Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

They slipped to 4 th to get Jones. The habs slipped to whatever to get sergachev. Other than that, under mb, Montreal has been pretty competitive. 3 division first place finishes. A conference final. And this year a painful loss to one of the best teams in the league over the last 5 years. Before these playoffs Began, the rangers had played more playoff games than any other team including Chicago. I am also annoyed that under mb the talent pipeline is dry. But in general mb teams have had success. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were fired, but I also think there are some competitive years left in this team. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

They slipped to 4 th to get Jones. The habs slipped to whatever to get sergachev. Other than that, under mb, Montreal has been pretty competitive. 3 division first place finishes. A conference final. And this year a painful loss to one of the best teams in the league over the last 5 years. Before these playoffs Began, the rangers had played more playoff games than any other team including Chicago. I am also annoyed that under mb the talent pipeline is dry. But in general mb teams have had success. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were fired, but I also think there are some competitive years left in this team. 

You're quite right. The core he inherited has been competitive. My view is that, having inherited this core, his job was to make a proper contender out of it, while nurturing the next generation. He has transparently failed on both counts. But yes, we could wait while this core gets old and has no young talent to supplant it, then fire Bergevin. Since he has shown himself to be clueless, I prefer to be proactive.

11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Nah just blow up the team ship everyone out who is above 25, go into the dumpster and forget about Montreal for the next decade and we can all become Nashville fans and root for a real organization.

20 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Nah just blow up the team ship everyone out who is above 25, go into the dumpster and forget about Montreal for the next decade and we can all become Nashville fans and root for a real organization.

A whole decade? Eh, I think a rebuild could be done much faster with a smart GM. 3 years, 5 max unless the drafts suck.

The Toronto and Edmonton decade rebuilds are mostly due to awful management where guys had to get fired to clear the way for other guys.

22 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

A whole decade? Eh, I think a rebuild could be done much faster with a smart GM. 3 years, 5 max unless the drafts suck.

The Toronto and Edmonton decade rebuilds are mostly due to awful management where guys had to get fired to clear the way for other guys.

We don't need a rebuild. This core still has a window of maybe three years. In the immediate term, we need some actual centremen. Meanwhile, we need fundamental changes in our approach to player development so that when that window closes, the next wave is on the way. MB seems to taking the same approach to Lefebvre that he took to Therrien - clinging to his bum buddy long past the point that any responsible GM would, and damn the consequences for the organization. Yet another indicator of his incompetence.

38 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I have another name, Jan Kovar. 

He's a C, is he? I like the way you're thinking...raiding the KHL to plug roster holes could buy the team 3-4 years which they can use to rebuild the farm system.

But don't worry, signing him will probably be too 'tough' :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We don't need a rebuild. 

It's currently looking like Bergevin will toss a blank cheque at Price and beg him to save his job. So the team will undoubtedly keep the core and continue playing with a flawed team.

But if I'm Geoff Molson I'm cleaning house and hiring a temporary GM with good relationships in the league to just clean house on the roster for picks and prospects and hiring a new development team to work with the players. And one two years of cleansing are up, hire a new GM to take the team to the top. And hire a president to oversee the GM because I'm Geoff Molson and I know very little about hockey.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Does he have an NHL out clause in his deal though?  He's signed through 2018 with Magnitogorsk.

I never know with these KHL deals.  I thought I'd mention him. 

I'm hearing a message that seems a bit contradictory. 

I've read on these boards for years that Trevor Timmons is one of the best at drafting in the NHL.

Now I'm hearing that "inept drafting and development" goes back to 08.

So I have three questions. 

1. Is our drafting a strength or a weakness compared to other teams?

2. I agree that our player development is seems to be poor. So who are the guilty ones responsible for our poor developing of young players.

I assume that Sylvain Levebre [sp?] is one.

Who are others? 

3. What changes do we have to make? 

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

So I have three questions. 

1. Is our drafting a strength or a weakness compared to other teams?

2. I agree that our player development is seems to be poor. So who are the guilty ones responsible for our poor developing of young players.

I assume that Sylvain Levebre [sp?] is one.

Who are others? 

3. What changes do we have to make? 

1. Weakness since 2008

2. Marc Bergevin, Martin Lapointe, Rob Ramage, Sylvain Lefebvre, and Donald Dufresne.

3. Fire a lot of people and find better people to do the jobs. Geoff Molson needs to hire a proper President to oversee the club.

32 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Geoff Molson needs to hire a proper President to oversee the club.

Interesting. The team we laughed at for so many years hired as their president.....a former hockey player, Brendan Shanahan. And look at the results they've been having as a result of the management team he has put together. 

Could we be that flawed? That's kind of a scary scenario. 

1 minute ago, REV-G said:

Interesting. The team we laughed at for so many years hired as their president.....a former hockey player, Brendan Shanahan. And look at the results they've been having as a result of the management team he has put together. 

Could we be that flawed? That's kind of a scary scenario. 

Shanahan was more than a former player. He worked in the NHL and had a lot of ties that way. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephane Quintal gets considered for a Habs job in a few years.

58 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

1. Weakness since 2008

2. Marc Bergevin, Martin Lapointe, Rob Ramage, Sylvain Lefebvre, and Donald Dufresne.

3. Fire a lot of people and find better people to do the jobs. Geoff Molson needs to hire a proper President to oversee the club.

If drafting is a weakness of ours, since 2008, shouldn't Trevor Timmons be on your list? 

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎03 at 7:23 AM, Scott462 said:

Now your talking! But, do I have to wear a bile yellow jersey also?

2 hours ago, DON said:

Now your talking! But, do I have to wear a bile yellow jersey also?

I actually have a Nashville jersey from their expansion year, it was a gift from someone that won it. It's not pretty but it's better than their current ones in my opinion

99home.jpg

55 minutes ago, illWill said:

I actually have a Nashville jersey from their expansion year, it was a gift from someone that won it. It's not pretty but it's better than their current ones in my opinion

99home.jpg

I always though Saber toothed kitty was pretty cool on the Flintstones, so maybe it will grow on me! Go Preds Go!

2 minutes ago, DON said:

I always though Saber toothed kitty was pretty cool on the Flintstones, so maybe it will grow on me! Go Preds Go!

lol me too but for the playoffs as of this moment I'm chanting Go PK GO :D

In reading and listening there are 3 centers out there who I wonder if they could be of help to us? They have probably been discussed here before as a backup, but I didn't read through all the posts to see if they have been discussed yet,  if we're not able to get a Matt Duschene caliber player.

1. Nick Bonino - Pittsburgh    I'm not familiar with him but from what I understand he is a very solid 2nd line C who could work out for us as a second option if nothing else is possible?

2. Ryan Nugent Hopkins -  Could he be a 1st line center and is he good enough to give up what we would have to in order to acquire him?

3. Joe Thornton - 38??   Could he give us 1 year and still put up some points. Is he a better option for a 1st line center than what we currently have.

What do you think?

29 minutes ago, REV-G said:

In reading and listening there are 3 centers out there who I wonder if they could be of help to us? They have probably been discussed here before as a backup, but I didn't read through all the posts to see if they have been discussed yet,  if we're not able to get a Matt Duschene caliber player.

1. Nick Bonino - Pittsburgh    I'm not familiar with him but from what I understand he is a very solid 2nd line C who could work out for us as a second option if nothing else is possible?

2. Ryan Nugent Hopkins -  Could he be a 1st line center and is he good enough to give up what we would have to in order to acquire him?

3. Joe Thornton - 38??   Could he give us 1 year and still put up some points. Is he a better option for a 1st line center than what we currently have.

What do you think?

Offer sheet Draisatl .. Even if it's a 6.5 million dollar per year contract, they can't afford everybody. 

He's the #1 center we need.