Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Eakins just said that Yakupov isn't on the block.

What is he going to say. We are trying to get rid of our former #1 pick because he isn't responding to my coaching and doesn't play a 200 foot game and we aren't getting the type of offers for him that make it worthwhile to move him??? Edmonton WILL trade one of their young stars. they need to do something.

THe week before Darryl Sutter moved Phaneuf he said that Dion isn't going anywhere, we have signed him to a long term contract.

Florida's GM suggested today that there are more changes on the horizon beyond a coaching change (and Ryan Whitney getting waived). That list of expensive underachievers I posted the other day are surely three guys they're looking to move. If the Panthers want to swap 'change of scenery' players, this might be the time to do so. For what it's worth, I'd take Upshall or Kopecky for Desharnais, both of those players have two fewer years at equal or cheaper money. Versteeg is the best of the bunch but is pricier (3 years, $4.4 M), that one might take more than a 1-1.

I would target fleishmann and boyes. 5.5 cap hit for both. Give them dd a prospect (Tinordi or somone) and a 2nd round pick. I may be dreaming in technicolor but what the heck the rumour guys do it all the time.

We already made a huge mistake throwing in McDonough in a stupid deal. No way I'd want to make the same mistake with Tinordi or Beaulieu. You don't trade solid d prospects for second tier stop gaps.

I would target fleishmann and boyes. 5.5 cap hit for both. Give them dd a prospect (Tinordi or somone) and a 2nd round pick. I may be dreaming in technicolor but what the heck the rumour guys do it all the time.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

We already made a huge mistake throwing in McDonough in a stupid deal. No way I'd want to make the same mistake with Tinordi or Beaulieu. You don't trade solid d prospects for second tier stop gaps.

I agree completely.

I said Tinordi or someone, and you should look at Boyes stats before dismissing him. For 1 mill he is not bad. If we aren't willing to give up anything we won't get anything. Thank the great pumpkin that Briere is coming back, THAT will help. :scared:

I said Tinordi or someone, and you should look at Boyes stats before dismissing him. For 1 mill he is not bad. If we aren't willing to give up anything we won't get anything. Thank the great pumpkin that Briere is coming back, THAT will help. :scared:

As a centre I believe he will help!

As a centre I believe he will help!

Can he carry the equipment?

I hope like hell he proves me wrong but I have seen nothing that says his comeback will be any better after the injury.

Guest Stogey24

This is Diaz's final year on his contract. With him set to be come a UFA by the end of this year I seriously think he is going to be trade when Emelin returns to form. We have Beaulieu who could be NHL ready by years end and easily roll into Diaz's position. Its nice to have 7 D-men for injury reasons, but with teams desperate for D, I think Diaz has some valued to his name right now.

This is Diaz's final year on his contract. With him set to be come a UFA by the end of this year I seriously think he is going to be trade when Emelin returns to form. We have Beaulieu who could be NHL ready by years end and easily roll into Diaz's position. Its nice to have 7 D-men for injury reasons, but with teams desperate for D, I think Diaz has some valued to his name right now.

I read somewhere to-day that both Subban and Diaz at started talks on new contract- BK

Just wait til our 2nd PP unit featured Bouillion and Gorges, oh how great that will be down the stretch. And if one of PK or Markov is hurt, our PP is sunk as a whole.

Guest Stogey24

Just wait til our 2nd PP unit featured Bouillion and Gorges, oh how great that will be down the stretch. And if one of PK or Markov is hurt, our PP is sunk as a whole.

Just speculating. Diaz is not that integral to the PP. Even with Diaz in the line up I would be running 4 forwards on the 2nd PP. Or do what Boston does with Chara and post Douggy Murray in front of the net.

Just speculating. Diaz is not that integral to the PP. Even with Diaz in the line up I would be running 4 forwards on the 2nd PP. Or do what Boston does with Chara and post Douggy Murray in front of the net.

I approve of this idea. Rotate a winger back to Murray's spot after the entry/faceoff and Murray just park himself in front of the net. It's not going to affect the PP as Boullion doesn't do much to generate offense anyway. He doesn't have a booming shot or pin-point accuracy. I wouldn't mind seeing Chucky rotate back with Diaz, he is probably the best passing forward we have.

Few, if any, coaches run four forwards on their 2nd PP. They never want to get caught with 4 forwards on the ice when the penalty expires.

You can always sign Diaz, then trade him when Beaulieu is ready. That's what good organizations do - they don't just throw guys to the wind and happily stink out the joint.

Funny enough, one could use this logic about when Desharnais was signed ;)

"You can always sign Desharnais, then trade him when Eller is ready. That's what good organizations do - they don't just throw guys to the wind and happily stink out the joint."

Would Kulikov or Shawn Matthias be a plus to add from Florida? I don't know much about them.

Aint happening but; Yakupov would command what from Habs? Maybe Beaulieu and Pateryn? or Beaulieu and a 1st and 2nd pick?

Guest Stogey24

Would Kulikov or Shawn Matthias be a plus to add from Florida? I don't know much about them.

Aint happening but; Yakupov would command what from Habs? Maybe Beaulieu and Pateryn? or Beaulieu and a 1st and 2nd pick?

Yakupov has KHL written all over him

Funny enough, one could use this logic about when Desharnais was signed ;)

"You can always sign Desharnais, then trade him when Eller is ready. That's what good organizations do - they don't just throw guys to the wind and happily stink out the joint."

Well, yeah. But nobody foresaw Desharnais getting one point in 18 games or whatever it is. Assuming the player in question to be a legitimate NHLer, it's perfectly reasonable to sign him at market value and still expect him to be tradeable, barring some stupid move like giving him an NTC. Obviously this only works if you correctly assess a player's market value - which MB did at the time of the Desharnais deal.

I find people have selective vision when it comes to contracts. Based on the info to hand, it was reasonable to see DD as a 40-50 point C. Bergevin had no way to know that he would utterly implode, any more than Gainey could possibly have known that Gomez was going to magically shrink overnight from a 60-point eltie playmaker to a marginal NHLer, or that José Theodore was going to suddnly go poof in his prime, suddenly downgrading from an elite starter to a borderline case. These kinds of sudden collapses are impossible to predict and it's kind of unfair to expect a GM to forsee it.