Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

8 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Emelin looks absolutely great at the moment! i think finally over the confidence issues that have plagued his game since returning from surgery. hes really made it back to his level before going down against lucic and the bruins... (prior to that he was on a tear)

he had a strong world cup playing his off side on the back end to buut.

personally emelin looks far superior to brodie at the moment (however i havent paid enough attention to Brodie) 

I think what's happening is he's paired with Weber...

That said, it is interesting. Who gets his minutes or brings his physicality if we do trade him?

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think what's happening is he's paired with Weber...

That said, it is interesting. Who gets his minutes or brings his physicality if we do trade him?

i think he's sticking around... i dont think our D is as weak as others are saying... sure if we lose a top gun were in trouble but so is any other team who loses one of their top defenders. we have depth at the position...

Emelin was a monster for us before signing that contract and then going down for the year. if i recall the habs were on quite a roll and then lost 10 straight to end the season going into the playoffs after his injury.

i think its fair to say the way emelin needs to play to be a major factor on the ice took a few years post op to get back to... it took me until my 3rd season back from ACL/ LCL surgery to really put it behind me and not favour my knee in situations.

his confidence is finally back and it shows. sure weber has taken him to the next level but emelin showed a lot of good signs in the 2nd half of last season and in this Wcup i thought.

he's earning his pay this season

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Job Goulding said:

not gonna be popular for this but i would trade juulsen, gallagher, and a draft pick to edm for nugent-hopkins. Reason.......love gallagher, but we have already seen the ceiling with him, not gonna suddenly be more dynamic.

We want to add a top 6 forward without losing one.  Gally's still young and in his prime, on a great deal too.  No reason to trade him.

44 minutes ago, Job Goulding said:

not gonna be popular for this but i would trade juulsen, gallagher, and a draft pick to edm for nugent-hopkins. Reason.......love gallagher, but we have already seen the ceiling with him, not gonna suddenly be more dynamic.

Something like that might be a good deal to get Hopkins. Oil might be looking for a good NHL d-man though and would be Beaulieu instead of Juulsen.

42 minutes ago, Neech said:

We want to add a top 6 forward without losing one.  Gally's still young and in his prime, on a great deal too.  No reason to trade him.

Gallagher is a small winger and got lots of those, Hopkins is a centre, but also don't think you can have Hopkins $6m, Plekanec $6m and Galchenyuk $6.5m next year though. 

Call me crazy but I wouldn't trade Gallagher for Nugent-Hopkins straight up.

3.5mill for the next 5 seasons? He's a 50-60 point guy now, and leads by example every night. Wait until he get out of this little slump, which he will considering his low shooting percentage 

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

3.5mill for the next 5 seasons? He's a 50-60 point guy now, and leads by example every night. Wait until he get out of this little slump, which he will considering his low shooting percentage 

how bout the same for matt duchene?? cause man they need another top notch centre, easier to backfill a winger

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

There is hardly anyone I would trade Gallagher for. He is an intangible, a heart and soul guy.

1 hour ago, thebonscott said:

how bout the same for matt duchene?? cause man they need another top notch centre, easier to backfill a winger

I would make a duchene-Gallagher trade before Nuge-Gallagher, but still not sure I would. But Duchene is a lot more proven. 

Basically no gm would probably give up what I'd need for Gallagher hahah

I'm pretty sure it would take quite a bit to get RNH out of Edmonton.  So as far as value goes Gallagher + Beaulieu or Juulsen + a draft pick (likely a first or maybe a second) is the value I think Edmonton is expecting.  I don't think RNH is on the block despite media speculation.  We've heard his name in specific rumors involving specific players.  Like when the Oilers were interested in Hamonic for example.  I don't Chiarrelli is looking to move him for just anything.  He's looking for something specific for RNH, and that something might not be anything the Habs have to offer.

In regards to Duchene, I think Sakic is only going to move him in a "knock my socks off" kind of deal.  It would be like the Habs trading Galchenyuk.  Bergevin doesn't want to, so fair value isn't going to pry him out of Montreal.  Guys like Duchene, RNH, or even Tavares aren't really on the trade block (as of yet).  It would have to be an offer they simply can't refuse.  So ridiculous overpayment.

5 hours ago, nihilz said:

Zadorov Grigorenko

Beaulieu Lernout Carr

Depending on how a person assesses the two Colorado players, that could be anywhere from fair to a steep overpayment to a step underpayment as opinions on those two vary a lot.  Personally, I'd call this a steep overpayment from Montreal (although I imagine the majority won't agree with me there).

Zadorov is the type of blueliner that was much more valuable five years ago than he is now.  He's big and he's...uh, big.  He's not a great defensive player and doesn't bring anything offensively.  I don't think you could put him with Weber style-wise and I don't think he's good enough to play second pairing minutes over Markov.  He's a third pairing player like Beaulieu is and I'd rather Beaulieu all else being equal.  Both are RFAs at the end of the year and Zadorov will probably come in cheaper which could potentially be a benefit to Montreal though.

As for Grigorenko, I don't think he can help this team.  He's just not that good.  I wouldn't be shocked if he's in the KHL next season to be honest as I can see a team deciding not to qualify him at $1.3 million with arbitration rights.  The Habs could use help at centre right now but Grigorenko is a career 45% faceoff guy that doesn't score much.  He's not really that much of an upgrade over the current options.  Personally, I wouldn't trade any of those players for him one for one.

I don't see a great trade fit with Colorado to be honest.  I think they'd move John Mitchell who could be a short-term 3rd/4th centre but he's too expensive for that role and would burn a lot of the remaining cap space.

2 hours ago, John B said:

I'm pretty sure it would take quite a bit to get RNH out of Edmonton.  So as far as value goes Gallagher + Beaulieu or Juulsen + a draft pick (likely a first or maybe a second) is the value I think Edmonton is expecting.  I don't think RNH is on the block despite media speculation.  We've heard his name in specific rumors involving specific players.  Like when the Oilers were interested in Hamonic for example.  I don't Chiarrelli is looking to move him for just anything.  He's looking for something specific for RNH, and that something might not be anything the Habs have to offer.

In regards to Duchene, I think Sakic is only going to move him in a "knock my socks off" kind of deal.  It would be like the Habs trading Galchenyuk.  Bergevin doesn't want to, so fair value isn't going to pry him out of Montreal.  Guys like Duchene, RNH, or even Tavares aren't really on the trade block (as of yet).  It would have to be an offer they simply can't refuse.  So ridiculous overpayment.

So Larsson gets you Hall, but that is the price for Nuge? Somehow I doubt that

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

So Larsson gets you Hall, but that is the price for Nuge? Somehow I doubt that

Chiarrelli wanted Larsson and Hall was the price he had to pay to get it.  It would be the Habs that want RNH so they're the ones that are going to have to pay to get him IMO.  The Oilers aren't shopping him that I'm aware of.  They are willing to trade him if the deal is right (meaning the Oilers are getting what they want).  I'm sure that there are compromises that can be made on both sides to get a deal done, but my guess is that if they asked for a reasonable return that a deal would have already been done.

To Montreal: John Tavares

To NY: Sergachev, Desharnais, Scherbak and a 1st 

To Montreal: Matt Moulson and a 2nd

To Buffalo : Plekanec

Moulson       Tavares      Gallagher

Patches        Chucky       Radulov

Byron            Danault      Shaw

Lekonen       Mitchell       Flynn

Edit: I think I changed my mind on the Plekanec trade. It'd be nice to reunite Tavares with his ol buddy Moulson but I think we'd need either a better pick or prospect to make it worth it. Plus I think we need Plek to shut down some guys in the playoffs

I'd do the first trade. I don't think the Isles would.

Moulson, meh.... put Tavares with Patches, or with Radulov, or with Gallagher, and that guy is gonna score.  I don't think Moulson was anything all that special, I just think it was Tavares making him score... Call it the Rob Brown effect, or the Jonathan Cheechoo effect. 

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pretty sure that, unless idiots are in charge in Brooklyn, bagging Tavares is going to cost a king's ransom. Think Galchenyuk +.

Luckily for us idiots are in charge in Brooklyn. Garth Snow is a terrible GM

How about a similar package for Matt Duchene? 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Luckily for us idiots are in charge in Brooklyn. Garth Snow is a terrible GM

How about a similar package for Matt Duchene? 

Our top defence prospect and recent top 10 pick

Our top forward prospect and recent first rounder

Another first rounder

For Tavares? Sure.... Duchene? Woah thats way too much. 

One of the problems colorado is having is that Duchene had the one big 70 point season, and followed that up with 2 seasons under 60 points. 

Thats an awful lot to give up for a guy who is really good, but not elite. 

212 pages of this thread and without going through all of them, I will just assume that there hasn't been 1 proposal that was fair for both sides. I suppose it's normal in negotiations to have a starting point and meet somewhere in the middle. Tavares would and should cost a ton to acquire, Duchene should also cost a bunch. But for a team like the Habs who have a certain window to contend for the Cup and have also a weakness up the middle, I'd definitely do all I could to try to get a deal done for one of those guys if they were available. There's a decent chance the Isles lose Tavares for nothing after next year and Colorado could use a roster shakeup after two straight disappointing seasons. A team with Tavares/Duchene, Galchenyuk, Plekanec down the middle, with a stud defenseman and the best goalie in the world would no doubt be a top contender.  

I don't see why any team out there would take Desharnais back in any package for an elite center. I think Desharnais in a trade would involve either draft picks or a defender coming back the other way.

I don't think the Islanders do that trade with Desharnais involved. Substitute Desharnais for Plekanec and you may have a deal. 

I literally don't even think Colorado does the deal with Desharnais being the only forward involved but Sergachev and a 1st are certainly enticing pieces. 

21 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don't see why any team out there would take Desharnais back in any package for an elite center. I think Desharnais in a trade would involve either draft picks or a defender coming back the other way.

I don't think the Islanders do that trade with Desharnais involved. Substitute Desharnais for Plekanec and you may have a deal. 

I literally don't even think Colorado does the deal with Desharnais being the only forward involved but Sergachev and a 1st are certainly enticing pieces. 

Desharnais is UFA so it's merely to make the money work. Obviously a team isn't trading to acquire the awesomeness of DD. For a rebuilding team it frees up money and getting Sergachev and a 1st helps that process. Plekanec has another year left at 6 million so that's why those two players have different value all together, besides on ice performance.