Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The thing there is that DD is just one more year. Eller is two. So it's not just two $3.5M contracts. It's $7M vs. $3.5M.

Just one year makes Desharnais a buy-out candidate, whereas Eller may find some team who could use a defensive centre, even with 2 years remaining.

Next couple weeks should be quite interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I can see Eller as a black Knight next summer.

Just one year makes Desharnais a buy-out candidate, whereas Eller may find some team who could use a defensive centre, even with 2 years remaining.

Next couple weeks should be quite interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Originally I was in favor of Hartnell coming to Montreal. I even posted a trade proposal of my own earlier this week. After the NHL officially announced that it was expanding I am now concerned about adding Hartnell. He has a NMC which if I understand correctly means that he would have to be on a team's protected list for the expansion draft. I'm not sure he's worth a spot on Montreal's protected list. I did read an article in some publication about the NTC/NMC topic that stated that once a player waives his NTC/NMC that it becomes null and void for the remainder of the contract. However most teams will choose to honor the clause. I don't know how true this is or even where I read this (perhaps I misunderstood what I was reading). Has anyone else heard about this? Maybe somebody can clarify the actual rule for me?

I know the Edmonton tires have been kicked off the wagon completely,, but..

Eller Emelin Reway Fucale 9th & 45th

Nugent-Hopkins & 4th

Buyout DD.. sign Okposo..

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Okposo

Dubois Nugent-Hopkins Gallagher

Plekanec

:halm:

Nugent-Hopkins & 4th

Plekanec

Maybe it would get close to working if another first or top prospect was added? Realistically it never will but it's fun to hypothesize anyway

I never was a big fan of nuge though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nugent-Hopkins & 4th

Plekanec

I'm missing why Edmonton does this deal. They don't get anything significant of value here. This is a massively lopsided deal.

Nugent-Hopkins & 4th

If you remove Hopkins and Emelin (Oil have pile of LH d-men and need RH one or two)...Naw simply not a good match no matter how you cut it.

Maybe it would get close to working if another first or top prospect was added? Realistically it never will but it's fun to hypothesize anyway

I never was a big fan of nuge though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopkins averages 58pts/82gms, is just 23 and I think would look darn good in a Hab Jersey.

Hopkins averages 58pts/82gms, is just 23 and I think would look darn good in a Hab Jersey.

Definitely not saying he isn't a good player, and yes I would take him on the Habs for sure! He just isn't my favorite player. Seemed like he kind of lost his place a bit, and I'm not sure if his lanky stature works against him. I haven't watched him enough, my impression of him just isn't the best.

But he's talented, I won't take that from him.

Definitely not saying he isn't a good player, and yes I would take him on the Habs for sure! He just isn't my favorite player. Seemed like he kind of lost his place a bit, and I'm not sure if his lanky stature works against him. I haven't watched him enough, my impression of him just isn't the best.

But he's talented, I won't take that from him.

Should of stayed in junior 1 more year to start with.

I'm missing why Edmonton does this deal. They don't get anything significant of value here. This is a massively lopsided deal.

They get a top tier 3 line center. Which is valuable on a team loaded with top 6 skill. They get a good physical veteran dman. Emelin would be top4 and fill another significant hole. Fucale would instantly contend with Brossoit for the future of a crease that has been pretty much vacant since Curtis Joseph. In Reway they get a question mark and an enigma. Then adding Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachyov. Plus another second round selection. If Reway is inadequate, we could hypothetically swap Andrighetto into the equation. But 3 1way contracts would probably cause issues. Or they could buy out Pouliot lol

Imo, a move like that would benefit both teams. Probably more-so Edmonton. Adding balance to their organization. Something they've neglected for a decade. Plus Im hoping Chiarelli knows a little more than us and values Emelin & Eller for what they do actually bring to the ice. But that pendulum swings both ways.

They get a top tier 3 line center. Which is valuable on a team loaded with top 6 skill. They get a good physical veteran dman. Emelin would be top4 and fill another significant hole. Fucale would instantly contend with Brossoit for the future of a crease that has been pretty much vacant since Curtis Joseph. In Reway they get a question mark and an enigma. Then adding Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachyov. Plus another second round selection. If Reway is inadequate, we could hypothetically swap Andrighetto into the equation. But 3 1way contracts would probably cause issues. Or they could buy out Pouliot lol

Imo, a move like that would benefit both teams. Probably more-so Edmonton. Adding balance to their organization. Something they've neglected for a decade. Plus Im hoping Chiarelli knows a little more than us and values Emelin & Eller for what they do actually bring to the ice. But that pendulum swings both ways.

1) Give up a top 6 centre who is 23 and averages over 50 points a year... get a guy who cant break 30

2) Get a 3.9 million defenceman to play on the third pair (Klefbom and Nurse are both LHD and would play ahead of emelin).

3) Get a goalie prospect who has not played great the last two years.

4) an undersized winger with huge question marks.

5) trade down from 4th to 9th

6) get second round pick. (sounds like a throw in to try and make this less terrible for edmonton but it really doesn't).

This is a massive, massive rip off. This is the kind of deal that Mike Milbury would look at and say that even he wouldn't do cause the Oilers are giving up way too much.

Seriously this trade proposal is terrible.

This trade would set the Oilers back another 3 years, at least.

• Upvote 1

Oil are loaded with LH d-men, need 1 or 2 RH d-men they say and are looking for better quality than Emelin, top 4 not bottom six.

Why would they buy out Pouliot? He was on a 54point pace last year.

Oil already can pick any d-man they want in the draft, but will likely pick best player available which is a forward, barring some team offering a top four d-man for the pick.

yea I guess that would be as ridiculous as trading Tyler Seguin for Loui Eriksson. Who'd do a thing like that! lol

I submit.

For the record, I love PK and every time I hear a rumor of a trade involving him I roll my eyes. But hearing the talk in the media about maybe a trade occurring brought me to the place where I asked myself, is there a trade that I would make with Edmonton where what they were offering would tempt me to trade PK for what they would give us in return.

So let's play GM for a minute and say that Edmonton has made us an offer for PK. The offer is Darnell Nurse, their 4th pick and Yak. Would that be a fair exchange that would benefit both teams.

What do you think?

Nurse and his 10 points last year?

Beaulieu - Petry

Markov - Pateryn

Nurse - Emelin

Barberio

Stanley Cup here we come!

Therein lies the basic problem with all the Subban rumours. This team has zero chance of contending without PK Subban; it almost doesn't matter which FW we get back, because the D would be decimated unless a top-pairing defender is part of the return. Since other teams are unlikely to give us BOTh a top-pairing D-man AND an impact FW in return for Subban, the entire thought process is defective from the start.

Not nearly enough. If I was to trade subban to edmonton, it would have to start with draisatl, the 4th, Yakupov and klefbom and Eberle . Plus the oilers take emelin's salary. Don't think Chiarelli is that dumb, so I don't trade subban.

For the record, I love PK and every time I hear a rumor of a trade involving him I roll my eyes. But hearing the talk in the media about maybe a trade occurring brought me to the place where I asked myself, is there a trade that I would make with Edmonton where what they were offering would tempt me to trade PK for what they would give us in return.

So let's play GM for a minute and say that Edmonton has made us an offer for PK. The offer is Darnell Nurse, their 4th pick and Yak. Would that be a fair exchange that would benefit both teams.

What do you think?

What do you think?

Not a chance in the world. Taylor Hall, their 4th and Yak for PK and a second and we could begin the conversation. The idea of trading PK is we have to win and win big---now and in the future; otherwise there is no point in doing it. That's why a PK trade is highly unlikely at best.

By your responses I think I have way over valued Nurse. I thought he was a star stud defenceman in the making.

Thanks for the input!