Trade Value of: Travis Moen

dlbalr

What I am really likign here is:

Habs have 2 second round picks over the next 2 years.

Add Calgary's in 2013

nashville in 2012.

We may add one for Moen, for Kostitsyn and some people think for Weber.

Means we have 6 or 7 second roud picks over the next 2 years.

We know have the means to move up significantly in the draft or next season use these assets along with the likes of Geoffrion, Holland, etc...to acquire a top line player.

Moen has been ruled out of any games this week.

Means very unlikley he will be sent packing until right at the deadline unless a team waives the right for a physical.

I hope he is all better by Sunday.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Mike Boone (VIA TVA Sports)has him going to Detroit for Xavier Ouellet..Not sure if any picks are involved..

Translated:

http://translate.goo...46.html&act=url

Actual:

http://tvasports.ca/...220-195446.html

Edited by Blonde Demon

I would not mind keeping Moen either.

But would be happy with another 2nd rounder as well.

i concur, he is just turning 30 and is a tough smart player, with limited skills, but another 2nd and prospect would be sweet also.

Just as long as he dont walk for nothing on JUly 1st.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Mike Boone (VIA TVA Sports)has him going to Detroit for Xavier Ouellet..Not sure if any picks are involved..

Translated:

http://translate.goo...46.html&act=url

Actual:

http://tvasports.ca/...220-195446.html

Why would we want another defensive prospect?

Why would we want another defensive prospect?

Can you have too many d-men? And they can be part of trade packages, be it this or next July 1st, as well as any other player.

But maybe Gauthier thinks the same as you (and most of us i assume) and why a deal aint done yet? Red Wings do have lots of forward prospects to try and get swapped for Moan.

• Upvote 1

Rumour is they want to retain Moen and he might not be traded at all.

Yeah Mackenzie mentioned this on one of his reports that Montreal plans to resign him but that AK is on the market.

Yeah Mackenzie mentioned this on one of his reports that Montreal plans to resign him but that AK is on the market.

Unless PG has massive plans to put in a big deal for Hemsky this seems like a dumb idea. This team really needs its skilled wingers and it's already taken a significant hit this year in that department already.

I'm perfectly fine with keeping Moen.

I am getting really sick of keeping our team's future in the current GM and coach's hands for the next few weeks or months, though. Any move has too much of a stench to it.

So does Moen have any value now because of his injury? There is no way we keep hi. Everyon was very unsatisfied with his first two years here,and then he turned it on in his contract year. He's 30,which is getting up there for a 3rd-4th line grinder. He can easily be replaced this summer by a cheaper and younger UFA.

So does Moen have any value now because of his injury? There is no way we keep hi. Everyon was very unsatisfied with his first two years here,and then he turned it on in his contract year. He's 30,which is getting up there for a 3rd-4th line grinder. He can easily be replaced this summer by a cheaper and younger UFA.

I assume he wont be playing today which would mean to trade him the team acquring him would have to waive their right to a physical.

A deal is possible. That question was asked on local radio to McGuire. The team trading for him would have to be assured the injury was minor. The usual physical, plus all the pertinent info about the injury. In other words, full disclosure.

All signs point to them wanting to re-sign him after the season so I suspect he'll still be a Hab past 3 PM tomorrow. I'm just finishing the forwards section of my deadline preview and I have dropped Moen a lot further than I originally had him based on what's come out.

Keeping Moen does make sense inasmuch as the Habs continue to need rugged players with character. We do tend to forget that you can't just get rid of guys, you need to replace them; and while it's true that, in principle, players like Moen shouldn't be too hard to come by, in fact it's not so simple; if it were, there would be no market for Moen at the deadline (which by all accounts there is), and also the Habs wouldn't be scramnbling year after year to assemble some sort of legitimate bottom-6. Finally, one of the Habs's under-reported problems this season is a surplus of youth and not enough quality vets to bring the youth along. Considering the loss of Gill, it may be unwise to let Moen go as well. Remember that management probably sees this as a team that needs, not a 100% reconstruction, but a few key moves in order to compete in a serious way. Purging guys like Moen may not be one of those key moves.

That being said, this is a seller's market and if PG can engineer a Gill-like deal for Moen, I'd be all for it.

Moen HAS to be moved. If they aren't going to resign Ak46, you have to move him to . Ditto with campoli. These are three guys you have to move if they aren't going to be resigned. Of the three the only one I would resign is ak46. A week ago I'm pretty sure we could have got him between $3.5m to $3.75m. Thanks to the goat/ghost without a plan, that ship has probably sailed with the Ruttu and Hemsky signings. His willing to pay a 34 year old 6th dman, who is clueless in his own end and is softer then a marshmallow $4.2m for two more years, but isn't quick to resign a 27 year old regular 20 goal man with 30-35 goal potential to around $4m.

Keeping Moen does make sense inasmuch as the Habs continue to need rugged players with character. We do tend to forget that you can't just get rid of guys, you need to replace them; and while it's true that, in principle, players like Moen shouldn't be too hard to come by, in fact it's not so simple; if it were, there would be no market for Moen at the deadline (which by all accounts there is), and also the Habs wouldn't be scramnbling year after year to assemble some sort of legitimate bottom-6. Finally, one of the Habs's under-reported problems this season is a surplus of youth and not enough quality vets to bring the youth along. Considering the loss of Gill, it may be unwise to let Moen go as well. Remember that management probably sees this as a team that needs, not a 100% reconstruction, but a few key moves in order to compete in a serious way. Purging guys like Moen may not be one of those key moves.

That being said, this is a seller's market and if PG can engineer a Gill-like deal for Moen, I'd be all for it.

Moen HAS to be moved. If they aren't going to resign Ak46, you have to move him to . Ditto with campoli. These are three guys you have to move if they aren't going to be resigned. Of the three the only one I would resign is ak46. A week ago I'm pretty sure we could have got him between $3.5m to $3.75m. Thanks to the goat/ghost without a plan, that ship has probably sailed with the Ruttu and Hemsky signings. His willing to pay a 34 year old 6th dman, who is clueless in his own end and is softer then a marshmallow $4.2m for two more years, but isn't quick to resign a 27 year old regular 20 goal man with 30-35 goal potential to around $4m.

Moen will be resigned, but why are you against signing him? A good bottom six is crucial for a competitive team. With guys like White, Moen and Baby Geo we are building something that will help us contend. Even if as some people have mentioned Moen is at his MAX right now, he would still be valuable on the PK and a good 4th liner.

I'm sorry, but it's pretty comical when one puts unmet potential to higher value than a guy who has more points as a blueliner than him this season.

What's your evidence for this claim? Looks to me like you're creating another hypothetical brick with which to smash management in the teeth. (Not that they don't deserve to be smashed in the teeth, but for the right reasons). In all probability AK's agent wanted to wait for the value to coalesce rather than take the kind of deep discount you always seem to think our players are just dying to take.

As for Moen, you may be right, but is there anything in the proposition that we need guys like him?

Umm, I'm basing it on a direct quote fro Ak46 on Bo he wanted to stay on Montreal, would take less to stay in Montreal and is satisfied with the money he was getting.

Any GM with brains would have tried to resign him then, to see if he is sincere or playing up to the press.

As for Moen, he is a 30 yr old UFA, probably looking for more term and dollars then what I'd want to give. We also have white for the 4th line, others have said that may also be a spot for geoffrion.

In any event the two holes we need plugged first is a number 1 centre and two solid dman. Once you have that in place you can decide if you want to pick up a Moen type 4th line centre or winger. But I plug my main arteries first and then fill out the rest of the roster based on what you pick up and have left.

What's your evidence for this claim? Looks to me like you're creating another hypothetical brick with which to smash management in the teeth. (Not that they don't deserve to be smashed in the teeth, but for the right reasons). In all probability AK's agent wanted to wait for the value to coalesce rather than take the kind of deep discount you always seem to think our players are just dying to take.

As for Moen, you may be right, but is there anything in the proposition that we need guys like him?

Ruutu and Hemsky just confirmed a market that saw Ville Leino, Brooks Laich, and Tim connolly all get paid last summer. To believe AK was about to take a 3.5 million dollar deal weeks ago is foolhardy IMO.

Umm, I'm basing it on a direct quote fro Ak46 on Bo he wanted to stay on Montreal, would take less to stay in Montreal and is satisfied with the money he was getting.

Any GM with brains would have tried to resign him then, to see if he is sincere or playing up to the press.

As for Moen, he is a 30 yr old UFA, probably looking for more term and dollars then what I'd want to give. We also have white for the 4th line, others have said that may also be a spot for geoffrion.

In any event the two holes we need plugged first is a number 1 centre and two solid dman.  Once you have that in place you can decide if you want to pick up a Moen type 4th line centre or winger.  But I plug my main arteries first and then fill out the rest of the roster based on what you pick up and have left.

Thats not what AK said. He said he'd take less than his market value as a UFA but never said he wasn't looking for a raise on his present contract. He never said he was happy with what he's getting.

Thats not what AK said. He said he'd take less than his market value as a UFA but never said he wasn't looking for a raise on his present contract. He never said he was happy with what he's getting.

In the quotes I read, he said that he was satisfied with what he was making, montreal was a second home, he wanted to stay in montreal and he would take less money to stayin montreal. In any event, that is where, as a GM, you go and approach the player and see if he is serious or playing up to the media and make him an offer. WHile, some will argue, how do we know that the habs didn't make an offer to AK46 in this case, since PG is more secretive then the KGB. If an offer was made, it probably would have come out from AK's side.