Jets vs Habs, Feb. 5, 2:00 PM

dlbalr

He wound up with the lowest TOI when all was said and done. If it's a 4-1 game, I think he'd have been out there but since it was a shutout situation, Cunneyworth went more conservative.

I think if you asked Price, he'd risk the shutout to try and get Gomez a goal. Price is such a team guy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you asked Price, he'd risk the shutout to try and get Gomez a goal. Price is such a team guy.

Yep, I'd agree with that. I'm not sure if Price was at the bench for the timeout though where he could have spoke up.

That really was a less then classy way to treat Gomez. They have had several chances to help him get that goal but they seem to determined to screw him some times. He definitely should have been out there at the end to get a chance at scoring. For all his struggles, the one thing I constantly hear is that he has been a good team mate.

I don't get it. You could have put Pleks and Gomez out. Double faceoff guys and pleks could setup gomez if anyone could.

Exactly. I bet Pleks would have been looking for Gomez too if he wasn't on the damn bench.

Darche.. why did he get so much ice time? I think he is a great 3rd liner.. keep him there.

AK.. had one of those games were he killed the PP every time he touched the puck.

Showcase the UFAs for trades...

Darche for a conditional 7th.

Showcase the UFAs for trades...

Darche for a conditional 7th.

I guess I will buy that excuse if they actually do something with him.

Once we get past the trade deadline I want to see lots of kids playing.

I was at least half joking, if not more thant that.

I hated that.

We need to see more of Palushaj because of the fact his waiver exemption will be over this year.

Well, looks like when u couldn't watch the game, there was finally a game worth watching. I was kind of hoping for a loss since i couldnt watch the game anyway and wouldn't have to feel guilty about rooting against the team.

Anyway, we do need some wins and production from the young guys, so they can come into next seaso. With some confidence. Nice to see Emelin get another and sounds like Palushaj had a good game. Also nice to see the other team get shutout by us for a change.

Yep, I'd agree with that. I'm not sure if Price was at the bench for the timeout though where he could have spoke up.

Tell me something boys. How is it we can have an eight million dollar man that hasn't scored in a year and is still on the roster? Gee I wonder what kind of thought process goes behind that. NONE. We are the laughing stock of the league. It's a big f''''cking joke alright.

Tell me something boys. How is it we can have an eight million dollar man that hasn't scored in a year and is still on the roster? Gee I wonder what kind of thought process goes behind that. NONE. We are the laughing stock of the league. It's a big f''''cking joke alright.

I completely agree he shouldn't be here in October next year.

But what good would the extra cap space do right now?

I completely agree he shouldn't be here in October next year.

But what good would the extra cap space do right now?

He shouldn't have been here last year, he stunk remember. A year later we are still dealing with it and people are wondering why we are were we are. How in the hell can you begin to compete if you have that much waste space? Nice guys finish last. Get rid of him.

Gomez is singing his swan song in Montreal. This year needed to happen. We were never 7.5 million in cap space, Markov, and a coaching change away from the cup. I'm tired of being an also-ran. This year is about the future. New management, a high pick and an excellent young core is what we have. Management and the vets let us down, and without the powerplay to save us, were exposed.

He shouldn't have been here last year, he stunk remember. A year later we are still dealing with it and people are wondering why we are were we are. How in the hell can you begin to compete if you have that much waste space? Nice guys finish last. Get rid of him.

We all know the ways to get rid of Gomez and his contract. As no team wants to trade for him, the other options are awfully expensive. That's why, simple really. Let's see if Molson grows a set, and buys him out or sends him to Hamilton next year.

well the costs in real dollars of sending him down or buying him out drop dramatically this offseason vs last year.

Because his contract was front loaded.

Now the cap hit on buying him out still sucks, cause there is a complicated formula for it... but the actual dollar value is better.

Hopefully we get an amnesty buyout in the new CBA where we only have to worry about Dollars.

I didn't see the game today, but I've liked the way Gomez has played since his return. I don't want to add my weight t what he's already carrying on his shoulders.

I didn't see the game today, but I've liked the way Gomez has played since his return. I don't want to add my weight t what he's already carrying on his shoulders.

he's played "OK" relative to the last year,but 3 or 4 assists in appx 10 games isn't that great,contract or not. I've said since last year,that i don't question his effort,just tht he's washed up.

Gomez is singing his swan song in Montreal. This year needed to happen. We were never 7.5 million in cap space, Markov, and a coaching change away from the cup. I'm tired of being an also-ran. This year is about the future. New management, a high pick and an excellent young core is what we have. Management and the vets let us down, and without the powerplay to save us, were exposed.

The sad thing is,2 years ago we were in the final 4. Now we're in the bottom 4. We had a GREAT opportunity to be a feared contender. PG/BG blew it. Big time. We were a few pieces away to get there. Instead of going after available players such as Byufglien,Brewer,Reghier,O'Brien and similar,over the last 2 years,they dredged for Picard,Weber,Diaz,Campoli,and now Kaberle.it was obvious size was lacking .Prust, Ladd,,Rupp,Torres and similar were available,but they went with Darche,Halpern, various other softies and AHLers/#7 dmen to round out the bottom 6.JM also had to share some blame with his "toughness is overrated" philosophy.You can nitpick saying some of the above didn't fit/weren't available,but 2 from each category would have us battling for a top spot.

The more we "showcase our UFAs the lower their value gets

The sad thing is,2 years ago we were in the final 4. Now we're in the bottom 4. We had a GREAT opportunity to be a feared contender. PG/BG blew it. Big time. We were a few pieces away to get there. Instead of going after available players such as Byufglien,Brewer,Reghier,O'Brien and similar,over the last 2 years,they dredged for Picard,Weber,Diaz,Campoli,and now Kaberle.it was obvious size was lacking .Prust, Ladd,,Rupp,Torres and similar were available,but they went with Darche,Halpern, various other softies and AHLers/#7 dmen to round out the bottom 6.JM also had to share some blame with his "toughness is overrated" philosophy.You can nitpick saying some of the above didn't fit/weren't available,but 2 from each category would have us battling for a top spot.

The more we "showcase our UFAs the lower their value gets

It's an interesting perspective - that the core was basically fine but we went out and got the wrong complementary pieces. It'd be interesting to track the moderately-priced UFA options that have been available to the Habs over the past two years to see whether we really did systematically make the wrong moves. Of course, that a UFA was 'available' doesn't mean they would have signed with us; not does it mean we didn't try to get them. An interesting post nonetheless.

It's an interesting perspective - that the core was basically fine but we went out and got the wrong complementary pieces. It'd be interesting to track the moderately-priced UFA options that have been available to the Habs over the past two years to see whether we really did systematically make the wrong moves. Of course, that a UFA was 'available' doesn't mean they would have signed with us; not does it mean we didn't try to get them. An interesting post nonetheless.

That's what i've thought for the past two years,even with the Gomez and Markov contract fiascos.And just imagine if we got those complimentary pieces AND had that $13m freed up. Oh well,at this point you can only dream what could have been,and it's why I am so pissed at mgmnt

Would Nill take the job? Knowing the coach he hires has to speak some French. I ask this not to spark up that debate. I've decided life is easier accepting that we're not blowing the team up for a complete rebuild, and the next coach, and probably GM will speak French.

Tremendous point and I never thought of it that way.

You are correct unless Molson grows a pair but that’s highly doubtful.

Also, Emelin's shorthanded goal was the first SHG by a Hab d-man in 4 years.

Cool stat

This is where coaching pisses me off.

3 goal lead and an empty net. Put Gomez on the ice.

Gomez does not want his 1st goal in over a year to be an EN

Not watching but hope he gets the shutout..

Sups

That would be true.

Price snapped on some fans "celebrating Gomez day with signs" prior to the 3rd period.