the Jets'd be interested given the pressure they are under to win NOW.

In short: not easy to see a fit. I wonder, though, how they'd feel about Tokarski? Their goaltending has been up and down. Maybe he is a piece you can throw in to keep the cost down.

Its a tough trade to ponder for sure.

I like Tokarski and being a very critical Habs fan, I see a lot of holes in his game and just don't see him becoming a legit number 1. Hutchinson has also been lights out for Winni', before this current slump anyways

I would take Kane on our team, we have Le Genius who is apparently a mastermind at forming young minds. I bet he could turn Kane into a 40 goal scorer in a heartbeat. Look at what he has done with all of our young players. HMMMMMM.

I would take Kane on our team, we have Le Genius who is apparently a mastermind at forming young minds. I bet he could turn Kane into a 40 goal scorer in a heartbeat. Look at what he has done with all of our young players. HMMMMMM.

Therrien doesn't waste his time on losers.

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 1) #jets Evander Kane was in a track suit because he thought the team meeting was at the team hotel and not a the arena.

2) when he realized the meeting was at the Arena he didn't had time to go back at his place in Vancouver to change. #kane #jets

Winnipeg have this kid Hellebucyk that a lot of their fans are high on. That would leave us with Joey MacDonald or Mike Condon as a backup. A guaranteed loss every sixth or seventh game, lol.

You haven't been reading my prospect articles lately, have you? :) Condon is putting up better numbers than Tokarski did last year with Hamilton and happened to sign a two year extension this morning (the second year being one-way). It's not a matter of if Condon replaces Tokarski, it's when. They could move Tokarski with the confidence that Condon could successfully replace him. (Not that Winnipeg would want him as you noted; on top of Hellebuyck, they also have Eric Comrie.)

Guest Stogey24

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 1) #jets Evander Kane was in a track suit because he thought the team meeting was at the team hotel and not a the arena.[/size]

2) when he realized the meeting was at the Arena he didn't had time to go back at his place in Vancouver to change. #kane #jets

I watched an interview with Blake Wheeler. He was pissed about Kane not dressing up. He said said Kane can go somewhere else if he doesn't want to follow the code.

I guess the boys threw all of his gear into the showers too. Apparently that's the reason he wasn't at the game

I am not sure what you mean by that post. Who are the losers he doesn't waste his time on?

-White

-Ryder

-Erik Cole

-Danny Kristo

-Kaberle

-Gomez

-Patrick Holland

This organization doesn't put up with a lot of nonsense.

You haven't been reading my prospect articles lately, have you? :) Condon is putting up better numbers than Tokarski did last year with Hamilton and happened to sign a two year extension this morning (the second year being one-way). It's not a matter of if Condon replaces Tokarski, it's when. They could move Tokarski with the confidence that Condon could successfully replace him. (Not that Winnipeg would want him as you noted; on top of Hellebuyck, they also have Eric Comrie.)

Do you think he's ready now?

The thought of being able to acquire Kane at a reduced cost than before sounds very enticing, but it is hard to put together a trade that makes sense for both teams. Unless they would take Desharnais/Eller + prospect/pick, not much else makes much sense for us.

Do you think he's ready now?

To play sparingly behind Price? Sure. That said, if they moved Tokarski, I think they'd opt to get a veteran rental backup goalie to give Condon the rest of the year in the minors (with a possible playoff run).

According to Dreger, the Habs are one of many teams who would be interested in Kane. More shockingly, he apparently didn't mention the Leafs which would be a first.

“The availability of Kane is really going to be entirely specific to whether or not he requires surgery. If he requires surgery, then obviously no one is going to take a chance because he’ll be done. If the injury is less significant and doesn’t require surgery and managers are comfortable, then there’s going to be a bidding war. We’re talking about Pittsburgh. We’re talking about Boston. We’re talking about Anaheim. We’re talking about Vancouver, from a Canadian perspective. The Montreal Canadiens, from a Canadian perspective. Again, to name but a few.”

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/5/dreger-bidding-war-for-jets-kane-could-include-penguins-bruins-ducks-canucks-canadiens

Kane still has 3 years left.

The one thing with Kane is he's a UFA after his contracts up. I really like Kassian and Kane though. I think their toughness alone would be huge for this team

M.B has ties with both teams

-White

-Ryder

-Erik Cole

-Danny Kristo

-Kaberle

-Gomez

-Patrick Holland

Could you please tell me what any of these guys have to do with getting a 23 year old 30-40 goal scorer. I don't see it.

I mean that is just a list of not very good players busted drafts etc.

already shipped out the three amigo's..seems to me that Kane could be the 4th amigo

Everyone forgets drunk, chain smoking, underage dating Carey Price.

Everyone forgets Hal Gill having to be Subban's babysitter.

Half of what is being said about Kane was said about Subban which makes me embarrassed when Habs fans defend Subban to death but then shove Evander under the bus because he's a Jet.