Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I think we really haven't had a whole lot of players that would have interested Detroit. I could see them being interested in AK46 and weber though.

I've heard they are interested in Hemsky, but given his injury history and soft play, not sure why anyone would want him. Feeling in Edmonton is that with his low compete level, he would is a bad influence on their young guns.

That's just a minor league deal, which doesn't envolve any NHLers. I would think we are talking about moving NHL pieces here and not minor AHL deals. That is not to say that an ahl level player wouldn't be included in a deal. My point was that we haven't really had a high frequency of deals with Detroit of late.

While I find myself agreeing with alot of what you say, in fairness, you need to put your brilliance on display and suggest a trade in line with the gist of the thread.

Fair enough,but other than PK and our 1st rder,we have no one we could make a significant,team improving trade. Here's what I got: PK,1st rder , and either Eller or Kristo for Eric Stall.We have our big # 1 ctr after 20 yrs.Other than that,realistically

Gill to Chicago for a 2nd

Moen to Vanc or Pitt for a 3rd,I don't think he's ever got 20 pts for those dreaming of a late 1st

AK to Nash or Minn for a 2nd and or tough prospect

Kaberle unmovable bc of contract

Keep Campoli to fill roster space

Keep Weber for same reason and maybe he'll break out,or surpass someone here.

That's just a minor league deal, which doesn't envolve any NHLers. I would think we are talking about moving NHL pieces here and not minor AHL deals. That is not to say that an ahl level player wouldn't be included in a deal. My point was that we haven't really had a high frequency of deals with Detroit of late.

That was the only relevant deal with them for a long time. Here are the next 3 'recent' ones:

Nov. 8, 1996 - Acquired Jason MacDonald for cash...he played that year in Fredericton.

June 15, 1990 - Dealt Rick Green for a 5th round pick (100th overall in those days).

Feb. 25, 1977 - Rights to Marty Howe for cash.

I think this should prove your point...

Did we trade Janik to Detroit or did he go there as UFA?

UFA.

To Nashville

Andrei Kostitsyn (That's only if we can't get him to resign here/don't have plans on doing so. I'm sure Nashville would be able to entice him to resign with his brother)

Yannick Weber

(Campoli would be even better)

To Montreal

Patrick Hornqvist

Ryan Ellis

Yes I understand all the reasons this won't happen.

Off the top of my head, it was Francis Lemieux for Brett Engelhardt. That would've been 5 or so years ago?

A few years ago, Francis Lemieux was playing for the Bulldogs.

4 friends of mine and me went to the Bell Centre to see the Dogs play against baby Sens.

Everytime Lemieux hit the ice (and I mean EVERYTIME), we were standing up yelling LEMIIIEEEEEUUUX !!!!! (pronounce it Lemioux)

I could swear it was the game of his life !

For a beer:

To Minnesota Wild

A Kostitsyn

To Montreal

G Lattendresse

They get a healthy top 6 forward. We get bigger next year.

(null)

Edited by Kiwihab

For a beer:

To Minnesota Wild

A Kostitsyn

To Montreal

G Lattendresse

(null)

I think this post should win some sort of prize for most creative/outrageous proposal :thumbs_up: Well done.

Both players in the Lats/Pouliot deal have turned out to be duds - and in both cases it has to do mainly with what's between their ears, not their talent level. Lats refuses to train in the off-season so he gets decimated with injuries. Pouliot refuses to go to the dirty areas and seems to suffer from chronic lack of confidence. A shame, really, considering that both have the tools to be impact players in their own ways.

For a beer:

To Minnesota Wild

A Kostitsyn

To Montreal

G Lattendresse

(null)

I actually would take him back. Providing he is healthy of course. Maybe not for A. Kostitsyn but I think he would come back both matured and poised to prove everyone wrong.

I actually would take him back. Providing he is healthy of course. Maybe not for A. Kostitsyn but I think he would come back both matured and poised to prove everyone wrong.

For the record, I'd take him back too. He did great work for us on the 3rd line under Carbo. And he's still young so there remains the possibility of maturation. Whether he's fair return for the expiring RFA Kostitysn in another question, but I think the answer is probably yes. After all, most people have us getting a 2nd-rounder back for AK46. With Lats, we get a young player with lots of upside who has shown he can produce in the NHL, which is a solid outcome for any 2nd-round pick. So yeah, I'd do that trade (but only after shopping AK46 around aggressively and being unable to get anything better). The Habs, of course, will not make that trade even if it is the best deal available, because it would imply that they were wrong to move Latendresse in the first place.

The Habs can always sign him as a UFA in the summer as I highly doubt Minnesota tenders him a qualifying offer. Two concussions have left his future murky to the point where I can't see them willing to qualify him at $2.6 M. I'm also leery of the maturity thing with the team owner having called him out for showing up to camp overweight a couple years ago (I don't think he was much better this year either but I could be wrong).

I think this post should win some sort of prize for most creative/outrageous proposal :thumbs_up: Well done.

Both players in the Lats/Pouliot deal have turned out to be duds - and in both cases it has to do mainly with what's between their ears, not their talent level. Lats refuses to train in the off-season so he gets decimated with injuries. Pouliot refuses to go to the dirty areas and seems to suffer from chronic lack of confidence. A shame, really, considering that both have the tools to be impact players in their own ways.

Do you realize that in the Habs illustrious history,that Lats scored more goals than any other Hab EVER before the age of 20? He had a great season for the Wild after the trade,but has been hampered by injuries. Pouliot is playing alot of key minutes with the Cup champs,and is always going to the dirty areas. I'd rather have Pouliot than Darsche and I still believe he has an upside.After we acquired him he was our best forward for 20 games until he hurt his wrist.

Do you realize that in the Habs illustrious history,that Lats scored more goals than any other Hab EVER before the age of 20? He had a great season for the Wild after the trade,but has been hampered by injuries. Pouliot is playing alot of key minutes with the Cup champs,and is always going to the dirty areas. I'd rather have Pouliot than Darsche and I still believe he has an upside.After we acquired him he was our best forward for 20 games until he hurt his wrist.

Pouliot is an impressive +18, but 17 points in 42 games is not exactly setting the world on fire. There is no disputing his talent. But that you point to a single stretch of 20 good games in his 100+ games with us illustrates the problem. He is fundamentally erratic - a classic head case, like a low-grade version of Richer.

As for Lats, his injuries have partly been tied to his famous lack of work ethic and conditioning, something that was a problem in Montreal and has continued to be a problem in Minny. He can bring a quality game, and yes, he had one good offensive year, but the idea that his career has not been disappointing strikes me as delusional.

Both are players who were projected to be productive top-6 forwards. Both have had bottom-6 careers and erratic ones at that. They're both 'duds' in that sense.

This is the type of deal Houle was a master of.

Who is Darsche Kidding

I must admit to being a bit of a fan of Lats so may cloud judgement here, but I do think it works for Minny in that they get a player to help with their playoff push. They can also evaluate him in their system for the remainder of the season and would get the first shot at resigning him if he is successful. If not they just let him go.

For us, well we at least get something back for Kostitsyn and at a lower cap hit.

Next season I could see 3 main scenarios for Latendresse:

1. He is out of shape and injury prone as per now in which case we at least get some LTIR relief (I can hear the screams now about Markov etc) - this is probably the worst case scenario.

2. He comes back healthy, but still streaky, in which case he is a serviceable 3rd liner who can play on the top two lines when required.

3. Under new coaching staff and inspired by Cole, he has a breakout year and becomes the goal crashing beast we know he has the physical potential to be.

Worth a shot I think

The problem with Latendresse is if he is constantly in and out of the lineup you don't really get the LTIR relief.

LTIR is really only useful if you know the guy is gone for the entire season.. If hes going to come back at all, its usefulness is limited.

This is why Markov hurts this season, because we keep expecting him to be back, but if we finally make the decision that he's done, it won't hurt next year.

Fair enough,but other than PK and our 1st rder,we have no one we could make a significant,team improving trade. Here's what I got: PK,1st rder , and either Eller or Kristo for Eric Stall.We have our big # 1 ctr after 20 yrs.Other than that,realistically

Gill to Chicago for a 2nd

Moen to Vanc or Pitt for a 3rd,I don't think he's ever got 20 pts for those dreaming of a late 1st

AK to Nash or Minn for a 2nd and or tough prospect

Kaberle unmovable bc of contract

Keep Campoli to fill roster space

Keep Weber for same reason and maybe he'll break out,or surpass someone here.

Are you just throwing them all out there and seeing what sticks to the wall? Also for me Eller and Kristo are not of equal value, not even close. Why would I go out and get a big center and send one back in the deal. Kind of defeats the purpose. Eller may end up being better than Staal when all is said and done. Also you in one deal wanted a tough prospect from a certian team. Why not name him? See not so easy to get a deal right.

I know what you mean about the ltir. I guess I was more thinking of him suffering ongoing concussion problems in which case he would be out long term. I agree that him being out of shape and having lots of niggling injuries would be the worst case situation although I think it could be worth taking that risk for his potential upside. I know he hasn't played alot this year but when he did he seemed to be scoring at a good rate.

(null)

Edited by Kiwihab

Are you just throwing them all out there and seeing what sticks to the wall? Also for me Eller and Kristo are not of equal value, not even close. Why would I go out and get a big center and send one back in the deal. Kind of defeats the purpose. Eller may end up being better than Staal when all is said and done. Also you in one deal wanted a tough prospect from a certian team. Why not name him? See not so easy to get a deal right.

No,every deal I propose is worthy to me. And of course Eller and Kristo aren't equal. Eller is still a prospect. Stall is an established star,#1 center,though having an off year. Eller may become better than Stall.And P.K may become better than Bobby Orr. Very much doubt both things happening.