Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I put this suggestion in the wrong thread, but I wonder about getting Bishop if the price is low enough. If he can be signed at a reasonable price for a few years as Price's backup I think we would be in better shape then having Budaj (who I believe is done after this year with the habs).

do you feel the same after watching the game tonight budaj was gold

Hey, if Flames have cap space, we've got a 4.25 million dollar turd who's well fed and rested. C'mon Feaster. Prove the entire hockey world wrong when they said Kaberle is untradable.

Hey, if Flames have cap space, we've got a 4.25 million dollar turd who's well fed and rested. C'mon Feaster. Prove the entire hockey world wrong when they said Kaberle is untradable.

Kaberle + pick for Cammy could work. Instant help and we can buy out Cammy instead of Kaberle this Summer

Kaberle + pick for Cammy could work. Instant help and we can buy out Cammy instead of Kaberle this Summer

If Kaberle is getting the Gomez/Redden treatment (healthy scratch from here to whenever they're done to preserve the buyout ability), would the Habs want to do that and take the risk that Cammalleri could get hurt, killing their cap space in the process? His buyout would also be more costly than Kaberle.

If Kaberle is getting the Gomez/Redden treatment (healthy scratch from here to whenever they're done to preserve the buyout ability), would the Habs want to do that and take the risk that Cammalleri could get hurt, killing their cap space in the process? His buyout would also be more costly than Kaberle.

There's always the option to buy out another one, such as Bourque.

Yes. Isn't this the last year for Budaj? Bishop is an RfA.

We dont know if we can sign Bishop cause he is an RFA. we do know we can sign budaj, and he has been good lately. beat Broons twice. I was never a big fan of budaj but he is impressing me lately.

I would not be a bit surprised to see Boston acquiring Mike Cammalleri.

Get ready for it. :bonk:

I can totally see this if Chiarelli wants to ever talk to Feaster again.

I still say Montreal should go after a solid defenceman at the deadline. I'm confident that Bourque and Prust will be back soon. Diaz, not so much. What about Yandle?

Why is Phoenix giving up a 26 year old defenceman, who they signed for 5.25 million per year just 1 season ago?

He has 4 years remaining on that contract.

He plays 22 1/2 minutes per game (2nd most on their team)

And why are they doing it when they sit just 3 points out of a playoff spot?

Why is Phoenix giving up a 26 year old defenceman, who they signed for 5.25 million per year just 1 season ago?

He has 4 years remaining on that contract.

He plays 22 1/2 minutes per game (2nd most on their team)

And why are they doing it when they sit just 3 points out of a playoff spot?

I expect he can't answer those questions. I also expect he can't answer the biggy which is what would you have to give up to make that trade. i just see names thrown against the wall to see what sticks. Let me try again in this TRADE PROPOSAL thread.

Bouwmeester/ Stajan----- Kaberle/ Pateryn/Cagary's second/ Weber

I expect he can't answer those questions. I also expect he can't answer the biggy which is what would you have to give up to make that trade. i just see names thrown against the wall to see what sticks. Let me try again in this TRADE PROPOSAL thread.

Stajan is only 46.2% on the draw. If we're trading for a center it needs to be an improvement in the faceoff circle over what we have(DD 48.1%, Eller 48.6, Pleks 50.1%, Halpern 55.7%, White 54.9%). Actually from just looking up those number, we're not doing as bad as I thought on draws. Looks like MT had our centers working on them. We've moved from 28th in the league to 22nd. Still think DD, as our number 1/2 center should be a tad higher.

You're right - I can't answer those questions. Just throwing out names to see if others can provide more insight. I am certainly not going to suggest a trade with a team that has both Kaberle and Weber in it. Who in their right mind would want one of those shit bags - let alone both?

But, I'll humour you: Streit for a 2nd round pick.

You're right - I can't answer those questions. Just throwing out names to see if others can provide more insight. I am certainly not going to suggest a trade with a team that has both Kaberle and Weber in it. Who in their right mind would want one of those shit bags - let alone both?

But, I'll humour you: Streit for a 2nd round pick.

make it a 3rd and you got a deal

Stajan is only 46.2% on the draw. If we're trading for a center it needs to be an improvement in the faceoff circle over what we have(DD 48.1%, Eller 48.6, Pleks 50.1%, Halpern 55.7%, White 54.9%). Actually from just looking up those number, we're not doing as bad as I thought on draws. Looks like MT had our centers working on them. We've moved from 28th in the league to 22nd. Still think DD, as our number 1/2 center should be a tad higher.

Stajan isn't the centerpiece of the trade. The centerpiece is Bouwmeester for Pateryn and calgary's second. All the other parts could be upgraded or downgraded depending on where you wanted the value. You could even upgrade the pick to our first because the Cagary second shouldn't be too far behind. You could also substitute Pateryn for Ellis or Beaulieu. the idea is to get it close enough that it is palatable for both sides. Stajan- how can an extra center hurt?

Stajan isn't the centerpiece of the trade. The centerpiece is Bouwmeester for Pateryn and calgary's second. All the other parts could be upgraded or downgraded depending on where you wanted the value. You could even upgrade the pick to our first because the Cagary second shouldn't be too far behind. You could also substitute Pateryn for Ellis or Beaulieu. the idea is to get it close enough that it is palatable for both sides. Stajan- how can an extra center hurt?

We have DD, Pleks, Eller, Galchenyuk, Halpern, White all natural centers and Prust able to play center. Right now we have 6 natural centers on the roster and one winger that can play center. You ask how could another center hurt, I ask how many centers do a team need?

So, from my list of players in the final part of my deadline series (it can be found on the main site), here is a trade proposal (since I promised I'd post one):

To Edmonton: MTL 3rd in 2013

To Montreal: LW/RW Ryan Jones

For Edmonton, Jones has been struggling since returning to the lineup, this frees up a spot for a youngster down the stretch. Jones would probably slide in on the 4th line to start with Montreal while logging some PK time. However, he'd supplant Moen/Armstrong as the first player to be promoted should injuries/benchings arise.

I read your article Brian and I must admit that I would sacrifice our own 2nd for a guy like Cody McLoed + a late pick.

He would fit really nicely.

I read your article Brian and I must admit that I would sacrifice our own 2nd for a guy like Cody McLoed + a late pick.

He would fit really nicely.

That's exactly the value I think McLeod has. The question becomes, is a 4th line gritty guy worth a 2nd rounder (with a late pick also coming back)? There's a pretty good case to be made either way.

Islanders are tied for 8th on a three game winning streak. No way they are going to trade Streit.

A lot can happen between now and Wednesday. I think most experts would say the Islanders are not going to make it and are still rebuilding. Heck, they'll probably deal Nabokov at the deadline too.

No way would I trade Beaulieu to get bouwmeester. Why would you want to move one of your top defensive prospects (1a/1b), for a guy who has NEVER been in the playoffs in the NHL or Junior?

Yes he eats big minutes but he doesn't make those around hon better and has never raised his game when it counted.

That's exactly the value I think McLeod has. The question becomes, is a 4th line gritty guy worth a 2nd rounder (with a late pick also coming back)? There's a pretty good case to be made either way.

Speaking for myself, a 4th liner would not worth a 2nd if you'd only own one.

But with 3 of them, including CGY's 2nd (a disguised 1st pick), I would be willing to spend a 2nd for a good 4th liner who's signed for next season.