Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Upshall is a big no from me. He's a guy who has been overrated for years. Keeps getting injured instead of meeting his potential. I remember when he went to the Coyotes and McGuire acted like he was the next great superstar.

Kopecky has been downright terrible at everything and is another player who was overrated for reasons and is just not meeting it.

Versteeg makes a little too much for my taste but he is skilled. Would probably get people up in arms about size again.

Drew Stafford is... so terrible. So very bad. People do realize that Mike Blunden has more hits than him in six games right?

Guest Stogey24

Upshall is a big no from me. He's a guy who has been overrated for years. Keeps getting injured instead of meeting his potential. I remember when he went to the Coyotes and McGuire acted like he was the next great superstar.

Kopecky has been downright terrible at everything and is another player who was overrated for reasons and is just not meeting it.

Versteeg makes a little too much for my taste but he is skilled. Would probably get people up in arms about size again.

Drew Stafford is... so terrible. So very bad. People do realize that Mike Blunden has more hits than him in six games right?

What's your point with Blunden having more hits? That's all he's good for. Stafford would look excellent as a 2nd or 3rd line scorer. It's tough playing to your potential when your team is crumbling before your eyes.

What's your point with Blunden having more hits? That's all he's good for. Stafford would look excellent as a 2nd or 3rd line scorer. It's tough playing to your potential when your team is crumbling before your eyes.

He looks excellent in a video game or in your imagination but he hasn't looked good in a very long time. Buffalo isn't some great team that just couldn't put it together. They panicked on big contracts for players who didn't deserve it and subsequently fell apart for multiple seasons. Stafford is an example of one of those guys.

Crazy question.. What would a team have to trade to get P.K. out of Montreal?

I'm not saying I want it to happen, because I don't. I think Subban is one of the top 4 or 5 players in the league.

Just arguing with some friends and was wondering what others thought.

Hypothetically, Pitts calls and offers Malkin straight up.. Does it get done?

Thanks for indulging me...

Guest Stogey24

He looks excellent in a video game or in your imagination but he hasn't looked good in a very long time. Buffalo isn't some great team that just couldn't put it together. They panicked on big contracts for players who didn't deserve it and subsequently fell apart for multiple seasons. Stafford is an example of one of those guys.

The year Stafford scored 30 goals was the year he got his extension. He was almost a point per game player. How is that not deserving. Buffalo had to pay him. The next season he scored 20..... As soon as he escapes Buffalo he'll put numbers up again. There will also be a gap to fill on the right side when Gio is gone next year.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, because I don't. I think Subban is one of the top 4 or 5 players in the league.

When a player hits a certain star level he never gets traded "straight up" for another star. Or rather it's extremely rare. The Hossa/Heatley deal was an exception to the rule. Chelios for Savard/2nd was a ridiculous exception.

It'd likely be a package. Maybe like the one for Pronger. Two first round picks, defensive prospect, young forward. For example, New Jersey would trade two firsts, Adam Henrique and Damon Severson.

Maybe as main pieces in a big deal for Subban:

Eberle & Perron

Huberdeau & + +? from Florida

Grigorenko & Zadorov

Byfuguglien & Schiefele

Boone Jenner & Marko Dano

Not a chance will happen, but some teams would kill for a superstar like PK, who also seems a very smart, well spoken and PR friendly guy.

Maybe as main pieces in a big deal for Subban:

Eberle & Perron

Huberdeau & + +? from Florida

Grigorenko & Zadorov

Byfuguglien & Schiefele

Boone Jenner & Marko Dano

Not a chance will happen, but some teams would kill for a superstar like PK, who also seems a very smart, well spoken and PR friendly guy.

Um..... you massively overate Boone Jenner and Marko Dano.... that package is easily the worst, not even close to the rest.

Um..... you massively overate Boone Jenner and Marko Dano.... that package is easily the worst, not even close to the rest.

Sure could be? Just tossed out some pieces that might fit in "part of" some package deal, and a big young forward like Jenner and the Dano kid (you would a lot more about Dano than I, but he seems a interesting one to me) might tweek Bergevins interest?

Sure could be? Just tossed out some pieces that might fit in "part of" some package deal, and a big young forward like Jenner and the Dano kid (you would a lot more about Dano than I, but he seems a interesting one to me) might tweek Bergevins interest?

They are interesting but its PK Subban, a Norris winner, we are talking about. These are two guys with "maybe 2nd line" upside. They are gonna need to add a real centrepiece to a package.

Luke Schenn was benched in Philly and there are quiet talks that he could be available. I wonder what it would take to get a guy in who was Philly's best defender last season.

Luke Schenn was benched in Philly and there are quiet talks that he could be available. I wonder what it would take to get a guy in who was Philly's best defender last season.

Leblanc & 2nd round pick?

Guest Stogey24

Can we see what Thomas can do first before pondering a trade back? He's getting close to returning from the sounds of it.

Third year in the A. Better be putting some numbers up.

Actually, his second full season. He was a rookie last year (he only played at the end of the junior campaign in 2011-12, that doesn't count as a season, much like Kristo's stint with Hamilton last April doesn't count as a full year). He still has another year after this on his ELC and he's only 21, it's not fair to expect immediate and significant production.

Antoine Vermette & Klesla or Morris in any reasonable Desharnais & Diaz + and pick/prospect package would tune up this team.

Side note. I just traded Patrik Berglund in one of my pools. Pretty disappointing so far, again. I thought this would be his year, again.

I remember McGuire preaching that we should have gotten NHL ready Berglund over prospect Eller. +1 Timmins. -1 McGuire.

Antoine Vermette & Klesla or Morris in any reasonable Desharnais & Diaz + and pick/prospect package would tune up this team.

Side note. I just traded Patrik Berglund in one of my pools. Pretty disappointing so far, again. I thought this would be his year, again.

I remember McGuire preaching that we should have gotten NHL ready Berglund over prospect Eller. +1 Timmins. -1 McGuire.

Was like 8 rows from the ice last night, and how tall Berglund is ?!?!? Never noticed him being 6'4'' before... thought he was some kind of 6'0'' guy...

Or what, you will really really call for him to be traded before he is 22? And with his serious injury, I almost expect him to not put up big numbers this year.

But I am quite curious how soon he is expected back?

Guest Stogey24

Or what, you will really really call for him to be traded before he is 22? And with his serious injury, I almost expect him to not put up big numbers this year.

But I am quite curious how soon he is expected back?

You almost expect him not to put up numbers after having a Hernia? He's been back skating.

You almost expect him not to put up numbers after having a Hernia? He's been back skating.

I don't know how hernia's impact a player, but any injury knocking you out for couple months, isn't the best way to start a season on right foot and sets you back for sure, how much I aint got a clue?

I haven't heard any update at all on him, back skating is good to hear.

Guest Stogey24

Almost 2 years younger than Kristo though.

I know I know. I have friends through friends that would watch North Dakota games while Kristo was playing there. They all said he was a gem. A lot of politics involved in the trade though I'm sure. It's all history now.

I know I know. I have friends through friends that would watch North Dakota games while Kristo was playing there. They all said he was a gem. A lot of politics involved in the trade though I'm sure. It's all history now.

And those in Oshawa would likely have glowing memories of Thomas's scoring there, don't you think?

Anyways, the thought of shipping him out at this stage is a bit premature. Corey Locke, Nigel Dawes also lit up the AHL also, but that was it. But, I saw numerous North Dakota games over past few years and I agree that Kristo is likely gonna do fine with Rangers.

But I simply haven't seem Thomas play, cept the couple pre-season games and will give Dudley and Bergevin the benefit of doubt (both are supposedly good judges of pro prospects) in making the call to swap players.

Edmonton's looking for leadership, size and help on the D.

Gorges, Bourque (close to being a local boy) and fucale for Yakapov?