Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I think at this point, a 2nd plus something else will be warranted. Come deadline day, the price may come down a tad but for now (with Dallas talking extension with him), they're going to want more than just a 2nd I would guess.

can't they take the 2nd round pick then sign him back in the Summer as a UFA ?

They could but it is illegal to formally make such an agreement (informally is another story). If they can re-sign him before Wednesday, they will.

A lot of posters, myself included, are throwing around a second round pick to land a veteran at the deadline. I just looked up Montreal's picks for this years's draft - which second would they part with?

Definitely not the 2nd they got in the Cammalleri trade, that could end up being the 31st pick overall if Calgary continues to suck!

They also have Nashville's 2nd, and they're not playing well either.

Then Montreal of course has their own 2nd.

Change of plans, let's all cheer for Calgary and Nashville to suck, and then trade our own 2nd and Weber for....

Let me try this one

ONE of your defensive prospects, where you got depth

Pateryn/Ellis/Beaulieu + possibly a pick FOR T.Purcell or M Foligno?

There's a pretty significant gap between the d-man possibilities there. Foligno isn't going to be moved by Buffalo. I think the Lightning would have interest in a prospect d-man but they just locked up Purcell long-term not all that long ago. I can't say that they wouldn't move him but I'd be surprised if they did. I think if Pateryn or Ellis (I think Beaulieu is staying put) gets dealt, it's for a forward prospect of a similar age. Just a hunch though.

There's a pretty significant gap between the d-man possibilities there. Foligno isn't going to be moved by Buffalo. I think the Lightning would have interest in a prospect d-man but they just locked up Purcell long-term not all that long ago. I can't say that they wouldn't move him but I'd be surprised if they did. I think if Pateryn or Ellis (I think Beaulieu is staying put) gets dealt, it's for a forward prospect of a similar age. Just a hunch though.

I am looking at a rumour that has Clowe going to Philly. To me this is just a straight deal with no deadline implications. Maybe that's what we got to do. Meat for meat. Other than that, I am just trying to feed off of what they are saying on the board.

Jamie McBain's name is being floated out in the Twitterverse. I can't say I know too much about him, but he put up some points the past two years and is a RH shot. He's signed through next season at $1.8M

when you consider what postions need to be improved up front and what it will take, i think we have to look at gionta, DD and galchenyuk's spots! that is the only way we are improving this team right now!

i am in no way suggesting getting rid of galchenyuk (unless of course stamkos tavares nugent hopkins or eberle etc. is coming if you get my drift.) but his contract is easily managible! if you think sitting him or sending him down in order to improve the team right now is going to hurt his development thats crazy talk. kids gonna be great no matter what. the only question is how soon?

are we worried about burning a year? that stuff takes care of itself longterm......

plex, ryder, patch, gallagher, prust, eller, and armstrong moen and halpern are all playing well in there roster spot in relation to wage/ age/ production and moves to upgrade them would not be significant enough when condidering the compensation needed to do so. DD's size for a center will always be in question as is the captains size and points contribution compared to salary! galchenyuk is a super talent but is one year behind gallagher and it shows.... people dont agree with me as he shows this super talent in flashes but he is our weakest link in the top 9 right now!! Can we really upgrade our 4th line considering the costs? moen and armstrong have been exactly what we want and through the media (24CH etc.) it seems armstrong is a real character guy in the dresser and is hab fan at heart! halpern is a prototype of what a 4th line center should be.. moen is defensively sound and has been a staple on our PK..

so what do we do?

with bourque's return on the left i think the habs are already deep enough.... so unless we are going 2 for 1 in order to upgrade we should stay status quo!

character in the room is good.... team has played well through injuries... w edont need a name brand right now as this team is built on "team"

with that said, always look to improve at the right price............... jagr for nothing we should do and with gainey and co. advising it could actually happen.....

Jamie McBain's name is being floated out in the Twitterverse. I can't say I know too much about him, but he put up some points the past two years and is a RH shot. He's signed through next season at $1.8M

The last couple of years he has been a good offensive defenceman. This year, his play has been offensive. On a team lacking defence, he has frequently been a healthy scratch. (And me being the idiot I am thought he could be worth something and actually kept him on a fantasy team for a bit... :).)

My Hurricanes friend is begging for someone to take him.

Definition of "not a good pick up"

The last couple of years he has been a good offensive defenceman. This year, his play has been offensive. On a team lacking defence, he has frequently been a healthy scratch. (And me being the idiot I am thought he could be worth something and actually kept him on a fantasy team for a bit... :).)

Well, that's good to know. Hopefully we are done taking under-performing D from Carolina!

Sure, he's a possibility. I didn't cover every possible name. The one thing with him is that he'll cost considerably more than Leopold to get, would the Habs be willing to part with a higher pick for a pure rental? I'm leaning towards guessing no which is why I went with Leopold over Regehr in there.

Lebrun is reporting that Montreal has kicked the tires on Regehr. (Other teams have as well)

TSN saying Redden may be on the move after the Bouwmeester trade and value is a mid-late round pick. Cheap, dependable, veteran, 6th-7th defenseman, colour me interested.

To St. Louis:

2013 4th (MTL)

To Montreal:

Wade Redden

Still would give us plenty of assets to pursue another defenseman and maybe a forward.

TSN saying Redden may be on the move after the Bouwmeester trade and value is a mid-late round pick. Cheap, dependable, veteran, 6th-7th defenseman, colour me interested.

To St. Louis:

2013 4th (MTL)

To Montreal:

Wade Redden

Still would give us plenty of assets to pursue another defenseman and maybe a forward.

I rather we played NB.

I rather we played NB.

Need to stop getting TGS(Toronto goalie syndrome) with our callups. Beaulieu will be good in the future, he's played 2 games in the NHL thus far, we said the same thing about Tinordi after his first 2 games. Have to expect Beaulieu to regress and get sent back down. Just as well to make a move now, while we still can, to acquire a 6th/7th defenseman in case Beaulieu does regress.

Not to mention He probably won't cross the 9 game mark so this doesn't count as his rookie season. Also not mentioning Beaulieu would go back down when/if Diaz comes back. We're in the conversation for contention for the cup, one of 4-6 teams. We have to be planning for a playoff run now, not a growing experience for our kids like the other 10-12 teams not in that conversation.

Need to stop getting TGS(Toronto goalie syndrome) with our callups. Beaulieu will be good in the future, he's played 2 games in the NHL thus far, we said the same thing about Tinordi after his first 2 games. Have to expect Beaulieu to regress and get sent back down. Just as well to make a move now, while we still can, to acquire a 6th/7th defenseman in case Beaulieu does regress.

Not to mention He probably won't cross the 9 game mark so this doesn't count as his rookie season. Also not mentioning Beaulieu would go back down when/if Diaz comes back. We're in the conversation for contention for the cup, one of 4-6 teams. We have to be planning for a playoff run now, not a growing experience for our kids like the other 10-12 teams not in that conversation.

The 9 game rule (which is 5 this year) doesn't apply with Beaulieu. That's for junior aged (18/19 year old) players, he doesn't qualify as such. Galchenyuk is the only Hab this season where that rule comes into play (and he has far surpassed that already).

Actually, you misunderstood my post. Beaulieu has played well-- in a very small sample-- but I don't think he is now the greatest thing since sliced bread or the re-incarnation of Orr. I simply think Redden is well past his sell by date and would not help more than Beaulieu is now. I am not against us picking up a veteran D with a mean streak like Sarich or a more long term acquistion like Giordano, but I don't think Redden is worth more than a conditional 7th if that.

Since TBL were able to unload MAB on Carolina for a player and a 7th how about the proverbial Weber and a 2nd for Raffi Torres? :pray:

patience says that our defensive propects look awfully good. We spent years building this up. In 2 years we will have a great defensive group, no reason to screw that up for short term gain. If we can pick up a cheap D (ufa after this season) for a 3rd... lets do it but lets not pull another Kaberle. We need short term help on defence.

The 9 game rookie mark is only for juniors.

NB may regress THIS year. Redden has ALREADY regressed to no longer being a top 6 viable NHL defence man.

Let's just say this. Redden is more of a Pierre Gauthier type player than a Marc Bergevin type. I'd be very surprised if a trade was made for him.