Aaron Palushaj up again

Commandant

We knew going into this year that the Bulldogs would be in building mode. I think they would stand half a chance of doing something this year if they could keep their top prospects in Hamilton for a while. I don't think anybody knows what is in store for the rest of the year.

I thought Palushaj had a a good game on Sunday. Is this because he was finally put with some offensive players?

There is no denying that this kid has talent.

I would like to see Cunneyworth stick with the Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj line that we went with a couple of times.They seemed to hav played well the year they were together in the Hammer.

I think given barring any trades this coming week I would like to see something like:

Kositsyn-Plekanec-Cole

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc

Darche-Gomez-White

I thought Palushaj had a a good game on Sunday. Is this because he was finally put with some offensive players?

There is no denying that this kid has talent.

I would like to see Cunneyworth stick with the Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj line that we went with a couple of times.They seemed to hav played well the year they were together in the Hammer.

I think given barring any trades this coming week I would like to see something like:

Kositsyn-Plekanec-Cole

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc

Darche-Gomez-White

Seriously? And break up the Cole-Pacs-DD line. That line is the only positive thing we've had going all year offensively.And you want to break it up just to give a minor league scrub top 6 duty.He is what he is, a minor league call-up/future jouneyman fill-in

Not sure if you noticed but the line was split up quite a bit yesterday. Kostitsyn-Gomez-Cole, Pacoretty-Desharnais-Palushaj played together for quite a few shifts.

It is time to experiement to see what works and what doesn't so that we have a better tam right off the bat for next season. Experiment now.

Seriously? And break up the Cole-Pacs-DD line. That line is the only positive thing we've had going all year offensively.And you want to break it up just to give a minor league scrub top 6 duty.He is what he is, a minor league call-up/future jouneyman fill-in

A very good idea when you are OUT OF IT

To try guys in different spots and most importantly give the KIDS a serious look against top NHL guys.

A very good idea when you are OUT OF IT

To try guys in different spots and most importantly give the KIDS a serious look against top NHL guys.

Yeah if we had a better chance of making a run breaking up that line would be a JM move, but no, breaking it up to let the youngins get some more ice time to see if they fit in with the organization is important.

Guess not with Palushaj sent back down. Wonder who's coming back with Palushaj is gone and White is in Hamilton. is Moen ready? Did Gauithier already put a claim in on Stewart?

Guess not with Palushaj sent back down. Wonder who's coming back with Palushaj is gone and White is in Hamilton. is Moen ready? Did Gauithier already put a claim in on Stewart?

Stewarts dad is a MONSTER HABS FAN.

When he was at the Fronts games in Kingston watching his boys he always had a Habs winter coat on.

Stewarts dad is a MONSTER HABS FAN.

When he was at the Fronts games in Kingston watching his boys he always had a Habs winter coat on.

I know Anthony is from Lasalle but was Chris raised here as well or did they move to Ontario by then? I always like acquiring players who want to be Habs.....i.e Higgins, Leblanc, Cole, etc....it's in their blood to want to play for them.

Probably not Moen, though he's due back soon. My guess would be Blunden whose injury apparently wasn't too serious. Could be Nokelainen too, no one has said anything about his status for a while. I'm pretty sure the demotions have nothing to do with any waiver claim as they were sent down prior to Monday's waiver dispatches.

Probably not Moen, though he's due back soon. My guess would be Blunden whose injury apparently wasn't too serious. Could be Nokelainen too, no one has said anything about his status for a while. I'm pretty sure the demotions have nothing to do with any waiver claim as they were sent down prior to Monday's waiver dispatches.

Nokelainen has broken ribs I think i remember hearing so doubt it is him. Blunden makes the most sense I guess. Unless.......could it be.......dum dum dum.....Andrei........na nevermind.

Nokelainen has broken ribs I think i remember hearing so doubt it is him. Blunden makes the most sense I guess. Unless.......could it be.......dum dum dum.....Andrei........na nevermind.

Hahahahah.

At first I thought you ment KOstitsyn and I was like :bonk:

Then I understand that you ment Mr Markov.

Hey, how many GMs did Gauthier and his assistant call begging for them to take Boyd before putting him on waivers?

Could be Gauthier got a heads up and acted accordingly.

But not likely.

Too bad Palushaj was sent back down, he, Eller and Louis looked super and was first time i have seen Palushaj actually play with other skilled players.

Pateryn will likely be signed i am guessing. Probably be best for both Kristo and Beaulieu to just play out 1 more year where they are now?

Too bad Palushaj was sent back down, he, Eller and Louis looked super and was first time i have seen Palushaj actually play with other skilled players.

Pateryn will likely be signed i am guessing. Probably be best for both Kristo and Beaulieu to just play out 1 more year where they are now?

I figure Beaulieu and Kristo will both be signed. Beaulieu is in his 4th seasons in the Q and is on pace to destroy his previous bests in that league in terms of pts. He's won a memorial cup. Nothing more to learn in that league, time to go to the AHL. Kristo is in a similar situation.

Hey, how many GMs did Gauthier and his assistant call begging for them to take Boyd before putting him on waivers?

Could be Gauthier got a heads up and acted accordingly.

But not likely.

You wouldn't prematurely make the demotions unless you were absolutely certain you were getting the player (be it Stewart, Hamill, or Murray, the latter being my guess as to who they'd want to claim). As there are teams behind the Habs in the waiver priority, that certainty doesn't exist.

Now that all said, my Blunden guess is apparently out the window as he was just IR'ed. So it's either Moen or Nokelainen that are due back.

Even though Hamilton plays tomorrow, it's early enough that they could in theory pull someone up after the game and play them on the 4th line if they were anticipating something that didn't happen (a trade, waiver claim, or return from injury).

You wouldn't prematurely make the demotions unless you were absolutely certain you were getting the player (be it Stewart, Hamill, or Murray, the latter being my guess as to who they'd want to claim). As there are teams behind the Habs in the waiver priority, that certainty doesn't exist.

Now that all said, my Blunden guess is apparently out the window as he was just IR'ed. So it's either Moen or Nokelainen that are due back.

Even though Hamilton plays tomorrow, it's early enough that they could in theory pull someone up after the game and play them on the 4th line if they were anticipating something that didn't happen (a trade, waiver claim, or return from injury).

Maybe 8 dmen dreesing tonight ? Campoli and Weber on the 4th line.Not going to follow with" lol" because it actually could happen

I figure Beaulieu and Kristo will both be signed. Beaulieu is in his 4th seasons in the Q and is on pace to destroy his previous bests in that league in terms of pts. He's won a memorial cup. Nothing more to learn in that league, time to go to the AHL. Kristo is in a similar situation.

you are probably correct on what will happen, just Beaulieu's defense scares me and he reminds me exactly of Subban, great skater and puck skills (and not lacking in confidence) but defensive decision making is weak and a final year in junior wouldnt hurt and Habs dont really need him with depth of offensive d-men already in pro (Markov, Subban, Diaz, Weber). Now; Tinrodi, Ellis, Pateryn, Stejalskal, Nash the Habs could use right away, if only just for size. Also i thought St.Denis was more than capable and would love to see him called up for last 20-30 games.

And for Kristo, i just think his development was set back a year with the ol frostbite incident and also he might as well finish schooling and if he can, rip up his league? But he is a scorer and Habs are in desparate need of any offense they can add.

you are probably correct on what will happen, just Beaulieu's defense scares me and he reminds me exactly of Subban, great skater and puck skills (and not lacking in confidence) but defensive decision making is weak and a final year in junior wouldnt hurt and Habs dont really need him with depth of offensive d-men already in pro (Markov, Subban, Diaz, Weber). Now; Tinrodi, Ellis, Pateryn, Stejalskal, Nash the Habs could use right away, if only just for size. Also i thought St.Denis was more than capable and would love to see him called up for last 20-30 games.

And for Kristo, i just think his development was set back a year with the ol frostbite incident and also he might as well finish schooling and if he can, rip up his league? But he is a scorer and Habs are in desparate need of any offense they can add.

Well considering he only missed about `15 games with the frostbite, still came back, and was among the best forwards for North Dakota in the playoffs, and they were very close to a national title with Frattin and Kristo as their two highest scorers, I don't think it set him back a full year. A couple months maybe but not a full year. The Habs were also rumored to offer him a contract last year, but he decided he wanted one more year in the NCAA as the number 1 guy on his team, and going for that national title again. I think he jumps this summer, and there are big rumors, from guys I consider to be reliable sources (Grant McCagg former Habs scout, and now an editor at McKeen's) that say he is going to sign with Montreal as soon as his season is over.

Well considering he only missed about `15 games with the frostbite, still came back, and was among the best forwards for North Dakota in the playoffs, and they were very close to a national title with Frattin and Kristo as their two highest scorers, I don't think it set him back a full year. A couple months maybe but not a full year. The Habs were also rumored to offer him a contract last year, but he decided he wanted one more year in the NCAA as the number 1 guy on his team, and going for that national title again. I think he jumps this summer, and there are big rumors, from guys I consider to be reliable sources (Grant McCagg former Habs scout, and now an editor at McKeen's) that say he is going to sign with Montreal as soon as his season is over.

Like i said, i didnt think he would stay another year, just thinkin wouldnt hurt is all and i had sort of penciled him for AHL anyways and i will really be looking forward to Kristo, Gallagher, Bournival and Holland turning pro and also Leblanc and Eller after a full summer of training (barring any more injury/surgeries), because with no training camps i think both had to have suffered a bit and still look great.

On second thoughts it's not a bad idea. Though it's an obvious attempt at tanking. Hopefully there will be no more whining about Pitt and Chic. tanking a few years back.

Washington had that a few years ago for a few games when injuries struck. They were even throwing 3 D on the PP at times.