Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I thought he only had the one when Simmonds sucker punched him?

Up to 3 I think, Cooke (or some dummy) blindside/hit from behind a couple years ago and I think one other hit in last year or two dropped him, as well as the punch.

Up to 3 I think, Cooke (or some dummy) blindside/hit from behind a couple years ago and I think one other hit in last year or two dropped him, as well as the punch.

TSN doesn't always have the best injury logs but they only have the one concussion listed (plus a head injury that he missed one game from).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/ryan-mcdonagh/bio

For sure could be misremembering, but thought was up to 3 times dropped and knocked games.

Anyways, hope he is fine and has long career, just seemed vulnerable or possibly damaged goods.

This one I thought he had concussion, but they called it neck injury (or this one is referring to the sucker punch?)

McDonagh Comments on Injury

Monday, Feb. 22

McDonagh told reporters he's "thankful" to have not suffered a second concussion, adding his jaw is still sore and he's eating softer foods. He also said he will travel with the team for its trip to take on the St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars.

Injuries Starting to Pile Up for McDonagh

The 26-year-old blueliner suffered the injury Thursday against the Toronto Maple Leafs when he caught a high elbow from forward Leo Komarov:

For sure could be misremembering, but thought was up to 3 times dropped and knocked games.

Anyways, hope he is fine and has long career, just seemed vulnerable or possibly damaged goods.

This one I thought he had concussion, but they called it neck injury (or this one is referring to the sucker punch?)

McDonagh Comments on Injury

Monday, Feb. 22

McDonagh told reporters he's "thankful" to have not suffered a second concussion, adding his jaw is still sore and he's eating softer foods. He also said he will travel with the team for its trip to take on the St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars.

Injuries Starting to Pile Up for McDonagh

The 26-year-old blueliner suffered the injury Thursday against the Toronto Maple Leafs when he caught a high elbow from forward Leo Komarov:

I believe that was the one after the sucker punch. he was hit on feb 8 and was back playing with in a very short period of time. So if I read that correctly the only concussion was fom the sucker punch and it was pretty mild one. Simmonds kept his glove on.

Trade Idea:

Emeliln, DD, and a Prospect ??

to NYR

for NASH.

Fills our need at LW. Salary is similar.

NYR get relief after this year when DD becomes UFA plus a decent prospect.

Nash excluded all Canadian teams from his list of teams he is willing to go to

Trade Idea:

Emeliln, DD, and a Prospect ??

to NYR

for NASH.

Fills our need at LW. Salary is similar.

NYR get relief after this year when DD becomes UFA plus a decent prospect.

• Upvote 1

MTL should make a play for Mike Hoffman, he just filed for salary arbitration for the second straight year with OTT. He potted 29 goals last year and could slot in nicely on the second line with Plekanec and Radulov. He earned $2M last year and will probably get $3-$3.5M this year. Send OTT Andrighetto & a pick and call it a day...

MTL should make a play for Mike Hoffman, he just filed for salary arbitration for the second straight year with OTT. He potted 29 goals last year and could slot in nicely on the second line with Plekanec and Radulov. He earned $2M last year and will probably get $3-$3.5M this year. Send OTT Andrighetto & a pick and call it a day...

Hoffman's going to get more than $3.5M on a new deal. His $2M was thought to be so low by the NHLPA that they fired the arbitrator afterwards. He's also worth much, much more than Andrighetto (who really isn't worth that much by himself) and a pick, even if the pick was a first rounder.

Hoffman is 26 years old and has scored 27 and 29 goals the last 2 years. It cost a hell of alot more than Andrighetto and a pick.

The Emelin and Desharnais (straight up only) for Rick Nash is interesting. Cap Hits for 2016 are a wash. NY gets some cap relief for 2017 but is stuck with another slow footed dman in Emelin. Montreal is stuck with a $7.8 million 34 year old injury riddled Rick Nash who tends to underperform in playoffs for 2017/2018 season.

I'd guess it'd be more NY saying no to this then Montreal.

Sens fans are afraid Stone is going to be an $8 million per year player on his next deal. That means Hoffman could go if you can offer a prospect they can build around and a cheap top nine to fill the void. Start with Scherbak and go from there.

start with emelin and go from there

start with emelin and go from there

What's in it for Ottawa? They'd rather take the $4+ million he earns in salary the next two years and apply that towards a new deal for Hoffman. That's more ideal for them than dealing a near 30-goal guy inside the division for a package built around a 4th-6th defenceman.

Hoffman isn't happening.

Gotta look at teams that might be willing to sweeten a package to dump a salary..

Would the Rangers take

DD, Emelin, and Sherbek

for Staal and McDonagh?

Montreal would need to dump a salary somewhere.. perhaps Markov.. But suddenly you have a top 6 of

Weber, McDonagh, Petry, Staal, Beaulieu, Pateryn

Maybe best D in the league, besides Nashville (not trying to be funny)

Gotta look at teams that might be willing to sweeten a package to dump a salary..

Would the Rangers take

DD, Emelin, and Sherbek

for Staal and McDonagh?

Despite that Staal's deal is looking like a really bad one, they wouldn't need to toss in their #1 D in McDonagh to get rid of him. Nor would they want to; without McDonagh, their defence would be among the worst in the league so I can't see them signing up for that when the only real asset they're getting is a potential top six forward that's probably two years away from being NHL ready.

With the Habs really only having around $2M in cap space (less when you factor in the in-season buffer they'll want to save), they really aren't in a position to take on a big cap dump from another team.

Hoffman isn't happening.

Would the Rangers take

DD, Emelin, and Sherbek

for Staal and McDonagh?

Montreal would need to dump a salary somewhere.. perhaps Markov.. But suddenly you have a top 6 of

Rangers are not dealing McDonough. And certainly not for that Pittance

Guest Stogey24

Hoffman isn't happening.

Would the Rangers take

DD, Emelin, and Sherbek

for Staal and McDonagh?

They might as well throw in Nash too

Hoffman's going to get more than $3.5M on a new deal. His $2M was thought to be so low by the NHLPA that they fired the arbitrator afterwards. He's also worth much, much more than Andrighetto (who really isn't worth that much by himself) and a pick, even if the pick was a first rounder.

Sorry, guess my sarcasm wasn't all that obvious. I think MTL should pursue Hoffman but I don't understand why OTT doesn't seem to want him? Now I'm hearing ANA is offering Fowler for him...

Amen. Can't just trade scraps

Sorry, I meant to say Andrighetto and Flynn for Hoffman.... :/

Sorry, guess my sarcasm wasn't all that obvious. I think MTL should pursue Hoffman but I don't understand why OTT doesn't seem to want him? Now I'm hearing ANA is offering Fowler for him...

I think Ottawa likes Hoffman but their owner is stingy. They're operating with a very low budget relative to the cap and a long-term deal for Hoffman probably takes them over that. (This is where acquiring Phaneuf last year stings.) The fact that they could be going to arbitration again is leading some to speculate that they could possibly deal him.

Hoffman would be a perfect second line LW for us.

Correct. We would need to give up Scherbak, Juulsen, and a a decent pick if not more, if we aren't giving a roster player.