Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Looking at hockey trades, I came up with this one:

To MTL: Chytil ($2.3M/2yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

To NYR, Poehling(waiver exempt) & either Mailloux(RD) or J.Olofsson(C)

This gives Montreal a 3C with NHL experience, solidifies the center position ...

Interesting ... Chytil not particularly strong on faceoffs (42.8% in his 4th year last season was his first year over 40%) ... his goals/60 over the last two seasons would be 6th on the Habs ... his points/60 also 6th ... different teams, different roles ... hopefully the analytical types can comment on how he would fit.

As I am absolutely uncertain what to actually expect (not hope for) from Poehling it is hard for me to judge ... and, I'm not certain I want to offload "The Problem that is Mailloux" in a minor/mid-level deal ... MB et al must have had high expectations for his NHL potential otherwise it wouldn't have been worth the shit-show of drafting him ... might be better to give him a year to develop, rehabilitate his image and see what they've got ... he could then fetch a better return and/or become a legit prospect for the Habs defence.

The only comment on Habs 2021 1st round I’ll make is that I believe that he is only a trade chip and that he will never play for the Habs

based on the French media coverage on the week following the draft, that is what I believe

44 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The only comment on Habs 2021 1st round I’ll make is that I believe that he is only a trade chip and that he will never play for the Habs

Obviously he is a tradable asset, but i believe that if he shows he is a stud in OHL, wont hear a peep about trading him and it will be just about, how soon will he suit up in Montreal.

I am guessing that will be the opinion of many, if not most, on this forum

Within the Quebequer fan base that is definitely not the case

I have a personal preference J do not want to share because I do not want to be banned from this forum...

as far as my trade proposal goes, I am really happy with it

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have a personal preference J do not want to share because I do not want to be banned from this forum...

What does this mean? Am i missing something?

21 minutes ago, DON said:

What does this mean? Am i missing something?

no, just that discussing that topic got Commandant banned and we have not seen him since. I enjoy this forum and I will avoid the topic (that got him banned) as much as I can

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

no, just that discussing that topic got Commandant banned and we have not seen him since. I enjoy this forum and I will avoid the topic (that got him banned) as much as I can

He didn't get disciplined for talking about the Logan Mailloux situation; he was disciplined for completely losing it and attacking the person saying the disgusting things. That discussion didn't get shut down just because of the topic - it got shut down because it turned into a bunch of mudslinging.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

He didn't get disciplined for talking about the Logan Mailloux situation; he was disciplined for completely losing it and attacking the person saying the disgusting things. That discussion didn't get shut down just because of the topic - it got shut down because it turned into a bunch of mudslinging.

Lets clear the air here... you all deserve at least an explanation.

I am NOT leaving the site because I was banned for 7 days.  That is not my issue.  There are rules about being rude to other members.  i broke that rule.  fine... i earned my 7 day ban.

I am leaving because those who made the disgusting posts about the victim of a crime... something to the effect of "she shouldnt go around blowing strangers" were not dealt with.  The post remains up and the poster who posted it, continued to post during the week I was banned.

i have no issue with being punished for being rude to someone.

i do have issues with this type of disgusting misogny being allowed. yes i support that we shouldnt censor most opinions.... but some things should be in my view... this type of victim shaming misogny is something that shouldny be allowed in my view... just like other things that aren't allowed... mudslinging other posters... racism.... etc....

I want to be clear her though.  i talked to Brian about the issue on the day it happened.  He indicated that he agreed with me and was going to take actions.  He asked for patience as this was July 28th, free agent day.  I said that was fine and I trusted Brian to handle it.  To be clear, I have NO ISSUES... none whatsoever with Brian.  i still believe he intended to take action and that he was being truthful with me.  i have no doubts about Brian's integrity.  I want this part very clear that i have a lot of respect for him as a poster and a manager of this site... and most importantly as a person.  

About an hour or so after my conversation with Brian i was banned by someone above him, the site owner, who posts under the username Sakiqc.  Again no issue with banning me.

i do take issue with the fact he did nothing to deal with the disgusting posts we all saw or the posters who made them.

thats fine... hes the owner and ultimately how he runs the site is his choice.

but i have my own choices and if these things are going to be allowed then my choice is to post elsewhere 

twitter - lastwordbkerr

reddit - commandant1

good luck and good health to everyone on here i had good discussions with and who i still consider friends.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Got it.

i missed what happened there, but see Ben just spelled it out.

Is too bad it went that far off the rails and i dont mean pick at any scabs or try to reopen that topic. But, the kid is a prospect worth discussing hockeywise or asset/trade wise and we should be able to speak to just that, which was my original beef about the whole mess and huge rat hole it went down.

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Got it.

i missed what happened there, but see Ben just spelled it out.

Is too bad it went that far off the rails and i dont mean pick at any scabs or try to reopen that topic. But, the kid is a prospect worth discussing hockeywise or asset/trade wise and we should be able to speak to just that, which was my original beef about the whole mess and huge rat hole it went down.

Yes, I think we all get it now.

My take on the value of “the asset” comes from what Chantal Machabée said in 98.5 fm (Habs French radio broadcaster) after the weird media scrum with Geoff Molson. The conclusion was that Mailloux will never play for the Habs

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yes, I think we all get it now.

My take on the value of “the asset” comes from what Chantal Machabée said in 98.5 fm (Habs French radio broadcaster) after the weird media scrum with Geoff Molson. The conclusion was that Mailloux will never play for the Habs

Since the kid is regarded as quite a good hockey prospect, that outcome would be typical managerial/organizational incompetence by the Montreal Canadiens: MB goes out on a limb to get the asset. Then Molson - after the fact - loses his nerve in the face of PR blowback and the word goes out that the kid “will never play for the Montreal Canadiens.” The result: a squandered asset on a team that really needs the kind of defensive prospect Mailloux is. Worst-case outcome, basically.

The minute they decided to draft the kid, the only sensible hockey option was to work hard with him (counseling, etc.) and help him to grow into the kind of person worthy of wearing the CH. Anything else is simply terrible management.

As for losing Ben, I’ve said my piece. This is a horrible outcome for this board, I am very sorry to see him go, and hope that he will consider returning eventually. :(

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As for losing Ben, I’ve said my piece. This is a horrible outcome for this board, I am very sorry to see him go, and hope that he will consider returning eventually. :(

Agree 100%, this board is better with him on it.  It was a difficult subject to deal with. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, alfredoh2009 said:

Looking at hockey trades, I came up with this one:

To MTL: Chytil ($2.3M/2yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

To NYR, Poehling(waiver exempt) & either Mailloux(RD) or J.Olofsson(C)

This gives Montreal a 3C with NHL experience, solidifies the center position. Chytil was viewed as a reach by NYR, slotted in the second round by most. NYR seems to be high on Morgan Barron who seems to be ready to step in to a bottom 6 role in 2021-2022

This gives the NYR a waiver exempt center so that they can decide to play either Barron or Poehling. It gives them alternatives when looking to resign Zibanejad or Strome and depending who they accept in the trade (Mailloux or J.Olofsson) they gain prospect depth where they are thin.

With Kotkaniemi's Offer Sheet, I would liek to update my trade proposal with the NYR:

IFF KK leaves and hte Habs get their 1st and 3rd in 2022. That year teh NYR do not have a 3rd round draft pick :)

option 1: to MTL: Chytil ($2.3M/2yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

option 2: to MTL: R. Strome ($4.5M/1yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

To NYR: CAR's 1st and 3rd (gotten for KK) and either Mailloux(RD) or J.Olofsson(C) depending who they value more (or both!)

The Habs get a good center either way while keeping Poehling

NYRs get two decent draft picks and depth at either RHD or centre. They also get extra cap space for a blockbuster trade

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

With Kotkaniemi's Offer Sheet, I would liek to update my trade proposal with the NYR:

IFF KK leaves and hte Habs get their 1st and 3rd in 2022. That year teh NYR do not have a 3rd round draft pick :)

option 1: to MTL: Chytil ($2.3M/2yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

option 2: to MTL: R. Strome ($4.5M/1yr) and 2nd draft pick in 2022

To NYR: CAR's 1st and 3rd (gotten for KK) and either Mailloux(RD) or J.Olofsson(C) depending who they value more (or both!)

There's a huge difference in value between Mailloux and Olofsson.  One is a recent first-rounder, the other probably isn't going to be offered a contract by June and will be let go for nothing.  Olofsson's trade value is pretty much zero at the moment.

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There's a huge difference in value between Mailloux and Olofsson.  One is a recent first-rounder, the other probably isn't going to be offered a contract by June and will be let go for nothing.  Olofsson's trade value is pretty much zero at the moment.

I know that about the value difference between Olofsson and Mailloux. I think NYR would take Mailloux but if they want a cetre instead I was trying to say that my list starts with the fringe cetres we have: Olofsson, Hillis, Myzak, etc.

the trade proposal is for either Strome or Chytil for 1st, 3rd and a prospect the Habs value but won't hurt the Price/Petry cup window

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... I think NYR would take Mailloux but if they want a cetre instead I was trying to say that my list starts with the fringe cetres we have: Olofsson, Hillis, Myzak, etc.  ...

Think the point was that if the NYR wanted a centre instead of a defenceman they would want a centre of comparable value ... for all his "issues" I expect Mailloux is a higher rated talent than most of the Habs centre prospects at the moment ... looking forward to what the upcoming season will tell about Myzak, Kapanen and Farrell as prospects.

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Farrell is a point producing Tasmanian devil !

In the USHL ... but I have seen questions raised about whether his specific skill set will translate to the NCAA, and then the pros ... thus, why I am very interested in how things go in his first year at Harvard ... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know that about the value difference between Olofsson and Mailloux. I think NYR would take Mailloux but if they want a cetre instead I was trying to say that my list starts with the fringe cetres we have: Olofsson, Hillis, Myzak, etc.

There's a pretty big gap value-wise between Olofsson and the other two as well.  He's closer to the value of someone like Michael Pezzetta (in other words, zero), not recent 2nd or 3rd rounders.

47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There's a pretty big gap value-wise between Olofsson and the other two as well.  He's closer to the value of someone like Michael Pezzetta (in other words, zero), not recent 2nd or 3rd rounders.

got it

Looking at this, makes me wonder what Kulak, CAR's 1st and 3rd can get us from NYI: