Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

[...]

I don't mean them to take your fun out of this, if that's what it's doing.  

I do appreciate that you bring something to discuss, its better than coming here and not having new posts. I'm just trying to respond with what I think of the offer... and I certainly don't think my opinion is in any way definitive, its just my opinion.

Nothing to worry Commandant.

Your opinion is a good as ever, always welcome

I am looking at the Habs play and the proposals most people have made (including me)

... and I wonder if the Habs should not trade Dvorak for a high 2nd or a late 1st if packaged correctly.

I do not think Dvorak fits in the new way the team plays. He wins face-offs but does not show hoceky IQ, is not a threat to score and seems slow

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am looking at the Habs play and the proposals most people have made (including me)

... and I wonder if the Habs should not trade Dvorak for a high 2nd or a late 1st if packaged correctly.

I do not think Dvorak fits in the new way the team plays. He wins face-offs but does not show hoceky IQ, is not a threat to score and seems slow

I hadn’t scouted Dvorak closely before we acquired him (LOL) but he is a big disappointment. On paper he looked like a decent 2nd-line C. 

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He hasnt played much (if at all) since the coaching change due to his injury. 

I think we should at least let him play under St. Louis before deciding what to do

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hadn’t scouted Dvorak closely before we acquired him (LOL) but he is a big disappointment. On paper he looked like a decent 2nd-line C. 

The entire team was a disappointment.  

Id like to see him play under the new staff before saying its him and just not a product of the situation to start the year.

Almost every player is playing better since the coaching change.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Id like to see him play under the new staff before saying its him and just not a product of the situation to start the year.

I am basing my post on his time in Arizona more than anything. It is not a coaching thing, it is a career thing

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am basing my post on his time in Arizona more than anything. It is not a coaching thing, it is a career thing

His time in Arizona is why we acquired him to be a two.way centre.  He was pretty good with them and id like to see him in this team as it currently is playing before deciding. 

There is no rush.  His value is probably at its lowest right now.  Its not going to be lower in summer (and it might be better).  He also might fit in well.

We are weak at C behind suzuki.  I think its worth it to see what he has.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

His time in Arizona is why we acquired him to be a two.way centre.  He was pretty good with them and id like to see him in this team as it currently is playing before deciding. 

There is no rush.  His value is probably at its lowest right now.  Its not going to be lower in summer (and it might be better).  He also might fit in well.

It's true...hard to see what is gained by shipping him out. He's 26. If he can recover his game, he could be a valuable transitional player tiding us over the rebuilding years.

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He hasnt played much (if at all) since the coaching change due to his injury. 

I think we should at least let him play under St. Louis before deciding what to do

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I totally agree ... unless Dvorak gets back in the line-up for an extended period this season and plays as we had hoped entering the season there is not even any real value in trading him ... especially as 22/23 is likely to be another "top 10 draft lottery" seasons ... he needs a chance to show whether he could/should be part of the medium/long-term plans, and at very least rebuild his value.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I still think he just a 3C on a legit playoff team.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I still think he just a 3C on a legit playoff team.

Same here, reason why I would keep Evans, Poehling as 3C, 4C with Dauphin and Byron (untradeable) for the bottom 6: which means Dvorak would

need to be traded for an upgrade at 2C

I do not want to hear excuses on why this is hard to do. Hugh-Gort are supposed to be able to get this done where MB didn’t... can’t suck and blow at the same time

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Same here, reason why I would keep Evans, Poehling as 3C, 4C with Dauphin and Byron (untradeable) for the bottom 6: which means Dvorak would

need to be traded for an upgrade at 2C

I do not want to hear excuses on why this is hard to do. Hugh-Gort are supposed to be able to get this done where MB didn’t... can’t suck and blow at the same time

Why in the hell would they trade Dvorak right now when his value is at all time low????

you don’t sell a stock when it’s at it lowest, you wait until the value goes up. MB stupidly overpaid for Dvorak. I don’t see Gorton -Hughes getting the same return unless Milbury gets rehired, or Dvorak plays better when he is back. 

we are going to suck next year anyways.  If Dvorak does well when he returns, AND if e get a good offer this summer or the off-season you move him. Otherwise you wait until he builds his value next year. You don’t compound the stupid mistake MB made of overpaying for Dvorak, by moving him when his value is at its lowest.

12 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why in the hell would they trade Dvorak right now when his value is at all time low????

you don’t sell a stock when it’s at it lowest, you wait until the value goes up. MB stupidly overpaid for Dvorak. I don’t see Gorton -Hughes getting the same return unless Milbury gets rehired, or Dvorak plays better when he is back. 

we are going to suck next year anyways.  If Dvorak does well when he returns, AND if e get a good offer this summer or the off-season you move him. Otherwise you wait until he builds his value next year. You don’t compound the stupid mistake MB made of overpaying for Dvorak, by moving him when his value is at its lowest.

you make the assumption that Hugh-Gort are not able to get a good return if they trade Dvorak. 
The current belief is that Hugh-Gort are really good at their jobs 

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

you make the assumption that Hugh-Gort are not able to get a good return if they trade Dvorak. 

Unless another team hires Mike Milbury, not certain anybody could get a good return until Dvorak gets back on the ice and produces at least to the level he did in the desert. 

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Being really good at their jobs doesnt mean 31 other gms are bad and cant see that dvorak has struggled.

They cant snaps their fingers and give him the same value he had before the season.

He needs to play.

And if he plays well and rebuilds the value, he also might be worth keeping around.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

You make the assumption the St Louis is not able to get Dvorak to play better.

The current belief is that St Louis is good at his job.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

You make the assumption the St Louis is not able to get Dvorak to play better.

The current belief is that St Louis is good at his job.

That is not what I am saying

just that we do not have a real 2C and out the centers on the roster Dvorak is the one I would travel if there is a trade that can be worked out

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That is not what I am saying

just that we do not have a real 2C and out the centers on the roster Dvorak is the one I would travel if there is a trade that can be worked out

Well, your assumption is that Dvorak is not capable of playing 2C, and that St Louis can't get him there.

I think we don't know that yet, and we lose nothing by having him play the rest of the season. He's not going to be attracting first-round picks at the deadline anyway. If he plays better with St Louis, he may turn out to be a keeper (at least for the next year or two) and he'll at least have improved his trade value.

47 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Well, your assumption is that Dvorak is not capable of playing 2C, and that St Louis can't get him there.

I think we don't know that yet, and we lose nothing by having him play the rest of the season. He's not going to be attracting first-round picks at the deadline anyway. If he plays better with St Louis, he may turn out to be a keeper (at least for the next year or two) and he'll at least have improved his trade value.

my original was if he should be considered in the list of players to be traded.

I would think that expanded the list of players to be traded for should included a 2C and that was my reasoning

i do not know how it got turned into: “my coach is stronger than your dad” type of conversation 

And while I don't know whether St Louis is stronger than your dad, I do think the right time to trade Dvorak (if at all) would be in the off-season. And that also allows St Louis and HuGo to assess him.

4 minutes ago, ch_nl said:

Olli Juolevi on waivers. I’d love the Habs to pick him up!

He was already claimed by Detroit.  Montreal didnt put in a claim.

We discussed it in the NHL Discussion thread as its not really a trade.

I think its obvious that guys like Dvorak and Drouin need to get healthy and play with MSL as coach before management makes any decisions on their futures with the team. After reading about Hughs interview with Engles yesterday, I'm thinking we will see 2 trades at the deadline, Chariot for sure and either Petry or Kulak. Thats it. If Drouin and Dvorak come back and play well the last part of the season, its most likely they remain part of the team for the start of next season.

• Upvote 1