Montreal vs New Jersey, 7:00 PM, Feb. 2

dlbalr

There is a difference between an enforcer, and having a big tough team. I would like a big tough team, with skill. I don't think we need an enforcer who just fights...

I can get behind that.... I just don't want another Laraque... and I laughed at twitter yesterday and all the people saying habs need an enforcer should claim JF Jacques.

I can get behind that.... I just don't want another Laraque... and I laughed at twitter yesterday and all the people saying habs need an enforcer should claim JF Jacques.

Exactly.. Laraque did nothing. Emelin and PK can be more of a deterrent...

Exactly.. Laraque did nothing. Emelin and PK can be more of a deterrent...

PK and Emelin don't deter anything. Komi was twice the deterrent they are. And Rupp,Winchester,Torres and a few other were available this summer.JM/PG wouldn't go in that direction

Every day I open up the sports I almost pray to see that Gauthier AND Gainey are fired. Quite frankly I have lost all the good will and admiration I had for Gainey the player because of what he's done to this franchise. I have never been as disgusted and disappointed by any sports team in 40 years as I have with the 2011-2012 Canadiens. This team is built almost the exact opposite from the way he played.And with almost 40% of the cap tied up in unmovable garbage(Markov,Gomez,Gionta Kaberle),the near future is bleak. We have some nice d prospects,but they're 2 or 3 years away at best. Other than Pacs,the forwards all project to 3rd liners.

Every day I open up the sports I almost pray to see that Gauthier AND Gainey are fired. Quite frankly I have lost all the good will and admiration I had for Gainey the player because of what he's done to this franchise. I have never been as disgusted and disappointed by any sports team in 40 years as I have with the 2011-2012 Canadiens. This team is built almost the exact opposite from the way he played.And with almost 40% of the cap tied up in unmovable garbage(Markov,Gomez,Gionta Kaberle),the near future is bleak. We have some nice d prospects,but they're 2 or 3 years away at best. Other than Pacs,the forwards all project to 3rd liners.

I find myself congenitally unable to say a bad word about Mr Bob Gainey.

And I'll repeat that Gauthier's year was trumped by the best medical opinion on Markov.

I share the disappointment but I don't need more victims.

I think that Gauthier did the right thing with the advice he was obviously given on Markov. He was the guy to keep and W, might not have stayed anyway.

Too bad.

Man proposes,

Allah disposes.

I find myself congenitally unable to say a bad word about Mr Bob Gainey.

And I'll repeat that Gauthier's year was trumped by the best medical opinion on Markov.

I share the disappointment but I don't need more victims.

I think that Gauthier did the right thing with the advice he was obviously given on Markov. He was the guy to keep and W, might not have stayed anyway.

Too bad.

Man proposes,

Allah disposes.

We did ok w/o Markov last year. We did OK in 09-10 w 45 games of Markov and 7 in playoffs. I'd argue he was our 5th best dman in those playoffs. It's much,much more than Markov,and has been heading for this train wreck for awhile. I didn't like what I saw in September,but I never thought we'd see the worse Habs team in most of our lifetime. I had us pegged for 8th-9th battle

We did ok w/o Markov last year. We did OK in 09-10 w 45 games of Markov and 7 in playoffs. I'd argue he was our 5th best dman in those playoffs. It's much,much more than Markov,and has been heading for this train wreck for awhile. I didn't like what I saw in September,but I never thought we'd see the worse Habs team in most of our lifetime. I had us pegged for 8th-9th battle

I don't know all of the variables that make the difference in the different years and you may , for all I know be quite right. I can't comment intelligently on your point. Perhaps someone else can or will.

I thought we had a stronger team to begin the year Injuries have ravaged us as well this year.

Now.. as for Saint Bob.... :-)