Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I wouldn't mind seeing him with Habs and alongside Galchenyuk, but you could be correct?

Yakupov is sick. I just think he has an attitude problem.

Yakupov is sick. I just think he has an attitude problem.

could be?

But worth a gamble don't you think, habs are strong in d-pipeline and Oil are deep in young offensive talent and getting another top pick for sure.

So Beaulieu or a Tinordi must be attractive to McTavish and a good fit, being darn near NHL ready and probably an impact d-man down the road?

100% Sarcasm? Or he actually is a good young player on a very very bad team?

Very good young defenceman... no sarcasm.

If he's available, I'd love to steal him and stick him in our top 4 for a long, long time.

He'd quickly be our number 2 behind Subban.

If he's available, I'd love to steal him and stick him in our top 4 for a long, long time.

Sure, I knew nothing about him.

Couldn't agree more. Imo he's OEL caliber, just lost in the sand. Tallon Bergy relations aside. Habs could help Florida shore up their wishy washy roster with some very solid depth.

Since playing Sabres today, would Steve Ott be a good pick up. I think he is a good agitator type and could be just a rental, not sure if salary is simply too high for a 3rd/4th line centre though?

Maybe trade DD and White to Sabres for him?

I'd rather have White. White's Sakarya is cheap, he has been great this year. Ott is probably making 2.5 what White is getting paid.

Since playing Sabres today, would Steve Ott be a good pick up. I think he is a good agitator type and could be just a rental, not sure if salary is simply too high for a 3rd/4th line centre though?

Maybe trade DD and White to Sabres for him?

I'm pretty sure Buffalo won't want to trade a pending UFA for three more guaranteed years of Desharnais. They're clearing the deck to make a run at any of the prominent UFA's, this would go against that.

OK, DD is untradable, how bout trading "something" for Ott, would you think that he might be a good pick-up for Habs?

White would fit their rebuild (not that I want to see White traded but) and would need something else so Ott's salary would fit wouldn't you?

He is a 31 year old gritty shit-disturbing vet and a maritimer, that likely wants out of Buffalo and will be gone by deadline to someone, I would assume.

We need to get rid of some bodies before we add new ones. Also, Buffalo is gonna play the trade deadline like a fiddle. Guys like Ott and Moulson are going for second and first round picks. You ain't getting them for cheap.

I think we might see a small move like trading Bourque or something, but for the trade deadline, Montreal will go after Gaborik.

Guest Stogey24

We need to get rid of some bodies before we add new ones. Also, Buffalo is gonna play the trade deadline like a fiddle. Guys like Ott and Moulson are going for second and first round picks. You ain't getting them for cheap.

I think we might see a small move like trading Bourque or something, but for the trade deadline, Montreal will go after Gaborik.

Gaborik has some serious speed, but he's also soft as butter.

Insider trading on TSN said we're listening to calls on Patches, but are not shopping him. Likewise with Kane and Winnipeg, except Noel and Kane aren't seeing eye-to-eye, old story, Kane wants out of Winnipeg. How about a Kane for Patch swap?

To Winnipeg:

Pacioretty + DD + prospect/pick

To Montreal:

Kane + Setoguchi

Money wise, it's about even (8m for 7.750m), plus we get a 25+ goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer, both right wings.

We could look something like this:

Galchenyuk - Eller - Kane

Setoguchi - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bourque - Briere - Gionta

Prust - White - Bourvinal

Insider trading on TSN said we're listening to calls on Patches, but are not shopping him. Likewise with Kane and Winnipeg, except Noel and Kane aren't seeing eye-to-eye, old story, Kane wants out of Winnipeg. How about a Kane for Patch swap?

To Winnipeg:

Pacioretty + DD + prospect/pick

To Montreal:

Kane + Setoguchi

Money wise, it's about even (8m for 7.750m), plus we get a 25+ goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer, both right wings.

We could look something like this:

Galchenyuk - Eller - Kane

Setoguchi - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bourque - Briere - Gionta

Prust - White - Bourvinal

The setoguchi for dd won't work so the prospect/pick is going to have to be pretty damn good. dd is the throw in. the prospect pick is going to have to be 1st round or high 2nd round pick.

OK, DD is untradable, how bout trading "something" for Ott, would you think that he might be a good pick-up for Habs?

White would fit their rebuild (not that I want to see White traded but) and would need something else so Ott's salary would fit wouldn't you?

He is a 31 year old gritty shit-disturbing vet and a maritimer, that likely wants out of Buffalo and will be gone by deadline to someone, I would assume.

DD is not untradable...he now has 5pts in his last 4 games....it remains to be seen if this continues.

he is not quickly going to become better then Markov that i can assure you.

• Upvote 1

why we trying to move sideways with a patches/ kane deal?

we need to trade for kane or a top 6 without giving up core guys. we want to get to that elite state

kane and 4th for bourque. bouillion beaulieau or pateryn and 1st is what id try to do and tweak the deal with picks

DD is not untradable...he now has 5pts in his last 4 games....it remains to be seen if this continues.

Just see Ott with 8 hits in a nothing game for Sabres, getting stitched up and think he would be a great 3rd line centre fit between Moan-Prust, Bourque-Bournival, or any bottom six duo come playoff time.

I think this is not the year that we start trying to trade our first round pick (or any high draft pick). We have plenty of depth barring injuries. Guys like Ott and Gaborik would be expensive rentals, and we're not a piece away from being put over the top or anything.

I think this is not the year that we start trying to trade our first round pick (or any high draft pick). We have plenty of depth barring injuries. Guys like Ott and Gaborik would be expensive rentals, and we're not a piece away from being put over the top or anything.

Ott makes less than DD or Bourque and would be 7th highest paid of Habs forwards, which seems good value for gritty vet 3rd line centre rental (or extend him would be fine by me).

Just don't think he can fit under the cap and whether Habs would be highest bidder for his services.

why we trying to move sideways with a patches/ kane deal?

we need to trade for kane or a top 6 without giving up core guys. we want to get to that elite state

kane and 4th for bourque. bouillion beaulieau or pateryn and 1st is what id try to do and tweak the deal with picks

I'd move our 1st + a Bourque and other non-core parts/second-tier prospects for Kane for sure. He's still young enough that such a move doesn't really affect the basic logic of a rebuild (which is one reason why I never thought the Kessel trade was as cataclysmically bad as everbody thought). What I wouldn't do is move Beaulieu. Doing so creates a huge organizational hole that then has to be fixed in some other way. That's just whack-a-mole. And I seriously doubt that Winnipeg would make such a trade.

That's the trouble. We need to add a top-6 FW and quite possibly another top-4 defender, and we need to do that within the remaining lifespan of Markov's career as an elite defenceman, if we truly wish to contend. But we can't move core organizational pieces to do it. Good luck with that!!

As for Ott, I don't know why we want to lose assets for a rental. Makes no sense to me.

I think the better move for Winnipeg would be to fire their coach and hold onto Kane to see if the new guy (likely Dale Hawerchuk) can get him motivated and happy. I suspect they'd try that first. Frankly, they should have tried that already.