Habs vs Islanders, Feb. 9, 7 PM

dlbalr

Expect to hear some ranting from the Isles in the postgame stuff. Their coaches were none too pleased with Pacioretty taking the shot with the game clearly in hand. That said, good for him to get the hat trick. And hallelujah for Gomez, so happy to see that one go in. Anyone else notice that his goal wound up being the winner?

Patches was going for the hattrick... Isles coaches should STFU.

what did the coaches say. I didn't think it counted, coz the play ended and I had switched over to the leafs game.

Expect to hear some ranting from the Isles in the postgame stuff. Their coaches were none too pleased with Pacioretty taking the shot with the game clearly in hand. That said, good for him to get the hat trick. And hallelujah for Gomez, so happy to see that one go in. Anyone else notice that his goal wound up being the winner?

Why ? Probably the 5,000th time they see a hat trick in an empty net...

Yeah, maybe they should put an asterik besides Gretzky's 50 in 39, since it was in an empty net. :rolleyes:

Watching it again, I don't think they were complaining about Patches shooting at the net., I think they were saying cole's dump in should be icing which would have given the Isles a face off in the Habs end with 3 or 4 seconds left.

Really close call, cant see a good enough replay to tell on DVR.

Watching it again, I don't think they were complaining about Patches shooting at the net., I think they were saying cole's dump in should be icing which would have given the Isles a face off in the Habs end with 3 or 4 seconds left.

Actually, I thought that too when I saw it.

Because with 2 seconds left, the 'classy' thing to do is just skate the time out. There was no one around and it was the offensive zone. I don't begrudge Pacioretty for taking the shot but I can see why the coaches may be upset.

Because with 2 seconds left, the 'classy' thing to do is just skate the time out. There was no one around and it was the offensive zone. I don't begrudge Pacioretty for taking the shot but I can see why the coaches may be upset.

Well... I don't buy the upset thing. It's way more "unclassy", IMO, to win a game 7-2 than scoring an EN.

######ing Gomez, ruining our tanking ;)

Seriously though, ,Feel good to see that monkey off his back.

I'm pretty sure that was a fully grown Gorilla on his back haha

Watch him go on a crazy scoring spree now haha, did anyone else see how his shoulders dropped after he scored like the world was lifted off his shoulders? I'm very happy for him.

Great night. First,Gomez getting his goal.Pacs getting the hat trick,and a win.A win that didn't really hurt our draft position as all the teams around us in play got at least a point. the only negative was price not getting the SO. And once again Darche has the most t.o.i. of all the forwards,lol

Not one player in history wouldn't shoot the puck in the EN,unless they passed to a teammate to do it. "Classy" left this organization (and most others) a looong time ago