Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I had him in my pool. He's a reliable but stale offensive player. He's also good to be injured 10-20 games a year, minimum. I would say that he's a small upgrage over Lars Eller as a third line center.

When a guy gets hurt that often it's telling you something.

I'm thinkin Bergevin is going to pull the trigger on something soon

I have been going through rosters looking for names that MIGHT be a little cheaper and have not been mentioned by someone, and just maybe some value to the Habs. i will throw Kontiola and Anisimov out there for your displeasure.

Kontiola was released by the Leafs after clearing regular and termination waivers and signed a long-term deal back in the KHL. Anisimov could be an interesting pickup although he has been hurt for a lot of the year. If the Habs were to move out a centre, I could see them possibly being interested.

It's pretty obvious that Montreal needs scoring on the RW, and we gotta figure Bergevin knows that...

If the worst we walk away with is Jagr, I'd be happy.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Jagr

Sekac - Eller - Parenteau

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Malhotra

1st and 3rd line can be deployed against tough competition, 2nd line is for offensive zone exploitation, and that 4th line can has defensive awareness, speed, and physicality.

It's not the best lineup for scoring goals, but it's better than the current one, and Jagr is probably one of the cheaper rentals on the market (especially if his list of teams to be traded to he gives Lou says "Team 1: Montreal. Team 2: Montreal. Team 3: Nash-just kidding. Montreal.")

It's pretty obvious that Montreal needs scoring on the RW, and we gotta figure Bergevin knows that...

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Jagr

Sekac - Eller - Parenteau

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Malhotra

1st and 3rd line can be deployed against tough competition, 2nd line is for offensive zone exploitation, and that 4th line can has defensive awareness, speed, and physicality.

It's not the best lineup for scoring goals, but it's better than the current one, and Jagr is probably one of the cheaper rentals on the market (especially if his list of teams to be traded to he gives Lou says "Team 1: Montreal. Team 2: Montreal. Team 3: Nash-just kidding. Montreal.")

Im thinking more like a whole czech line Sekac Pleks Jagr. Or replace Sekac with Chucky.

Kontiola was released by the Leafs after clearing regular and termination waivers and signed a long-term deal back in the KHL. Anisimov could be an interesting pickup although he has been hurt for a lot of the year. If the Habs were to move out a centre, I could see them possibly being interested.

Sorry Brian-- I got the wrong leaf-- Santorelli is the guy I meant---- I don't share the belief that you would have to move a center out to accommodate a Anisimov trade. Just don't ascribe to the too many center logic.

The more I think about it, the more I want Jagr and nobody else. He still looks great out there and would really help this lineup, without sacrificing much from the future. The guy is 5th ALL TIME in scoring and has shown interest in coming to Montreal in the past. I want no part of a deal that sends a player like De La Rose out for Vermette. We need a bonafide top 6 RW and there is no name on the market sexier than Jaromir Jagr....and just think how fun it would be to do the salute after he scores

Guest Stogey24

The more I think about it, the more I want Jagr and nobody else. He still looks great out there and would really help this lineup, without sacrificing much from the future. The guy is 5th ALL TIME in scoring and has shown interest in coming to Montreal in the past. I want no part of a deal that sends a player like De La Rose out for Vermette. We need a bonafide top 6 RW and there is no name on the market sexier than Jaromir Jagr....and just think how fun it would be to do the salute after he scores

As Dlbalr said before, he's hit his bonuses and has a cap hit of 5.5 mill. No thanks

As Dlbalr said before, he's hit his bonuses and has a cap hit of 5.5 mill. No thanks

What difference does that make unless we don't have the cap space available? I'm no capologist but I haven't heard anywhere saying that we can't bring him in because of cap issues.

• Upvote 1

I didn't even notice Jagr playing? Did he do anything at all?

He was one of the only players I did notice. Perhaps I was making it a point to check him out though, I don't know. But his skating, positioning and board work was good. And he made a great no look back hand pass to spring a Devil for a scoring chance. Also he set up a play in close in the crease that was a sure goal if a Hab didn't take away the stick last second.

Guest Stogey24

What difference does that make unless we don't have the cap space available? I'm no capologist but I haven't heard anywhere saying that we can't bring him in because of cap issues.

The difference is 2 million dollars. He's not worth that kind of money in my eyes. At 3.5 he's a good signing

Sure, remember a blind pass TV guys were all excited about that Jagr made, but admit I didn't think to watch him and he just didn't seem dangerous to me, that's all.

If the Habs take him without sending any money back, they'll pretty much be capped out as things stand (once you factor in allowances for Galchenyuk hitting some of his bonuses which seems inevitable barring injury). Their cap space on deadline day (max full season cap hit without sending any money back) is only $6.2 M right now. (That number will improve once some of the Bulldogs get sent back.)

There's also the fact that Jagr is 43 years old and probably doesn't want do be part of yet another deadline deal.

He at least passed the eye test last night, which is more that you can say for Yakupov, Myers, Kane and Stewart.

He is still 42, he wont be 43 till next week. :) I think he would be interested in one more drive for the cup. He would definitely help us, he still has a lot of moves. We need cap space? How about we give them Bryan Allen and say a 3rd or 4th round pick. That oughta work no?

He is still 42, he wont be 43 till next week. :) I think he would be interested in one more drive for the cup. He would definitely help us, he still has a lot of moves. We need cap space? How about we give them Bryan Allen and say a 3rd or 4th round pick. That oughta work no?

That's about as much as I'd pay as I don't think he'd fit in well with the Habs at all. I'm not sure what's in it for the Devils though.

Jagr would be a useful piece, I'm pretty sure - provided expectations are reasonable. You're looking at an OK secondary scorer with (presumably) good intangibles, no more than that.

I certainly wouldn't give up any significant prospects to get him. Even a 2nd-round pick might give me pause, although I imagine that'd be the going rate.

Maybe Jagr hit on Bergevin's wife or something once?, but 100% of what I seen/heard since 2012 is that he wouldnt touch JJ with a 10 foot pole.

(which was/is fine by me)

Maybe Jagr hit on Bergevin's wife or something once?, but 100% of what I seen/heard since 2012 is that he wouldnt touch JJ with a 10 foot pole.

(which was/is fine by me)

Well they have not come to agreement on the money over the past years, but I actually think JJ would like to come to Montreal for the last hurrah.

No offense HR but;

Gee isn't that swell!

Jagr deems Habs worthy of his services, kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :nuts:

Well, got 3 weeks to see if Bergevin will overpay Devils for him.

On paper I agree, he does seem like kinda a good fit, but has in past years also.

Guest Stogey24

No offense HR but;

Gee isn't that swell!

Jagr deems Habs worthy of his services, kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :nuts:

Well, got 3 weeks to see if Bergevin will overpay Devils for him.

On paper I agree, he does seem like kinda a good fit, but has in past years also.

Is he a good fit though? Because at 5.5, M.B better be damn sure.

Habs need offense period, if can afford him he still is producing at 48pt pace on shitty Devil team.

Not pushing for him to be added, just can see why he might be tempting.

Gee isn't that swell!

He also has said earlier this year that he'd want to talk to any team wanting to acquire him to ensure that he'd have a top role (rumoured to be top six forward and top unit PP). He may be the only half a point per game player in the league that would have that sort of requirement as a lot of players who have that type of production are deservedly nowhere near a top PP.

Is Jagr on a 2-year deal? Because if he's not, then who cares what his salary is, provided we can cram him under the cap for the rest of the year?

Nope, it's a one year. However, as I noted earlier, if they get Jagr without sending any player back, that's it for the deadline (barring other trades involving players in and players out). I'd like to see my sights a little higher than a player who wouldn't be more than a so-so 2nd liner whose playing style is a complete contrast to the system and style that the Habs play.

He also has said earlier this year that he'd want to talk to any team wanting to acquire him to ensure that he'd have a top role (rumoured to be top six forward and top unit PP). He may be the only half a point per game player in the league that would have that sort of requirement as a lot of players who have that type of production are deservedly nowhere near a top PP.

Nope, it's a one year. However, as I noted earlier, if they get Jagr without sending any player back, that's it for the deadline (barring other trades involving players in and players out). I'd like to see my sights a little higher than a player who wouldn't be more than a so-so 2nd liner whose playing style is a complete contrast to the system and style that the Habs play.

He scored 67 points last year (14 more than the next guy on his team), and also more than anyone on the Habs.....I don't think asking to be an important part of a team is too much to ask for after putting up those numbers.

I don't consider a first ballot hall of famer a so-so 2nd liner no matter how old he is. If not Jagr, then who? Hey, Weise got 2 goals last night, may as well leave him up in the top 6.