Ticket Exchange Thread

iamcanadien

If you got an error message at some point (and even if you didn't), try opening another window. While one window (which had the error) was still sitting there, I opened a second window and was immediately allowed to buy tickets. Shame that was 90 minutes after the error message (which was probably the trigger then I could purchase). I couldn't find 4 tickets together in the whites for any Saturday game by the time I tried this and got in.

This ticket process is an insult to the fans, imo. Process is broken every year, you can't buy tickets for 5, you get three chances to accept some crap tickets (instead of showing you the sections available and letting you pick which whites you prefer), and despite all this, most tickets are sold via scalpers.

I suspect if they ever did attached the tickets to the person (or credit card) to eliminate resales and scalping, then tickets would be hard, but not impossible to get.

In any case, I was so pissed at the shitty tickets I was offered due to the delay, I refused to buy any. This year, I will spend my money at the Belleville Bulls.

I got the error message too but it didnt work for me when i reloaded.... sigh... Ive been waiting forever. :(

:hlogo:

Just to be clear, do not reload, but open a second window (or up to 4 windows according to some people). After I was offered tickets, the original windows was still telling me I was waiting in queue.

Yah, complete bullshit. The preview pane lists tons of seats available, but then you burn all your chances to get shit seats... I'm totally not impressed.

But still, I'll be in the nose bleeds to see the Philly game on the 13th!

Yah, complete bullshit. The preview pane lists tons of seats available, but then you burn all your chances to get shit seats... I'm totally not impressed.

But still, I'll be in the nose bleeds to see the Philly game on the 13th!

Same here, way up in the friggin family section, when it finally said it was my turn to pick thats all that was left. But I wanted 4 regular seats and it billed me for 2 regular and 2 under 16, wtf? What do I do to get that fixed??

Same here, way up in the friggin family section, when it finally said it was my turn to pick thats all that was left. But I wanted 4 regular seats and it billed me for 2 regular and 2 under 16, wtf? What do I do to get that fixed??

nothing to do. It is the family section. You HAVE to buy tickets for adults AND children...

nothing to do. It is the family section. You HAVE to buy tickets for adults AND children...

Ok, so when I said I wanted 4 tickets together in the best spot they had and they gave me those, what are they going to say when two people who are obviously over 16 try to use them?

Ok, so when I said I wanted 4 tickets together in the best spot they had and they gave me those, what are they going to say when two people who are obviously over 16 try to use them?

You'll have to fight the 20 years old pretty girl who works at the family section entrance :P

If you got an error message at some point (and even if you didn't), try opening another window. While one window (which had the error) was still sitting there, I opened a second window and was immediately allowed to buy tickets. Shame that was 90 minutes after the error message (which was probably the trigger then I could purchase). I couldn't find 4 tickets together in the whites for any Saturday game by the time I tried this and got in.

This ticket process is an insult to the fans, imo. Process is broken every year, you can't buy tickets for 5, you get three chances to accept some crap tickets (instead of showing you the sections available and letting you pick which whites you prefer), and despite all this, most tickets are sold via scalpers.

I suspect if they ever did attached the tickets to the person (or credit card) to eliminate resales and scalping, then tickets would be hard, but not impossible to get.

In any case, I was so pissed at the shitty tickets I was offered due to the delay, I refused to buy any. This year, I will spend my money at the Belleville Bulls.

Me too.

Bulls huh? I take it your in Belleville?

Im going to try for sens tickets. Im shooting for the 28th of December or the 30th of January. Anyone got any idea whent they release those tickets? They only have tickets for games in October and November on sale right now.

Yeh, no idea when they go on sale, but Ottawa always releases their home game tickets in 3 chunks.

Me too.

Bulls huh? I take it your in Belleville?

Technically, I am in Stirling, but close enough.

I went to the Bull's adult fantasy camp this year and got to play with a bunch of them. It was an amazing, yet painful experience.

I will miss PK but the bulls games are cheap and fun. Heck, my son was in camp with all their goalies this summer and they treated him great. First class org!

I went to the Bull's adult fantasy camp this year and got to play with a bunch of them. It was an amazing, yet painful experience.

I will miss PK but the bulls games are cheap and fun. Heck, my son was in camp with all their goalies this summer and they treated him great. First class org!

I lived in Stirling for 5-6 years when I was younger.

small world

I've never tried to buy Habs tickets before online or other wise but from my experience with Ticketmaster is that buying tickets online is useless. Even Ticketmasters online system is complete garbage IMHO.

(brobin @ Sep 12 2009, 05:55 PM) *

small world

I lived in Stirling for a few months back when I went to Loyalist and I'm still fairly good friends with several people from there. Its a small place so you would most likely know some of them for sure. Especially if you ever went to the Roadhouse. Have you ever drank beers with the pride of Stirling i.e. Rob Ray. I was asking him some pretty funny questions one night at the Roadhouse. He got really agitated when I starting asking him aboot Domi. :lol:

I've never tried to buy Habs tickets before online or other wise but from my experience with Ticketmaster is that buying tickets online is useless. Even Ticketmasters online system is complete garbage IMHO.

small world

I lived in Stirling for a few months back when I went to Loyalist and I'm still fairly good friends with several people from there. Its a small place so you would most likely know some of them for sure. Especially if you ever went to the Roadhouse. Have you ever drank beers with the pride of Stirling i.e. Rob Ray. I was asking him some pretty funny questions one night at the Roadhouse. He got really agitated when I starting asking him aboot Domi. :lol:

Ask him about Phil Housley sometime :lol:

---------------

guys, a trick I never tried but that I heard is working

Every 15th day of the month, they release some unsold tickets for the upcoming few games, that they had reserved for various reasons (e.g. fans contests, family and friends of players, VIPs, etc)

If you go to the Booth early on the 15th, you might be able to actually be able to buy some of these.

small world

LOL... no, I have never run into Rob Ray, but I have seen Matt Cooke around on occassion. As a rule, I try not to agitate guys who have had multiple concussions. :)

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1839

Down here, unless you get your tickets straight from the team (i.e. the arena box office or an official team store), there's always a 15-20 percent convenience charge on every ticket. That's whether you call the team, order online, or visit a retail ticket counter. I find it hard to believe people were surprised by this. As soon as they announced there were no longer selling tickets in person, people should have known to expect such surcharges.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1839

Down here, unless you get your tickets straight from the team (i.e. the arena box office or an official team store), there's always a 15-20 percent convenience charge on every ticket. That's whether you call the team, order online, or visit a retail ticket counter. I find it hard to believe people were surprised by this. As soon as they announced there were no longer selling tickets in person, people should have known to expect such surcharges.

I was not surprised but lots of fans on other boards and other people I know who bought tickets were shocked.

I guess they should just hide the charge by raising ticket prices, then no one would notice ;)

They need to make internet ticket sales ilegal and levy a hefty fine for anyone caught doing it. Law enforcement goes after the wrong guys. Street scalpers take a risk and sometimes have problems getting rid of tickets. Internet scalpers do it for months before the game. I wish someone with authority would persue this.

Ticketmaster and the actual team or venue, should be the only ones allowed to sell online. It is the online scalpers that are making it hard for you and I to get tickets.

Edited by BCHabnut

They need to make internet ticket sales ilegal and levy a hefty fine for anyone caught doing it. Law enforcement goes after the wrong guys. Street scalpers take a risk and sometimes have problems getting rid of tickets. Internet scalpers do it for months before the game. I wish someone with authority would persue this.

Ticketmaster and the actual team or venue, should be the only ones allowed to sell online. It is the online scalpers that are making it hard for you and I to get tickets.

They could kill scalping easily. You tie the tickets to the purchaser. You put their name on it and you require ID. While some would still scam it, it would cut scalping down considerably. If you find you don't need your ticket, you return it for a small restocking fee, versus selling it for a profit!

Of course, why would any team bother. The obvious answer is that as long as all those tickets get sold, they don't really care what happens to them. They have their money already.

They could kill scalping easily. You tie the tickets to the purchaser. You put their name on it and you require ID. While some would still scam it, it would cut scalping down considerably. If you find you don't need your ticket, you return it for a small restocking fee, versus selling it for a profit!

Of course, why would any team bother. The obvious answer is that as long as all those tickets get sold, they don't really care what happens to them. They have their money already.

I love that idea except for season tickets because a lot of people like to split those. Once I get mine I will be splitting mine with 5 or 6 people.